Use 1 Account from work and/or home

I was wondering if I can use the same account on my home computer and login with it at work so I can secretly play? If there is a LEGAL way please let me know. I am extremely new to this game but Im really liking it. My home computer can play it, with lag, but these computers at work are NICE.
XD
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

There’s no reason you can’t use the same account from any location unless it’s under alpha account restrictions. Just don’t get caught playing at work I suppose.

1 Like

You can use your account from anywhere.
Just keep some spreadsheets ready in case your boss walks by. Bonus points if they’re actually EvE-related.

4 Likes

Dont use work computer for gaming, when IT department will know, you will have a talk with human resources.

1 Like

I’m in a dark corner in the Basement next to the Boiler Room. The only time they come to see me is when they wanna borrow my Stapler. XD
Everytime I try and login in with my name it says I gotta make a new one. I must be doing something wrong.

Dont you feel sometimes a sudden urge to burn down that place? :smirk:

2 Likes

That and the Free Galaxy for that matter… lol

“I’m in a dark corner in the Basement next to the Boiler Room. The only time they come to see me is when they wanna borrow my Stapler. XD”
Blatantly offtopic and not implying anything, but this activated a memory cell which was turned off way back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Fk_mDem4o

1 Like

Hando
the Handster
Figuring out how to do what he put in General Discussion Topic.
Handorama
Hand
Yeah I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks everyone for the help!

Truth.
Years ago nVidia added feature “Virtual desktop” to its drivers. My colleague found it and tried to use.

The only problem was that PC was too weak to do it properly so guy was caught while drivers were trying to redraw the screen with his game on it :rofl:

2 Likes

This just reminded me that some old games had a DOS key. If you pressed the key it would pause the game and just show a fake DOS command prompt to hide the game :smile:

3 Likes

Did you notice that your corp says it’s made of " a group of old players who has been playing since 2004 " but when I check some random members, only waterwalker appears to be from 2004, found one from 2008 and one from 2009 but the rest is 2010 and later. Might update the corp description.

You can play from work but in general it’s better not to. Better ask if you are ok to do things that might distract you from monitoring the core temperature of the nuclear reactor.

If they say it’s okay then you can :

(1) Have a VPN router with certificates installed at your home. You can grab an old 2nd hand pc with 2 network cards and install IPCop (discontinued) or IPFire Linux distribution on it and configure a VPN, make sure your “IN” is an external, not a 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x or you will have to open ports/configure port forwarding
Install and configure a remote desktop solution like MSTSC (RDP) or VNC on your PC.
Install OpenVPN at the office PC and connect to home, then remote desktop/vnc to your HomePC

(2) Use teamviewer to connect from work PC to home PC

(3) Install EVE Online on a laptop and bring that to work, connect to the wifi or cable if possible. It runs over 4G too. Make sure to not have it running on your home PC in this case certainly if you are playing with an alpha account.

(4) Install EVE Online on the work PC and play directly. Make sure to not have it running on your home PC in this case certainly if you are playing with an alpha account.

I guess there are more possibilities depending on your specific situation, but as the saying goes “Never NOT play EVE Online.”

As an IT guy I can confirm.
If its somewhere on the network, I can find it, and I will get your ship killed :3 (Including tax records and birth certificates that the idiots in my office keep on their machines .-. )

That was the “Boss-Key”, used to be on Sierra On-Line games (most of them Adventure-Games). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.