Shield Command Burst II, Shield Harmonizing Charge
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Large Transverse Bulkhead II

While traveling, when your Orca starts aligning to the next gate and drops cloak, cycle your MWD once (turn it on, then off again) and your Orca will go into warp as soon as the cycle ends (10 seconds).

If you want to mine and other people are already providing boosts however, you’ll be better off mining in a barge or exhumer. The Orca doesn’t get any benefits from mining boosts. The Orca is excellent for lazy mining though since you can set each drone on a different rock, and the massive ore / cargo / fleet holds mean you don’t have to keep warping to a station to unload.

If your Orca has 500k ehp it probably cant do anything useful or isnt omni resistant.

Youd have to share the fit but that is so far outside of normal expectations I call ■■■■■■■■

Theres literally no way to measure how many ships survive from kill statistics.

All you mean to say is…

People dont have a reason to kill slow tanky orcas.

Probably because they cant haul anything substantial.

You can transport up to one BC.

So with your proposed fit you’re lucky if you’re hauling more than 200m.

mine has 480k EHP with a MWD.

I carry considerably more than that and the ship bay is to transport a smaller hauler to pick up items.

I get 470k ehp 79/84/83/81 resists and 745 DPS from drones. The WARCA is a beast

Edit: ehp is 455k

That’s not the part I’m referring to.

However if you’re getting that much ehp just share the build.

My tank is meta.

Yours probably takes in account much higher skill levels on all pertinent skills.

Or you sacrificed m3 for bulkheads?

Which I needed the m3 for Pi. It was purpose built and kept the ehp to isk ratio correct for HS ganks

You’re describing a completely different type of ship.

Sorry I didnt want to spend 6 hours going from jita to amarr to dodixie and back again lol.

Anders sounds like their build is more freight built.

But while alignment is a lot of time…its not THAT much time.

By increasing my Orca speed to 3.04AU/s it saved over half the time spent in warp

If it’s not omni resistant you wouldn’t be seeing 500k ehp now would you, given EHP is calculated against an equal spread of damage.

And it can do everything it needs to.

Of course they can. What a completely moronic answer. If you can fit 3.5 billion of compressed ore into a DST then you can fit like 8 times that in an Orca.

Your comments here are just plain wrong. Your fit is bad, and you don’t seem to understand how ehp or cargo works.

Ore is completely worthless. So I never consider it.

It actually costs YOU isk to do anything with ore lol. We can have that discussion outside of here but that’s a reality.

I probably make more farting at work than you do hauling compressed ore

In what way does it cost you ?

Are you new to eve online.? May I suggest websites like eve university. It has a wealth of information to help you learn about eve online.

Sorry but you talk like a newb

no it’s not.
In the game, it is, but it generally is not the case.

I… don’t think so.

It all comes down to rigs. Rest is fiddling round the edges. Based on orca I am flying right now:

Three cargo rigs plus expander in low.
120,000 m3 utility cargo (plus 400,000 assembled ships, plus 187,500 ore)
250 k ehp

Three mining drone rigs.
73,000 m3 utility
300 k ehp

Three bulkheads
67,000 m3 utility
506 k ehp

One option:

Small tractor beam II
Salvager II
Drone link augmentor II
Shield command burst II x 2 (harmonising & extension charges)

500 mn cold gas MWD
em shield amp II
em shield hardener II
thermal shield hardener II
multispectrum II

reinforced bulkhead II
DCU II

large transverse bulkhead II x 3

5 x hammerhead II

506 k ehp plus 466 dps

The important thing is that m3 and value do not correlate. Ore is a useful example. Look at the same m3 or tritanium and the same m3 of compressed. Both are effectively the exact same product and yet the value per m3 is wildly different.

Ore is merely an example, it’s absolute value is of no consequence.

This is wrong. Like the opposite of true sort of wrong. But again ore was only an example. There are many things you can carry using little cargo space that is worth billions in value so…

This was just the dumbest statement in the thread.

I sure hope you’re keeping a close eye on the gates before Uedama. I’m sure that after sharing your shitfit on here CODE. will be keeping an eye out for you :joy:

Sure you do :roll_eyes:

But something tells me you’re hauling between trade hubs to relist at a slightly higher margin. So you’re not really making much isk at all. Especially not with an Orca, regardless of it’s fit.

We’re referring to ehp in the fitting window, not against specific damage profiles in pyfa or against specific aggressors. So it is against omnidamage.

This is his sticking point. He won’t fit three bulkheads because it makes for a slow ship with a reduced cargo hold and he’s doing long journeys for small margins on volume. Using anything smaller than a freighter for this is basically an opportunity cost though. You’d still want to put three bulkheads on your freighter though, if you were sensible.

1 Like

It is cheaper to buy the inputs needed for your manufacturing than it is to mine.

It’s free money to some botter in the blue donut. But to you unless that is you, it is better to do something else.

If you feel the need to transport ores for your industry well then it better be a highly scaled industry to be needing 400,000m3 ore hold or whatever it is in the Orca.

The moon goo ops is probably the only place I’d see for it but even then those are tightly and cooperatively controlled.

If there was money in mining and industry, I’d have gone that route instead of Pi to station trading.

Anders is the only person I talk with who seems to have industry down enough to make booku bucks.

And they seem so OCD I’m not sure it’s worth my sanity.

Especially given the long planning times of Industry.

No.

This circuit was strictly Pi inputs where different inputs at different hubs could make you 70mil a day per planet on average. Usually 100m+ per p4 and 20-30m+ per p3 planet.

The circuit takes about 1.5hrs to fly and get everything staged for shipment into the next hop lowsec. Where all my factories were.

I’d say about 2 to 2.5 hours over all to make a few hundreds million of isk to sometimes 500m.

From operating 13 planets.

But I considered that victory and not a style of play I wanted to continue.

So moved out of Pi and parked the orca.

Moving around Ore in an orca seems like a waste in light of those margins Pi was producing.

Massive profits. Scales of 25-40% after taxes.

Just isnt worth all my game time being devoted to daily hauling and infamous pi clicking.

You’re stuck on this ore thing.

It doesn’t have to be ore dude. Random example. The important lessons are that m3 does not correlate to value and that an Orca fit for warp speed and align time is an unnecessary risk.

You wouldn’t choose to do it in an Orca you’d move it in a ship better suited to the task. Way to completely and utterly miss the point and to argue some tangential straw man that isn’t even related to your Orca fit being a bad choice.

Why would you do this when a single system and 20 minutes of effort a week will make you more isk? What does it have to do with your terrible Orca fit?

Our definitions of massive are apparently quite different.