Using the HUGE mining lasers for defense/offense in PVP - Let's do it!

Because they only see their side of the equation. Selfishness becomes them.

2 Likes

Moved thread to Player Feature and Ideas forum section

3 Likes

This is the greatest thread in the history of my posts, it affects so much about the depth of the game, when the powerful mining lasers can be used as weapons when modulated for such use, not just for mining, the miners will have a point and shoot defense against the PVP’s that just harvest them for spare parts.

It’s ridiculous that I can’t shoot my lasers at them anyways.

The battle is inside the game not on the forum people, why fight here when you are totally able to in the game? I always see the gangs of thread bangers show up when the idea that miners need something is brought up, they all start crying “Calm down miner” like its a thing. Totally not. This is general discussions, not whatever it is you seem to think it is, like miner thread flaming.

Snowflake, clown, etc… I’ve seen so many hateful speech posters it’s a wonder they all didn’t get banned for posting hurtful statements meant to defame and disrespect others in a mean and hateful manner. Is there an admin in the house for these thread basher-flamers?

If someone is obviously flaming a thread, with posts that have no content other than the Eve Forum hate speech, why not ban em’ for a bit? If they do it again, maybe longer?

So to all you I say, come play the game as miners instead of bashing threads, you’ll get more ISK I swear.

Mining pays. Rock Rock till ya drop! \m/ \m/
It’s only Rock, but I like it. Yes indeed!

Wow, can’t even imagine what a disaster your other threads and ideas are

calm down miner!

2 Likes

Another day another thread hater - Eve forums are a battlefield.

Enough about them haters,

What about the YES’s?

Let’s get back to business and talk about the HUGE lasers on mining ships! if it hit your puny Catalyst, Should it be damaging? Yes! Would it be more accurate gameplay than not being able to target an attacker with my HUGE ore mining lasers? Yes! Would it be more realistic than not being able to shoot at the same materials I mine from asteroids with the same lasers? Yes! Am I surprised this isn’t already a thing? Yes!

Ok hotshots, let me tell you all what was supposed to happen if I shot an Ice mining laser at another ship which happened to have a water-based pilot that was attacking me? Ummmm yeah, instant paste! The pink mist, the bloody fog, etc, the ship might come out without damage but the pilot would be pasta sauce.

Ya see, lasers can be tuned to the resonant frequency of a material, so like ice which is water based the molecule is normally vibrated with a 1mm microwave, but hey this is an imaginary future, so they did it with a plasma laser of some sort! Pretty cool huh?

Either way, when I shot the ice mining laser at a pilot, he should be instantly turned into a fine paste or bloody fog, and the water contents would be sucked back up the tractor beam into my mining hold. or maybe the pilot just goes SPLAT! or POOF! inside the bridge of his ship. with no extraction. But perhaps a pinhole could be punched in the ship along the beam and the laser could just suck them or what’s left of them right out!

Makes ya think twice about ganking a miner who is equipped with ice mining lasers, huh?

The future is bright! Mine ON!

I’d say the Borg did use their HUGE mining lasers VS. cities, they just had bigger ones than on my mining barge.

1 Like

Geewiz, you live in your own little bubble. All those presuppositions don’t take into account the reality that, again, if you’re waiting for combat lasers on a mining ship you’re liable to wait a looooong time :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll think twice about it once it’s a reality, something that obviously escapes you.

YES!! The future is bright! Keep mining, guys :sweat_smile:

The Borgs don’t mine, they just assimilate. What created that crater is a combat laser.

1 Like

Bro , no one agrees with you about combat mining lasers. Maybe try pvp ?

3 Likes

you’re not everyone, so thanks for the post.

To quote the show “It was as if some great hand reached down and scooped up all the technology from the planet.” No, as the story goes, it was assimilated, integrated, not simply destroyed.

There you go! That’s the spirit!

Keep on Mining guys Indeed!

Rock Rock!! Neva Stop! \m/ \m/

Okay… more than destroyed. It certainly wasn’t mined and the conclusion is the same: it was a weapon, not a utility tool for mining.

1 Like

This idea is amazing. The sheer abuse that one could do with this mechanic is staggering.

It would take baiting to a whole new level, not to mention a whole slew of other shenanigans.

1 Like

You do know how absolutely dumb this idea is right? You know hulls have roles right? You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

The only way I would support this, is if by turning the mining lasers into combat mode you basically overheat the entire ship. You lose shields instantly to power the lasers and your ship literally starts to burn. You also lose some resists in exchange for high damage. You become a glass cannon.

If you want your ship to be special and break the role for the hull, there has to be huge downsides for balance.

You know the easiest way to explain this is that the mining lasers can’t match the shield’s modulation and therefore do no damage.

Hell, we don’t even know how the mining lasers even actually work :smiley: And you over here trynna make believe LOL.

Also if it does, mining lasers should be extremely short range in combat mode, as to make sure the intensity is right. So you’ll have to fit tackle on the ship to keep them in range. Good luck trying to catch them in a barge :smiley:

Do you see why this idea is dumb now?

1 Like

Also mining lasers should be able to mine enemy ship and make it back into ore.

But Repairers and shield boosters would need minerals, so you couldnt tank forever…

Battle haulers would be needed in big fleet fights for ships to stay on the field.

1 Like

looks like they scooped it all up and reprocessed everything = mined.

Yes, you’re right. It was mined. I can see that now.

So when is it that we’ll be able to use mining lasers for combat? You have an ETA on that?

Nope, I don’t see what you mean.

The facts of the gameplay are: I can’t lock on an enemy with lasers designed to mine out of rocks what their ships are made of = ridiculous game dynamic.

I have 2 HUGE lasers mounted on my mining barge, I have targeting systems that can lock onto things, but someone decided that magically I can’t lock them onto an attacking ship made of the same materials?

Lame.

1 Like