Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Or at least an Off-Topic segment!

I have to say, at the Kyonoke Inquest I never did understand why people were so happy with the SCOPE “reporter,” Ret Gloriaxx. Maybe it’s because I’m used to people approaching news reporting with a little more, I don’t know, dignity? But it seemed like he was not even trying not to be a walking ball of ego and prejudices. Every question was loaded with Federal propaganda. He wasn’t a reporter at all.

Yet people seemed really grateful to him. I mean, we did kind of wind up with the angle on the whole business that ended up kind of siding with him and accepting the Federal/Republic proposal, but that was because we found the working cure and didn’t have to burn everything to stop the plague from spreading. It’s not that his attitude was the correct one; it’s that it ended up not being necessary to do the harder thing. But everyone acted like he was … well, a reporter.

I don’t get it at all.

Anyway, if he’s what passes for a reporter at the SCOPE I don’t think anybody should have illusions that the SCOPE is an unbiased source for news.

Subtle or (as in his case) overt, it’s got an agenda. And at a glance, as you’d expect, it appears solidly Federal. We can maybe expect them to have some subtly negative stuff to say about a Caldari-led project like ARC.

1 Like