Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I … did that? … Ew.

Only, hm. Well, I guess actually that shouldn’t have come as a big surprise.

The difference between me and my predecessor is pretty simple: I have no personal memories older than about four years, just a bunch of skills and intellectual knowledge I don’t fully trust. That’s not so much a medical problem as a technical one: I was a backup clone of my original self. Someone hacked the data archive I was stored in, digitally wiped my memory, then arranged for me to get downloaded to a clone.

So, literally, I’m a damaged, sabotaged copy of the person you knew. I probably wouldn’t have been allowed to survive if anyone could find the original “me” or a better surviving copy. But, they couldn’t, so here I am.

Who did it isn’t clear. Some people even seem to think it was my own prior self. I don’t think so, though; it’s more likely that I’m a weapon against her.

Either way, I’m stuck with my past. And, really, I don’t hate myself or anything; I don’t have my old self’s pain, the experiences that helped make her who she was. I do resemble her a lot, in some ways, though.

She definitely wouldn’t approve of where I am in the world. That’s okay; I have my own reasons for being here.

But, payment? I don’t care about such a thing. I don’t despise ISK, but it’s just a certain kind of liquid power.

“Power” doesn’t interest me so much.

3 Likes