Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I would say they’ve quite definitively stepped aside.

As far as I know, no tribe has seen its Elder in years, so I don’t think you have to worry about a potential rejection being the reason.

It’s probably pretty funny for me to talk about faith, but I would advise you all to trust that Stark, your avatar, is exactly what you’ll need him to be.

3 Likes

Well, it is a fair assessment of ya, you simply have a blunt side to it. Still not necessarily a bad thing.

1 Like

On a completely unrelated note:

congrats @Seraphea_Vellastraan, your one-person corp is the best.

3 Likes

Thank you. It was too good to pass up.

I’m not tied to the name. There are certainly better entities than my who deserve it, if they will use it.

3 Likes

I … did that? … Ew.

Only, hm. Well, I guess actually that shouldn’t have come as a big surprise.

The difference between me and my predecessor is pretty simple: I have no personal memories older than about four years, just a bunch of skills and intellectual knowledge I don’t fully trust. That’s not so much a medical problem as a technical one: I was a backup clone of my original self. Someone hacked the data archive I was stored in, digitally wiped my memory, then arranged for me to get downloaded to a clone.

So, literally, I’m a damaged, sabotaged copy of the person you knew. I probably wouldn’t have been allowed to survive if anyone could find the original “me” or a better surviving copy. But, they couldn’t, so here I am.

Who did it isn’t clear. Some people even seem to think it was my own prior self. I don’t think so, though; it’s more likely that I’m a weapon against her.

Either way, I’m stuck with my past. And, really, I don’t hate myself or anything; I don’t have my old self’s pain, the experiences that helped make her who she was. I do resemble her a lot, in some ways, though.

She definitely wouldn’t approve of where I am in the world. That’s okay; I have my own reasons for being here.

But, payment? I don’t care about such a thing. I don’t despise ISK, but it’s just a certain kind of liquid power.

“Power” doesn’t interest me so much.

3 Likes

I see. That’s a much more reasonable explanation than anything you told me before. ‘This’ you, I mean.

The original you was as close as I, being who I was at the time, had to a friend outside of Du’uma Fiisi. She taught me a good bit. Helped me focus the madness onto a singular goal that I could pursue with clarity and intent - instead of lashing out in all directions, reckless and chaotic as I had been before.

When I first encountered ‘this’ you, I was disappointed. I wondered, why had you stepped back from the abyss? Turned away from what you are? Now I understand.

For what it’s worth, I traded those Amarrian slaves for the freedom of one million Matari slaves, over seven hundred thousand of whom survived and went on to happier, more fulfilling lives than they’d ever dreamt of. You also did that.

4 Likes

From time to time, I meet someone who knew my predecessor. Often, such people were her students. Usually, they talk about her as someone who helped them.

I’m never quite sure whether what she did really helped anyone. Maybe even the darkest of us should be able to find serenity, to be at peace with their place in things. Maybe it’s a question of whether to try to make the world safer, or simply to have compassion for the one in front of us, whoever that might be.

What happened to the other somewhat-less-than three hundred thousand?

(“Survived?”)

1 Like

He murdered them.

3 Likes

What!?

2 Likes

Yep, Minmatar that believe are dead to him. He just finishes the job.

2 Likes

I think I am going to be sick.

2 Likes

I see.

What a pretty, pretty knife my predecessor helped sharpen.

Further stains on my life’s tapestry.

2 Likes

@Havohej
Do you still feel this way? Are you still murdering those Matari who believe in an Almighty God? (Whether the Amarr have any claim to him is for another topic.)

1 Like

Do I still feel this way? Yes and no.

Am I still murdering Matari believers in the slaver’s faith? No. Something KillJoy Tseng said back then took a while to stick, but stick it has.

That people are seeing it as such a threat that they’re willing to go against our own laws to hunt out remnants of a crusade that was more or less doomed at the unlawful death of a skilled orator in charge of it… are you that insecure in our ways? Do you think us that weak? -KillJoy Tseng, YC111.8.23

I am not, and I do not. So let them believe they should be slaves in the Empire, if that’s their choice. Let them preach it to the People, if that’s their choice. We are stronger than that.

Are there those who follow a version of the Amarrians’ god figure, or any god figure at all, that doesn’t call for the enslavement of everyone not born to their bloodline? If that is so, then I have no argument with those people.

4 Likes

This makes me feel somewhat better. I am still disgusted that you committed such a terrible crime–Nauplius is horrible; we do not need a Minmatar version of him–but thankful you do not continue such atrocities.

I also feel compelled to publicly state that the Starkmanir Church is not Salvation Church. The Starkmanir did their best to be servants of the Amarr Empire and in return were nearly destroyed. Slavery of any kind is vile.

We believe in the Almighty God, but for His’s sake, stay away from the venal, corrupt Amarr Empire. One is more likely to find righteousness in an Angel Cartel pleasure hub than the Imperial Palace on Amarr Prime.

2 Likes

Nauplius?? I’ve been freeing slaves since before that madman was licensed to the pod. His atrocities are based in some ultra-violent heresy on the slaver’s faith, from what I understand.

Any terrorist act I committed was carried out with the best interests of the Minmatar People in mind.

But I’m out of the terrorism business. I’ve joined Electus Matari, rather than resurrecting Du’uma Fiisi. I am trying to build something, rather than destroy. It is… restrictive. But liberating.

4 Likes

That’s an interesting question, who logically have more reasons to survive, your former clone, who had past memories but no idea what happened in these four years and is generally considered dead, or your current clone, who doesn’t have memories of the past, but keeps living the life during these four years? :thinking:

I am not sure if it’s heresy or sheer insanity. Maybe both. However, he certainly enjoys killing Minmatar.

I wish you luck in your new endeavors and pray that no more of our people will die at your hand.

There is still a lot to unpack from what you and others have said, but I shall leave it there for now.

1 Like

My invitation stands. Be well.

2 Likes

And his were committed in what he thought was the best interests of Amarr.

But ‘best interests’ do not make something evil, good.

4 Likes