Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Sorry, I’m out of coffee. Can I substitute whoopass?

Look. I get that you’ve had some great conversations with Diana Kim. I also get that you’re naturally inclined to look for the best in people, and that you are always open to considering the other side of an argument.

And yes, for my part, this is personal. And what hurts me is that you know why, because you were sitting right there.

There is never a justifiable reason to take innocent lives. So there’s a serial killer on the wreck? How does that justify killing the person or people on there with him? This is space we’re talking about. Even if he somehow pulls off a miraculous escape, his capture isn’t worth the lives that would be lost in the process, and the families that would be destroyed in the same strike.

I know that personally. So do you.

And here’s the thing: This isn’t a subjective viewpoint. It’s an objective one. All lives have value. That’s why capsuleers of all different stripes are coming together on this matter.

It’s also why you only see monsters like Nauplius and Diana Kim raising objections to it.

“Commander Kim isn’t a monster. It’s her job.” It’s no one’s job to kill civilians. It’s no one’s job to commit race crimes. It’s no one’s job to be petty for no reason, when she has the opportunity to be real.

The fact that Kim is espousing a view that is objectively held as vile by society is nothing that would surprise anyone that’s spent time here on IGS. The fact that you’re supporting her is nausea-inducing.

Constantin, you do realize that when she refused to acknowledge me at the writing contest dinner, that that was a direct act of sabotage? That she did so as a way of undermining my success, merely because I am Matari?

It may not have been as obvious as Vaari throwing a fit, but it’s no less pervasive. It’s the suggestion that my race makes me smaller than her, unfit to wear the medal around my neck (or carry the puppy in my arms). It’s the implication that I’m not fit to sit next to nobility. It is. Racism. And it happened right in front of you.

So why the ■■■■ do you think it’s appropriate to continue to look for the best in that creature, when she couldn’t even rise to the opportunity in that moment? When she weaponized her racism against someone who you, assumedly, consider a friend?

To bring it back on topic, and a bit less personal, why, after witnessing said racist act, would you continue to assume that Kim is making an argument against saving lives for the sake of the demands of her job? The rest of us see clearly what you refuse to acknowledge: Her hatred for Gallente and Matari pervades her every word. She has no good intentions. She wants to destroy those she views as her foes, who have committed no crime against her, but are simply different from her.

Supporting someone as vicious, empty, and hateful as that isn’t a call to your own virtue. It’s an exposition of your own naïveté.

Quoted here because I couldn’t ■■■■■■■ say it better myself, except maybe to add that for being a man, as you put it, or being a friend, as I did, is just as ruinous.

4 Likes