Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

We were derailing quite significantly. Context is important.
See original post, made by a pirate and an avid supporter of she who shall not be named

Following it is a semi serious response, clarifying why people are the way they are

I don’t particularly believe the Caldari are slaves, obviously, but the important point is that past a certain level of indoctrination, people start to support the system designed to oppress them.

Clearly everything after a statement like this is not a statement to be taken seriously. If someone isn’t making a serious statement then I’m not going to be holding a serious discussion with them. There’s also the fact that anyone reading it seriously would note that I omitted a very important clarifying sentence from my statement, the full definition being below:

“Slavery is, in the strictest sense of the term, any system in which principles of property law are applied to people, allowing individuals to own, buy and sell other individuals, as a de jure form of property. A slave is unable to withdraw unilaterally from such an arrangement and works without remuneration.”

Clearly my statement was a flawed argument made simply to exaggerate the ridiculousness of the self proclaimed pirates original statement.

2 Likes