Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Pfft.

It’s nowhere near that high. More like 800:1. Doesn’t make it any less true that he’s picked one of the competent ones to get condescending at.

1 Like

Ahhh of course, two more faces in the sea of nothingness that is goons…Ha you say null like it is something scary…I bet goonspace has more security than HS. Utari is 99% gang fights, and Arrendis is 100% gang fights…that’s good, i like that…His blops isn’t doin too great, but his dreads have been working…your intercepters are kind of lacking, your solos fit on one page since 2010…couple of cyno alts, WH miners r bout it…He flys mostly amarr ships, so thats going to be fun…i can see you more than you can see me…

1 Like

Not sure why you’re replying to me given I make no claims of competance…

That said if you’re going out of the way to check my killboards and the like without having much history yourself, I must have really rustled your jimmies.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

1 Like

Was it the rousing slavery discussions?

3 Likes

I like the conclusions you guys are coming too…tells me what I need to know…

1 Like

Man, I do love a good

I’m important

No you’re not

conversation, it really brings out the best in everyone involved.

@DeMoNSpiKe , I’m fairly sure you’ve referenced your family history in at least three simultaneous threads now. Unfortunately, introducing yourself to the capsuleer community by metaphorically mounting a rock, slamming your flag into the peak and shouting “I am [Insert Name Here] son of [Some People], and [Thing] is my cause!” tends to turn people off pretty quickly. We’ve seen it before. Many, many times. A lot of them don’t last a year.

So take a breath

Relax.

Understand that the primary form of communication on these boards is sarcasm. You’ll have to manage not to get your hackles up every single time someone says something you don’t like, or you won’t cope well here. You’ll also want to avoid being unnecessarily antagonistic. By all means ruffle a few feathers, but people here have long memories. Killboard debates are a particular minefield best avoided at all costs. Nobody comes out of that looking good.

To everyone else, let’s maybe cut the new guy some slack hmm? He’s still learning!

6 Likes

Clearly not.

I’d have to disagree there, too. The one thing he’s flagrantly not doing is learning.

2 Likes

Oh, she does things. Guess who else also does things. Everyone does things. Unless of course you refer to the rather infantile fascination of the capsuleer class of getting ones hands bloody to do things that count. In which case, do you also want to rehash the “we’re only built for war, we can only kill things, anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong” -debate?

1 Like

(Since this is off topic im pretty new to this RP and am trying to have fun with it really, never done it before. Its really the first thing that brought me to eve. Read the books, have a few chars and tried to create a narrative with them including the boards.
I lived in null sov for awhile hoping to make big stories like i read about, but its mostly just “do this do that” “neut in system watch out” “ping here” “dont mine” “deploy now” and really killed the game for me. Esp TiDi. Remade a char hoping to reset my view on things and clear my board to inject a few things to keep people thinking until i have an opportunity to strike in regaurds to what i want to try and get done. I like WH and i like war and have studied it since i started. But I was almost always at a disatvantage in WHs because even when I was on point, it bugged me alot losing and having to reset if i found a sweet one. It was also kind of taxing to me to feel lost in space without a gang. I cant solo defend my own WH so jumping around was fun for awhile but lost its allure. Low sec was fun but after awhile it almost seems like there is no bigger picture. I guess u can say im trying a last ditch effort to keep myself in game. Im usually a solo player just because of my crazy schedule, and thats also why sov was hard and why i didnt run with many gangs.
Dont really know how to carry on a RP char but i am learning and i will get there. Ive always wanted to try but Im always aggressive and always run hot so its kind of in my nature, i just try not to hurt feelings and keep it to a back and forth instead of trying to shread someone verbally. I am not super creative so thats gonna take some work, but was a good first day and believe it or not i read reactions and i learn from them. Long ways to go but honestly this has been more fun than learning 20 something ship loadouts, weapon systems, specs of systems and things like FO, Optimal, and ewar of different weapons and how to counter and read ships based on sight based on that info. I will get the RP stuff, just gotta screw it up some before u get it right o7, its np lol)

2 Likes

((this board is still meant for only IC Rp so the post really shouldn’t be in here.

That being said, as a new rper, you may find the “OOC” and “Out of Character” channels in game to be a good place to sound people out on eve rp in general and your character in particular. A popular ooc forum is known as http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/ which has boards specifically for this sort of post and brainstorming, musing, etc :wink: Good luck! ))

3 Likes

((You’ll get there, I started the same way for the most part. Only thing I can say is ease into it. After all how would you treat a random person starting in your work/school who you know nothing about bragging or making waves? So far so good anyways.))

2 Likes

(( No worries, man. Aggressive and running hot IC is… well, it’s kind of common. :wink: You’re doing fine, and you’ll pick up on the little things. Also, Luna’s suggestion about the in-game channels and backstage is spot-on.))

2 Likes

Nah, most people talk about doing things, but never go much beyond talking about it. Speech is not action. Even for a politician.

3 Likes

((We all started somewhere, so don’t fret. Just enjoy yourself, and you’ll pick up on details as you go.))

3 Likes

Relatively speaking, of course a capsuleer can be poor. Amongst our class I’m - apparently - “poor” even though my assets and liquid ISK can be counted in near fifteen billion ISK. Yet I keep seeing my fellow capsuleers saying nonchalantly that they need to buy another capital ship. I cannot afford such things on a whim, not for long at least.
So if you for example put an admission fee of a billion ISK to L’amore (per night), well, I’m sure you can quite effectively bar at least some people out, if you want to. Even something like 100 million ISK would probably work.

1 Like

And we both know I would never do that…

3 Likes

Yeah, but if you ever want to, well, there it is.

1 Like

Hmm.

So, as someone else who shares that same very general category, Ms. Teinyhr, I think we’re maybe more “middle-class”? … for capsuleers.

I don’t feel very poor, anyway. It definitely seems like what counts as “rich” keeps going up, though, even for me. There was definitely a time when a billion ISK seemed like a scary amount of money.

2 Likes

Perhaps middle-class, but when you hear people talking about buying so-called “supers” without batting an eye, you sort of feel like you’re poor, y’know?
I mean for sure, I know that for recently minted capsuleers even 100 million is a truckload of ISK, but among the super-wealthy or indeed, people richer than planets, it’s nothing really.

And yes, I was around when people would have laughed at someone having a trillion ISK, “there’s not that much money in the entire world!”

1 Like