Valid character IDs?

And the reality is, when given the directions to make that thing, you asked for people to do it for you.
The reality is, you are a ■■■■■.

Read what I wrote… The reality is I asked for help, not for people to do it for me, and I said if he has them and is willing to share I’d gladly accept it. Learn the difference.

Also, it’s better to be a bitch than a condescending asshole with a reading disability.

That’s the definition of asking for them.

Well I know you are the former, it does not mean you are not the latter.

You were given directions to do what you ask for.
You tried to mislead people by implying you are not a student, while you obviously are.
Then you ask people to do the stuff.

and at the same time you make condescending sentence like

So yes, the former does not prevent the later.

Add “not understanding allusions” …

Badly documented is not a condescending statement, but a fact. Learn the difference.

I was given directions I already explored. I’m also starting to question whether you had any expertise on this to begin with.

I’m not even gonna start with the student part, since obviously you possess the stubbornness of a mule, so probably not even a photo of my degree would convince you otherwise…

It’s your opinion, not a fact. Learn the difference.
Pushing your opinion as a fact IS however condescending behavior.

No you explicitly stated you did not go those directions, and we told you that you were wrong to believe you should not - we even (I’m not alone) took the time to explain you why you were wrong in not going that direction.

You don’t need “expertise” to do that. It’s basic programing. FFS . I tell you, I did this kind of thing in my 2nd year of uni.

No, because it’s fact that you don’t have the knowledge. You have proven you don’t have the knowledge of a univ 1st year student.

You keep claiming BS.
While you got caught red handed.
Try to not take people for fools, otherwise you won’t have help from them. I would say that, but actually you received a lot of help.

Also. Just because I tell you what is wrong in your behavior, does not mean you should not receive help. I just told you the (many) reasons you were actually not helping yourself in the way you present your problem. You of course are free to keep making a fool of yourself, or to make an effort to define more precisely how you intend this to be constructive and the efforts you are willing to make. I’m all for helping people learn to do IT stuff, but definitely against student bitching to fraud.

Once you have the ID and hash, you can pass them in an HTTP GET to ESI’s killmail route to get the full killmail back.

For instance:
KMID: 78148594
KMHash: 95b4757319d75fbdf755595922bdf7bf15c02856
KM Route: https://esi.evetech.net/latest/killmails/{KMID}/{KMHASH}/

ESI request: https://esi.evetech.net/latest/killmails/78148594/95b4757319d75fbdf755595922bdf7bf15c02856/

You’re welcome to the dumps I have, send me an evemail with an email address or FTP or something and I’ll send them along.

Note that my killmail data is for losses only, so you’re still probably going to have to come up with a way to pull KMs en masse from ESI for the attacker-side data (which is in the KMs, but I discarded because it wasn’t relevant to my purposes at the time) if you want to know if they ever actually kill anyone. :slight_smile:

I would recommend looking into the Python Requests lib, but there are many ways to skin this particular cat.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the insight!

I’m gonna check it out, though I haven’t worked with ESI (yet)

Also, I will send you a msg ingame once I have eve installed again.

If you have a gander at https://esi.evetech.net/ui/#/ each endpoint has a mini-UI there you can use to manually assemble an example request - once you know how to interact with an endpoint, it’s pretty easy to script up a loop to pull data in bulk.

So you could grab a zkill history file, make a small Python (or whatever you prefer) script to cycle through the kmid:hash pairs contained therein, send the request to ESI and get back the full killmails.

The Zkill API no longer provides full killmails (except for the RedisQ endpoint, which is a live stream), it just gives you the id and hash so you can go get the full killmail via ESI.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.