Vanguard First Strike - Downtime (Concluded)

2 Likes

How the hell do you actually play Vanguard? I can’t find a download link or anything.

2 Likes

It’s in the Eve Launcher. The first time you click on it you’ll have to download the client. It’s huge! 25-28GB if memory serves me…

@CCP_Arcade

I’m Omega account and Vanguard link is not showing in my launcher…

2 Likes

Even after using the new launcher? did you register from the Vangard website?

2 Likes

On my accounts of steam, I still have the old launcher and cannot see or use Vanguard. However on my non-steam accounts on another PC I do have the new launcher with the Vanguard option. Maybe it depends on how you launch it.

3 Likes

The question I have is this.

Is it possible to create a server, lets say for a total of 25,000 players, where one block of the server acts as the gaming unit? The gaming unit would meet all of the criteria necessary to play Vanguard that would allow a PC or Laptop to connect to the server block and then play Vanguard, without the players machine needing to match the requirements to play the game with their own machine?

Could such a server block be played on a High Def T.V. where the game is connected to the T.V. in much the same way that a person is able to watch a movie on a regular T.V. channel?

1 Like

@Hoshiko_Hogo-sha @Aedaxus

I redownloaded the Launcher and Vanguard link appeared, downloaded that and a few hours later was able to log in and play.

2 Likes

The rocks are fantastic. So is the Sulphur colored gas seeping out of them and running along the ground.

2 Likes

Wasn’t able to get in to a group sadly. But I was able to accept a contract. It would be great if it would show me on the map where I was supposed to go.

1 Like

All players who join the First Strike event will receive a special reward: an exclusive and non-tradeable Arkombine Arisen capsule , claimable in EVE Online after the event concludes. Rewards will also be available within Vanguard in the future, including a reward for First Strike participants later down the line, so keep your eyes peeled for that, and the other exciting things coming.

So those of us who had unresolvable client download issues that we were never able to find a fix for are just screwed on getting these rewards?

NGL the capsule skin is pretty underwhelming lol…

2 Likes

I’m wondering if this new game will have controller support?

1 Like

DUST was a console game and it flopped so what do you think the answer to that is?

1 Like

And it sucked big time.

1 Like

It wasn’t that bad, setting up mouse+keyboard+monitor on a PS3 just was a pain (when I tried it). Dust514 reminded me of Planetside 2, with less features, but in EVE. It wasn’t a bad shooter for it’s time imho.

I had to borrow my little brother’s PS3 though, so getting it all to work was a pain for me (not a normal PS3 user) and while DUST514 wasn’t bad, it wasn’t good enough for me to buy a PS3 just for playing DUST514… Especially when I could play Planetside 2 with all the extra features it offered on my regular PC.

My issues with Vanguard are:
It wouldn’t want to install on my 4800u (integrated graphics), I wanted to experiment if I could run it in potato mode.
It won’t now install outside of the ‘testing’ windows with the new EVE launcher client.
No Geforce Now support* for those of us that have sworn off car priced gaming rigs that function as a space heater and have the power consumption of half a dozen (or more) 100W lamps…

*Now I’ve heard people make excuses for that fact: “But it’s not a full release, you can’t have it on GFN in that state!”, but here we now have the Open Beta of Stormgate (RTS in the style of StarCraft) and that is available in it’s Open Beta state on GFN.

At this point it seems like I’m going back to Planetside 2, an 11 year old game, instead of playing another EVE shooter… ;p

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.