Version 18.08 - General Feedback

No, I’m not role-playing. The scenario’s an invasion. The game mechanics change the sov-holder from the Empire/Fed/Republic/State to the Trigs. What’s more, the NPCs defending are Navy NPCs1. I’m asking CCP if they’re going to be internally-consistent in their mechanics, and make attacking the empire navies impact empire standings.

1. For example: It’s not ‘EDENCOM Raven’ NPCs getting blown to hell in Caldari space.

9 Likes

then they should change the ships to edencom ships and not empire faction ships

Or they should be internally-consistent with their mechanics, and make the mechanics reflect their intentions for the scenario, no? I mean, the whole thing wasn’t ‘Side against EDENCOM!’ it was sold as ‘you can side against the empires.’

Look, EVE’s always been sold as a game where your actions have consequences. Where your choices matter, and impact your options in the long-term. Making this whole big scenario that they’re using for all of their marketing and then saying ‘But, you know, it’s not really going to matter for your gameplay in the long run’ seems to be pretty solidly against the core conceits of the game that they’ve been pushing for the last 17 years.

9 Likes

so cutting off access to recon systems for trig supporters gives you no contest. then edencom supporters have 100% advantage and can take every system

How exactly do you think this ‘cuts off access’? My Minmatar Militia alts can get through Amarr Empire HS just fine. My -10 sec status alts have no trouble getting through High Sec even though CONCORD and the navies all want them dead. Learn the methods every single LS/NS pilot’s been using for more than a decade to deal with the consequences of shooting people the NPCS don’t want you to shoot. It’s not exactly difficult.

Here, just a few: use neutral alts to ship in all your crap. Have them set up citadels you can dock in, under the neutral corp that still has good standings. Learn to use a cloak or an interceptor when you travel. These aren’t exactly rocket surgery.

6 Likes

what your saying makes it harder for trig supporters but easier for you.

being shot at through every gate so you gotta use 2 pilots to do what you can do with one

I’m a nullsec Goon. (Literally). you wanna whine about moving around in highsec, maybe you should educate yourself a little about who you’re whining at.

Actions have consequences. We do a Burn Jita, we have trouble moving in HS because of lowered sec status. You attack the empires, no reason you shouldn’t suffer the same kind of penalty.

8 Likes

im just pointing out how what your saying gives edencom a massive advantage

1 Like

And? You want the big rewards, you gotta put in the work. It’s a freakin’ invasion. That means you have to invade, and the defenders always have built-in advantages. That’s the whole point. Attackers have advantages like being able to set the tempo of the offensive, attacking when and where they choose. Defenders can only react to that, so they get other advantages, like being able to move through their own territory more easily.

Don’t like it? Don’t pick the invading side. Personally, I’m still wondering why the empires aren’t dropping their titan fleets on the Trigs. Because they should be.

7 Likes

what big rewards are you talking about ?

Sounds to me like a question you should be asking CCP, huh?

Seriously. Break out a copy of Squad Leader, Panzer Blitz, or literally any other strategy game, ever, and find me one where attackers get to move through actively defended territory as easily as the defenders do. You are literally whining about being expected to actually deal with the difficulties of fighting a war you are volunteering for.

You want consequence-free arena crap, go do the abyssal arenas. You want to shoot at NPCs without any major consequences, go ratting in the Drone Lands. You’re choosing to side with the aggressors in a war, and then getting all upset at the very idea that the people you’re attacking might not like you? WT-absolute-F?

Hell, play yourself some Civ VI if you need a more modern reference. The moment your group troops step into enemy territory, you slow down.

14 Likes

this aint real life war its a spaceship game calmdown nullsec miner

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a spaceship game where consequences matter. HTFU, pubbie.

2 Likes

really ? pubbie. haha ok :slight_smile: the place you are now mr goon i helped fight for that

hey, if you can toss around nonsense like ‘miner’… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Simple question.
Is it so difficult to do tiericide at once for same module categories ?
Got tired to trace armor modules tiericides.

2 Likes

im not totaly against what you saying and yes i understand your point. but in this stage of the story i it would put a an unfair advantage towards edencom.

however if later the liminal systems become cut off and there is another way to travel closer to systems under attack i would be up for negative standings to empires.

Right, because absolutely no negative consequences hasn’t been an unfair advantage to the kybers? Soon as the Trigs show up, EDENCOM’s playing defense and has to respond to multiple (now 6) systems simultaneously. Kybers can pick and choose where they hit.

Until now, apparently, EDENCOM NPCs haven’t even shot at the kybers. Trigs? Not only will they shoot EDI players, they’ll pod 'em. That hasn’t been an unfair advantage?

3 Likes

both sides with have to choose carefully now.
at least now hopefully the systems wont push themselves without interaction from from us

What makes you say that? Without outside intervention, only the Amarr were winning. The Caldari were helpless, but the Fed and Republic would lose, too. With no changes to those two, they’ll still need capsuleer involvement, or the Trigs win.

But, you know, that’s not an advantage or anything, right?