Version 18.08 - General Feedback

I wouldn’t mind a very very thin neutral zone until map and autopilot properly shows which side holds a system, as right now only Lims are shown on autopilot. Major invasions or Fortifcations, Triglavian or Edencom Minor victories and Edencom fortresses all don’t show who actually holds them on autopilot; and on the map they also only show as red blips instead of who actually holds stuff.

Once that’s all fixed up I’d be more than happy for neutrality to go poof.

As for getting shot at for traversing through systems, Archee went lim and its only access points were Bawilan (a fortress) and Adrellezoen (a major fortification). Neither of which even slowed trigs down. They routed 3 jumps around Adrellezoen (because there were npcs there that actually sat on the gate) to enter through Bawilan, a fortress which had neither edencom NPCs or any gunstars. Archee should have been a system where there was a genuine defenders advantage… and yet it took trigs less than 5 minutes to slide past the gate.

4 Likes

amar pushed hard, gallente pushed slowly, minmatar was kinda stable from what i saw and caldari got owned.

at least it maybe more balanced than before. i do want some amarr systems

2 Likes

Minmatar could snowball things to win slightly, but it was at like 1-2% an hour which was so insignificant as to be irrelevant.

Caldari got their ■■■■ wrecked because of the giant weakness to liminal missiles, and I suspect they’re going to continue getting their ■■■■ wrecked because their own missiles cant apply.

Gallente were even worse in defensive stats than the caldari, having their shields be essentially untanked vs liminal missiles and the thermal damage of disintegrators, while their armor was untanked vs the explosive damage of disintegrators.

Seriously that’s the resist profile of gallente NPC’s. Shields get wrecked by marjorana missiles + disintegrators, armor gets wrecked by disintegrators.

The only point in favor of the gallente is that they could also actually kill the trigs back, unlike the caldari.

Gallente are going to be the new worst systems to defend, and caldari are going to require extensive babysitting.

2 Likes

And because the changes to jamming meant whatever they jammed could still shoot the jamming ship… and since the NPCs focus fire, that meant whichever one Trig ship was ‘jammed’ could fire at any Caldari Navy ship it wanted to, and because Caldari Navy ships have the same native EM resist as all T1 shield ships: 0%.

3 Likes

Ah yeah, that too. For a second there I actually forgot the caldari even had ewar.

There’s also the fact that every trig ship remote reps; so you cant just snipe the logi ships and then kite and whittle down everything else like its possible to do with empire ships.

Yep. The Caldari were basically a perfect storm of ‘what’s most vulnerable here?’

While the Amarr have those native armor resists, and… tracking disruptors! ‘What’s that, Trig NPCs? You can’t actually get into range before dying because you warp at long range and suddenly don’t have any range? awwwww.’

Meanwhile, Gallente point bonuses? Minmatar target painting? Really? Is that supposed to do anything?

It’s been 2 months since Raravoss fell. We’re just now seeing adaptation from the defending forces, but that’s only because CCP’s realized how unbalanced they are against one another… and half that adaptation (lit. 1/2) will be to get worse. If any of the null blocs went 2 months without adjusting to an invading force’s tactics and weapons, the entire leadership team would get fired.

(and all that’s without even getting into the whole question of ‘will CCP ever make the EDENCOM ships not suck ass?’)

8 Likes

CCPlease help me fix my login issue, haven’t been able to get on TQ all day. All I’ve been getting is:

and when I try putting in a ticket, all I get is: None of the links work off that page. I can log in to Singularity with pretty much no issues.

go into the launcher settings and check ‘ignore certification errors’. see if that helps. It’s the hamburger drop-down in the upper-right.

didn’t work. I’ve done cold restart on my entire network, that didn’t help either.

Hrm. Hopefully you don’t need to reinstall. That’d suck. Can you login properly to the accounts site?

yes, I managed that, like I say I can log into Sisi as well. I’ve even gone as far as purging the current install and reinstalling the client, with exactly the same result.

What’s bugging me is these captchas that are springing up all over the place. I’m frankly offended that a computer is accusing me of being a robot. I also think the captcha system is severely broken.

It actually does, Min have 2 logi, 3 webbers, 3 painters and 2 pure dps ships. Webs and paints are both good and long range (-62.5% webs at ~40km on the muninn i believe), only the interceptor scrambles IIRC. When combined with their missiles and turrets they actually apply exceptionally well to whatever trig ship they shoot.

I have no problems with minmatar ships in this event, they are very well balanced. Amarr, Gallente and Caldari were all atrocious though.

2 Likes

I’m very interested about what will happen if you have no standing against the edencom.
For Trigs they will shoot you anyway
Will Edencom do the same thing?

1 Like

the muninn

lmao

1 Like

Oh boi, here we go again, another post for another update:

Capsuleers as they should be: versatile, adaptable, strong-willed superhumans that will find success in variety and changing their tactics to ADAPT TO THE EVER CHANGING UNIVERSE OF NEW EDEN.

Capsuleers on the forums: Insert cry here "Please CCP why do you burst my bubble ? let me stay safe in my own world and don’t let any changes impact my gameplay, god forbid make me think, restructure and change my tactics. "

So please stop. Stop crying. It’s like you’re planning a barbecue, you know, grilling some capital ships, and so on. And It starts to rain outside. In your scenario, you start yelling at the clouds: Oh,CCP, why is it raining ?
Are you F-ing serious ? Go start the barbecue on another day when it’s not.

To quote one amazing FC of this game:
"These WEENIES, man ! "

If you’re neutral in standing (0.00) trigs will shoot you, edencom will not. Edencom has considerably more systems though, so you might want to account for that.

I believe they were not shooting at you before because they were not designed to do so.
Now they changed with this line:
“EDENCOM NPCs will now be hostile to players which have any negative standing with them”
Is this patch already live on the server?
Hopefully it is still the case that they don’t shoot neutral standings but we will see.

I soloed one of the edencom sites a couple days after they started the event, peak incoming was ~675dps which my Praxis was well capable of tanking.

0 is not a negative number.

Nor is it positive. It’s 0.

Yeah I know that.
I just don’t trust CCP programming and designing and worry about neutral standing will also get hit by Edencom : )