Version 18.08 - Known Issues

Checked the Agency and decided to do the Tutorial with an Alt character, selected ‘Activate’ while in station, got message saying some aspects of UI will be hidden and then revealed as the Tutorial progresses. OK, guess that makes sense.

So I undocked from station and the HUD, Overview and Selected Items windows were missing. Aura message instruction states select mission parameters and activate warp to location. So I right click in space to show the mission task and selected warp to… still no HUD, Overview and Selected Items windows.

Land on grid and Aura instructs to rotate camera view, completed that and then get instruction to select NPC in Overview, select Orbit in Selected Items and activate weapons. Still missing the HUD, Overview and Selected Items windows on my screen.

So I right click on NPC and select Orbit, Target and Fire options, destroyed NPC and then get instruction to approach and loot wreck from Aura, once again with arrows pointing to where my Overview would normally be located.

Decided to clear all cache files in Esc menu and restart the game. Logged back in and HUD, Overview and Selected Items windows are back but all chat windows and all information in top left corner of screen for Celestial location, route, task objectives, etc is now missing.

Docked in station and logged out, performed ‘Verify all downloaded files’ in Launcher, still same issue, all chat channels and info in top left corner of screen still missing. I made the mistake of ‘Clear all settings’ in Esc menu thinking that would fix the problem, which it didn’t so now I have to redo the in-game settings for all 3 characters on that account.

After relogging back in the issue was still there, the Tutorial however was still active with Aura instructing me to undock and proceed with the second mission. I then found the little ‘Opt Out’ icon in the top right corner of the on-screen Aura mission task and activated it. Don’t know why you guys insist on making those icons so small, we don’t wear magnifying glasses.

Anyway, right after I quit the Tutorial, all my chat channels and the information in top left corner of screen for Celestial location, route, task objectives, etc all reappeared again. No wonder you guys have problems retaining new players…

I gotta say the skill level and quality of programming from CCP has dropped considerably over the years, going from mediocre to just being plain atrocious. Everything in this game is now plagued by bugs, players have constantly notified you of issues and yet all you do is ignore it.

FIX THE DAMN BUGS ALREADY

4 Likes