Version 18.08 - Known Issues

Greetings,

Please use this thread for discussing and reporting known issues from this monthly release.

Quick Info:

Other Information Threads:

Known issues:

Technical:

• Thirdparty pinyin input methods do not display as expected
  • Wine: Game client freezes and the window become unresponsive.

User Interface:

• Information windows for DUST characters will fail to display
2 Likes

Known Issue: The Devs think EVE is a theme park with rides.

11 Likes

DEFECT FIXES

Gameplay:

• Fixed a persistent issue where in rare instances it was possible for a player to enjoy the game by engaging in open-ended decision-making processes, this affected only a small fraction of the current player base, and had very low reproduction rates
7 Likes

Weren’t you just complaining about consequences?

1 Like

Can you please post patch notes on a forum thread, it can be locked so only devs can post or something, but keeping up with the patch notes on the blog every week or whenever a point relase is made is impossible otherwise.

Then we can subscribe to the thread and get push notifications. You don’t have to post them all, but just post that there is a new release.

Respectfully,

Garth

4 Likes

Did the NPC Phoenix dreadnought end up getting the same resistance buff? Cause preliminary data on hoboleaks suggested that it didn’t.

I have an issue with armor resistance module tiericide as it didnt resolve naming confusion:

with new naming format we have:
“layered energized membranes” - +armor%
“resistance type energized membranes” - +resistance%
“resistance coating” - low CPU +res
“layered coating” - low CPU +armor%

it would have made more sense if they were grouped a little bit differently:
“resistance membrane” - +res%
“resistance energized membrane” - high CPU +res%
“layered coating” - +armor%
“energized layered coating” - high CPU +armor%

That way modules will have 3 memorable (and easily searchable) keywords - “membrane” is for resistance, “(layered) coating” for armor amount and “energized” for high CPU versions of both. No confusion whatsoever, IMO.

4 Likes

I have:
0.0 standing to triglavians
0.0 standing to edencom

Edencom does not shoot me, trigs do.

This is a bug ?

(I tested it on sisi, I will also test it on TQ after DT)

2 Likes

No. Edencom will ignore you if you are not hostile to them (0.0 - 10.0). Trigs will ignore you if you’re positive to them (0.01 - 10.0).

You cannot be neutral to both factions anymore.

2 Likes

Known issues:

Technical:

• Thirdparty pinyin input methods do not display as expected
  • Wine: Game client freezes and the window become unresponsive.

User Interface:

• Information windows for DUST characters will fail to display
1 Like

Won’t be difficult to change between the 2 sides.

Correction:
Game Directors/Executives think EVE is a theme park with rides.

Defect:
Some sounds are muted for inactive client even when the muting is disabled.

1 Like
Something haunts me...

Umm… Do we have Local chat for loginscreen now? Neat!

Annotation 2020-08-11 130934

Patch download is stuck. Cache verified, cache permissions verified, network diagnostics performed, network diagnostics download test was successful.

That happened to me in the past sometimes when logging off back to character screen.

It appears that remote-checking corp hangar containers, doesn’t display the container content. DIsplays an empty box. Was ok and did show the container content before patch. Corp interface. CEO/Director usage. Corp Assets tab.

Resolved the stuck patch by reinstalling the client.

I don’t know what you did. but the game now lags so much for me it’s unplayable. Every little move takes 10 seconds or more to complete. NES items aren’t even loading, and navigation within it also lags a lot.

2 Likes

NPCs are not consequences care bear :roll_eyes:

Did something change with System Information ? The window no longer seems to show Sovereignty for any system now - didn’t it used to ?
So how do we tell what system falls under whose sovereignty now without having to actually go there ?