Version 18.10 - General Feedback

I’m glad that it works for you despite your impairment, but it’s irrelevant - it affects others with similar impairments, such as myself, and the many others that have complained.

3 Likes

I encourage you to read this very well-articulated response on how the handling of this change was what caused the polarization, not the change itself.

I’m not suggesting that there’s no merit to the new font. I’m just pointing out that it’s causing problems for some people, and an issue of this kind (that is, a major accessibility issue) ought to be taken more seriously than it seems to be.

1 Like

They’ve also received reports from people who previously had pain and eye strain reading the old font that it is improved and in at least some of these threads posts those people have not tried making use of things like the font resizing feature.
Which customer is right, the one who had pain before or the one who has pain now? This is very much a damned either way situation for CCP in the players eyes.

Again, I’m not claiming there’s no merits to the new font, nor that it’s not an improvement for some. But it’s a serious problem for others, and that’s what the issue is.

I encourage you to read this response explaining why this doesn’t have to be the case.

That response I have read, and I honestly regard it as codswaffle.
CCP have already acknowledged player responses and said they are working on it.
People are still jumping on them, claiming they aren’t taking it seriously enough. This going on means nothing CCP can do will stop them being damned one way or another.

Possibly because they’re not. This is not a case of them changing a gameplay mechanic and having to deal with a split playerbase - that sort of response is unavoidable, and CCP taking time to consider feedback and weigh it with their vision of the update is understandable.

But this is a major accessibility issue that is actively harming customers. And it’s not as though it’s a content update we’re talking about - they can roll it back while addressing the issues, or give us a way to toggle between the old and new, without rescinding content from players, or changing gameplay in a more significant way than they already have (which is to say, compared to a content update, very little)

I was being completely serious about this. Accessibility is a incredibly important aspect to maintain with your products, and to receive feedback of this sort, and this volume, and not act on it immediately is blatantly unprofessional and borderline unethical.

That’s what I have the most problem with: not the change itself - though I feel it probably could have been tested better - but rather that CCP has now went 2 days without trying to fix it, or roll it back, or anything. All they’ve said is “We hear the feedback” - which just makes them waiting even worse.

3 Likes

At which point they harm those it has helped.
So no, roll back is still CCP are damned.

That is WAY more complex than you think, and basically doubles the QA workload.

See above, rolling it back costs them accessibility for some people.

Unless people are prepared to wait, which clearly they aren’t since everyone is an armchair Dev, CCP are damned no matter what.

Actually I’m a professional dev, as stated above.

No, supporting 2 fonts that are already designed for use in the client is not more complex than I think. And as I said here, supporting them would add minimal (not none) technical debt - a trade that is well worth it to maintain accessibility…

2 Likes

Not to mention the fact that that technical debt could be paid off if, in the interim, they actually fix the new font.

1 Like

FIT SHIP WINDOW - Cannot resize

Please allow us to resize the fit ship window. It no longer fits on my secondary monitor unless I retract one of the sidebars.

Otherwise great update. The text was a really nice touch - was just about to buy a pair of dedicated reading glasses!

baa… shallow null now has only one type of ore to mine—well that’s going to make an already rather dull activity even duller.

Didn’t really notice the font change too much, but taking a second look I realized I haven’t needed my reading glasses since the change-- thank you.

@CCP_Dopamine Seeing as rouge drone site spawns apparently aren’t affecting standings at all, what is the plan to give us routes to gain faction standings w/ the trigs/edencom?

It appears whatever change was done this morning is affecting all Rouge drone combat anoms outright and scannable sites.

1 Like

Go to trig space to get EDENCOM standings…
I.e. The trig supporters get to negate all negative consequences.

3 Likes

OK, I now can see what is the issue. The new font does not look the same on different devices…

On my normal PC setup with two 24" 1920x1200 monitors everything is perfect with the new font, its so much better than the old one I couldn’t understand why people complain about it.

Now I logged in using my tablet - it has the same 1920x1200 resolution, however, the font looks distorted and is almost not readble at all.

4 Likes

So i had to turn on “Advanced Audio Settings” so i could turn down that damn new sound you added (it is super annoying) :frowning:

and it get even more annoying since i have to turn down all Atmosphere sound And not just the damn horns (or whatever it is…

And why did you change the Font to one that makes it harder to read it ? old one back plz :crazy_face:

K

This.
And I already have serious problems with my eyesight from day to day, so this has made it more painful if not even directly harmful to my health to spend any lengthy amount of time in EVE which has been some of my most important ways of spending time off and recuperating.

Why are things that no one has complained about “fixed” in this manner?
Why are you annoying thousands of players without giving them any options?
I have already had to turn off Aura’s speech sound, had to live with the insane red dot, and now my eyesight is being tortured???
I have a 27’’ screen 1920x1080 and an MSI G72 so no, it doesn’t help “editing” some obscure graphics settings. All my other programs and fonts are already razor sharp, I dont need to be forced to tinker with anything by some CCP shenanigans.

Which drunk dev is insisting on never giving us opt-outs???

This is the FIRST time in half a decade I’ve seriously considered turning off subscription for 3 of my 4 accounts for a year just to give a “hint” about how I feel about this sort of treatment…

5 Likes

much the same issue / problem complex here.
Where is the CCP response / feedback ?

If the policy is still
“eff you all, we can do whatever we like, you can just stop playing if you dont like it”
yet again, could you at the very least please have the basic decency and common courteousness to just let us know that we are wasting our time and efforts in trying to influence you???

1 Like

When was that ever not their policy?

Uh. Always. Of course they take feedback into account. But there are almost as many positive comments on the font here as negative. And given most positive comments don’t come to the forums to post since they aren’t angry about whatever the thing is…
Exactly which voice should CCP listen to?

Literally not the point of either part of the reply and response, but ok.

Its CCP communicating to the players thats the problem.

I couldnt care less if they didnt read the feedback from the forums or they read every part.