Version 18.10 - Known Issues

I know, Im pointing out its not an issue, its intended

No, the lesson here is not to get invested in them at all.

That’s, luckily, not the whole of my experience in EVE in the past. I have been part of a lot of this stuff and nothing has come to this level of asshattery before (and yes, I remember Shiigeru, thanks). The leadup to the Sansha incursions was well done, for example.

Well as long as you enjoyed them thats the main thing.

Im of the opinion this is just the start of much more massive hattery coming soon.

To Whom It May Concern,

I understand that recent events have threatened the wider stargate network with catastrophe and that crisis rightfully received the attention it deserved. However, there appears to be an issue affecting the fluid router network as well. Whether it is related to the formation of the so-called “Pochven” region can only be left to speculation at this time, though I have my suspicions.

Nonetheless, I formally wish to bring your attention to the issue that the critical text-based communications relays upon which many capsuleers—and undoubtedly, baseliners—rely upon have become more difficult to use. The standard communications interface has a dark grey background and the text upon that background now appears as a slightly lighter shade of dark grey. It is as if the written word itself has become camouflaged.

Sample: Bad Text

The fatigue upon the eyes—even augmented ones—increases with the length and volume of messages, such that lengthy conversations become a chore and they only become more burdensome as the number of participants increases. This fatigue is further compounded with time spent perusing messages and affects Alliance, Corporation, and Fleet communications to name a few critical examples.

I hope that whomever is responsible for restoring the communications relays and fluid routers to full operational effectiveness are aware of this issue and that all resources that can be allocated to them in these trying times have been. If they are unaware, then please consider this open letter sufficient notification. I pray that the issue does not extend itself into the IGS as well.

Sincerely,
Lord Reginald Sakakibara,
Senior Fleet Commander, EDENCOM Defense Initiative

12 Likes

Moved a thread to this Known Issues thread.

Fly Safe o7

ISD Bahamut

o7

I would also like to report the audio issues. I have to turn off ALL audio or the game will randomly freeze.
Buddy logging off? Might or might not result in a few seconds-long freeze. Same goes for jumping through gates, docking/undocking and so on.
Sometimes while sitting in a site and shooting rats the game will freeze.

Any news on a fix for this? Anything I should try on my end?

Thanks in advance,
Rahalla

why would you possibly move an IC thread from the roleplay forum to here when it is clearly a roleplay thread that doesn’t belong here?

2 Likes

Only was online a few minutes, but the audio (and client) stuttering is very annoying.

Most here wont know or remember, but i think either the last closed beta release or first open beta one was called ‘Phoenix’ too … seemed less buggy … 18 years ago … goes nostalgic again trying not to think too hard about the timespan

Hi @Aradina_Varren,

Although I do agree with you to some degree, the poster has flagged an issue with the text within the game, therefore, it would be best suited in this thread so it can be captured.

Fly safe capuleer o/

ISD Bahamut

Thank you CCP for enabling to set CCs to not online structures again. Much appreciated.

agreed and bumping.

I’ve counted over half a dozen people responding negatively in the forums who already use glasses who have problems , as well as a dozen people with eyesight problems who have serious issues.

also: the largest font now is smaller than what,the medium / second largest one was before the changes
as well as noted by op - the right click sub menu indeed being stuck on smallest size - a size even smaller than the next to smallest size original font before the change - as far as I can approximate it.

In short - it is making it as painful as possible to click the correct item, not to mention seeing it, for people with mice related -arm/wrist problems, as well as most/many EVE players who are playing EVE for long stretches and also using mice at work, so this sure isnt helping neither the young nor the old

Do the younger guys at CCP even understand at all what awaits all too many of them arm and wrist wise in the future working with mice for a few decades more?

but I’m guessing “looking cool” takes priority over sanity - here as well…
so yeah, uncle. I give up.
These people are evidently not listening to real concerns at all.
At this point I doubt if they could discern a real issue from a non-issue even.

and for anyone still suggesting buying new hardware etc.
please. dont be ludicrous.
There’s no one playing EVE that doesn’t have a 1920x1080 screen anymore
I’d bet you’d be hard pressed to even find or buy new hardware or new laptops with lower dpi than that

But yeah sure I’m being a big a crybaby here - but this really was over the top unnecessary to force and foist upon us. And it really pissed me off royally for that very reason, as well as making my leisure time that bit worse and more constraining.

I never wanted to feel this negative towards any of the work ccp does, but sadly this decision has.

Removing choices and removing features, names and sounds we’ve grown to appreciate is one thing,- as if just annoying people with removing things that had no issues was really necessary for the game in the first place - but actually making it physically harder for older people and people with handicaps/challenges to access and use the game is beyond words.
for real.

Like I said, I never wanted to be a crybaby here like this, but this really made me go ballistic.

Guess I have to be as banal as this: “Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke”
for next time huh?
or rather: please, dear lord, let there be no more next times…

But sure - have my second vote for the “Unnecessary change of 2020 Award”

2 Likes

Anyone else having this? Is CCP kidding us? Do they really think we are here to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCEtl9CfbAU

Their development quality is getting worse and worse. Now you have to suffer through even more annoyances when you want to compensate for another annoyance. This is great.

1 Like

Not sure what you are trying to show us.

Maybe click the reddit link and play the video in that topic? It’s pretty obvious what’s going on there.

Would like to know why before I click the video. It may not be of no interest to me or it might - give me a clue before I invest my time.

1 Like

:rofl: You wasted your time with writing this question and then waiting for my response instead of clicking the link and watching a 15 second video. you sure you know what you are doing?

1 Like

Do something with the font size in the context menu !!! It should be bigger !!! Impossible to play !!! And if it is impossible to play, then there will be no opportunity to donate to you. If you don’t do it right, then I’ll have to stop playing. My eyesight is much more valuable than your game.

3 Likes

I have noticed since the patch that now and then L4 Distribution agents randomly after downtime give you 1 L4 mission, then decide for the rest of that day to give you L1 Missions. it seems to be random, but it forces me to go around and check all the agents to find one that hasn’t been screwed for the day. Today is the first time that they have all been screwed for the corp I am trying to get Rep with, in talking with others though it doesn’t seem to be limited to this corp, it seems to be a common thing.

Surely this wasn’t intended? it’s not in the patch notes that’s for sure.

You mean this font - where the font is only just readable but way too small and the line-height makes it really difficult to track across to select a nested option

Edit : They crammed in 7 line items into the space that used to hold 5

6 Likes

Yes it is