Version 18.12 - General Feedback

If I take my melted snowballs from 12 years ago into one of these frozen storm places, will they refreeze so they can be loaded into launchers and fired at stations?

if they keep the dron change they need to remove auto-targeting missiles it’s only logical

the old map is better suited for that because the map filter is not hidden behind some menu. And it’s overall better suited for virtually everything than the new map trainwreck.

ok i prefer the old map myself, only i dont see where the Trig/Edencom minor victory systems are able to be selected on that.

However i did look and found the metaliminal storms, thanx

Nice one CCP for allowing everyone to be able to take part in the xmas events…NOT! I have a few alts that i had hoped i would be able to see some action with but none of them can fly a T2 fitted Battleship so thanks very much for excluding them! way to go CCP!..

1 Like

CCP is not yet finish kicking players sandcastles. New Eden Federation [FREE] [We Help with your HS Wars and Needs] [FREE]

look through the comments on the first page its there easily to read

Just like how when the added Quatum Cores they also added Giant Space Bananas

Oh wait they didnt because theres no similarity.

Is there a way to turn off the bothersome return drone nag screen that interferes with gameplay. Sometimes seconds matter and any “features” like this shouldn’t even be considered.

YEs its in the options menu where you change your drones agressive stance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i see that scoots is back trolling. so lets be clear. the drone assist function is used by ACTIVE ratters. they have to target and generate aggro. this playstyle does allow a player to multibox with less effort. if the intent is to eliminate multibox ratting then mission acccomplished. not sure why CCP wants those accounts to drop but its already happening. For those that stay it makes no sense to go from screen to screen , retarget and reaggro for each and every frigate you kill. So please tell us if the removal of assist was intentional and why.

4 Likes

Hahaha, it’s so ridiculous how you can’t get it, when you write the answer yourself. :rofl:

That’s not the intent.

The only intent here is to address low/no attention gameplay.

If multiboxers are paying low/no attention to their extra clients, then their other character’s drones won’t do anything. Very simple.

Now, regarding drone assist in PvP scenarios, if it’s really not working, then that’s one thing to look into, as their OP said PvP drone behavior wouldn’t be affected by the changes.

As for PvE, CCP was probably aware some players would try to outsmart the change and use drone assist to continue AFK farming all the same in a more limited fashion.

I do agree though that getting an official answer, like “working as intended”, or “oops, bugged, should still work for both PvE and PvP”, would be nice, just so we can be clear on what to argue about.

How does the drone assist change eliminate multibox ratting? Are you saying you cannot complete the same task multiple times (lock and direct drones). That seems unlikely.

Or are you simply saying that you liked your gameplay the way it was and any changes will lead to you walking away.

CCP is in the process of making just about everything in EVE more painful. They seem to think it’s a good idea. Welcome to the party…station owners, miners, people who like resist mods, and many others bid you welcome : )

1 Like

For multiboxers who use two-windows setup it will be simple switch from two drone damage dealing ships to one gun/missile all-about-damage battleship plus logi, I believe Vindicator + Scimitar setups will be quite popular, for example.

again, using drone assist is NOT afk ratting. to answer others, the need to retarget and apply aggro across multiple screens every time you kill a frigate is just not worth the effort . it is work, not play. we have already seen players drop accounts over it. to those that say good riddance, remember, those were your gank targets. If CCP truly does want a tougher player base then they need to accept that it will be smaller as well. I love this game and will continue to play but i hate seeing so many friends leaving or letting accounts go alpha…

1 Like

Thank you for the killed mining R.I.P EVE 0/

but wait. they added guaranteed belts with small rocks that help you waste time with unfinished cycles and movement. (all they really needed to to as a carrot was make the rocks bigger in the existing belts)

increasing the volume of ore but making it harder to mine is just a cruel joke

Hi everyone,

I have updated the original forum topic regarding drone behavior changes with the following statement, and I’m cross-posting it here for visibility.

A lot of healthy conversation surrounding the recent drone change is happening and we have been monitoring and discussing your feedback internally.

Our goal is to make PvE activities with drones a more attentive player experience that relies less on low or no attention gameplay moving forward, but the unintended impact on how the drone assist functions in certain scenarios is something we are not happy with. For this reason, we will be changing the drone behavior back to how it was before Tuesday’s patch in an upcoming deployment. We should have news for you on timing tomorrow.

We gathered a lot of valuable data and feedback from you and the CSM in the last couple of weeks on this matter and would like to thank everyone who shared their thoughts with us.

Fly safe! o7

25 Likes

thanks , nice to see an actual response

2 Likes

It has to specifically be the new Event related sites if you check the details for the tasks