Version 18.12 - Known Issues

In addition to the Drone Assist problems people are reporting, it seems regular Agressive setting is also not working.
EBR-211823

5 Likes

My bug report was closed with reference to today patchnotes… even though it happened AFTER the patch? Wth?

Edit: apparently, it indeed says they won’t automatically agress NPCs. I assume this is meant to combat afk ratting? But CCP didn’t seem to think about how it would ■■■■ over people that aren’t afk…

3 Likes

Yeah CCP doing CCP things.

4 Likes

jsut had npcs miners 1 hour after down time come into my low-sec ore anomaly thx ccp

2 Likes

That is as intended. They’ve set drones to NOT automatically attack NPCs that attack a player when set to aggressive. They will (should) still automatically attack an attacking player, but not NPCs.

Because your report is that drones are behaving exactly as they now expect them to do. That’s not a bug, that’s a dislike.

I am sure they’re aware of the impact it has on non-AFK players, but weighed that against the benefits it will have in removing AFK behaviour and decided that the cost is worth the reward.

right and buffing bots at the same time

1 Like

Grab another toon (or get a friend) that’s NOT in fleet to attack one of them. They’ll fly away and send in a response fleet that will only target the aggressor or their fleet.

1 Like

its all gone after an hour

Bots will just adjust, yes, I get it.

I didn’t say I agreed with CCP’s change, just that it’s behaving as they expected it to.

1 Like

yeah i know just sayen :stuck_out_tongue:

if this not a bug, why do they left “assist” button at all ? remove it for no questions…

1 Like

if the Aggressive setting no longer works why still have it in the game? other then for pvp

3 Likes

Who says it isn’t a bug?

There are two separate things here:

Aggression - working as intended (whether we like it or not).
Assisting (which worked fine before even with drones set to passive) - broken, bug reported.

i think they broke drone_assist_politic_allow_trigger while adding lowsec bounty multiplyer… all they need is to write few codes…

R&D agents are broken. All of them lost the skills and showing “error: this agent doesn’t have any relevant research skills”.

1 Like

When inventing for a Salvage Drone II BPC, the resulting blueprint shows a mining drone icon in the Industry window.

3 Likes

so to expanded on some earlier comments about assisting of drones:

any action from player that can be counted as a secondary action( guns,paints,web) , does not count when trying to trigger assisted drones to shoot npcs.
However if you try this in pvp this does infact work.
what currently doesn’t look like it works as it should be is:
If you have two people person A and B
If person B has drones orbiting them on aggressive and person A comes to shoot this person inside drone control range, the drones from person B do nothing despite being on aggressive and under pvp situation.
after reading the patch notes again, given ccps history of badly worded patch notes this can be seen as intended and not a bug in my personal view, is it heavy handed approach maybe , that is not the argument here it is simply that this is intended,

3 Likes

Hmmm…

Yes. It seems, that the update are quite…crazy.
While i DO love new idea of salvage drones and new, bigger pop-up window, the PvE with drones are barely worth the hassle now. It looks like drones even ignoring NPCs which are attacking them. Few times drones even stopped engaging not finished target to orbit my ship, not responding to my commands to engage again…quite the site, being 60+ kilometres away.

Plus - Mobile Tractor Unit icon is broken.

It seems, the time of auto-targeting PvE missiles are coming, huh?

4 Likes

t2 salvage drone BPC have wrong logo!

8 Likes