Version 19.01 - General Feedback

Wait till you notice they have broken routes by (I think randomly) selecting the gate you just arrived from instead of the next one on your route.
Yer gonna love that.

1 Like

I noticed that. Itā€™s minor, not even an annoyance and traveling will now require a wee bit more attention. Big deal.

I have gotten to the point with jumping where thereā€™s a lot of stuff I donā€™t do anymore simply because I donā€™t want to spend all my time in Eve jumping. This just makes it worse and server no real purpose other than to make me focus on something I donā€™t want to be doing in the first place.

I donā€™t understand why certain people log in the game but donā€™t want to play it. :thinking:

ok, I feel we have just been misunderstanding each other :slightly_smiling_face: so Iā€™ll just state a few things that might clear up some of the misunderstanding

• If you only check the ā€œopen to allianceā€ checkbox
    ā†’ the fleet advert/link will be open to your alliance, no one else

• If you check the ā€œopen to allianceā€ checkbox and set the minimum required standings to +5,
    ā†’ the fleet will be open to your alliance members who you/your corp/your alliance has set to 5 or above (this also includes if the standings is to their corp/alliance). No one else should have access to the fleet through the advert/advert link.

• If you check the ā€œopen to allianceā€ checkbox and ā€˜Public Accessā€™ with +5 standing requirements
    ā†’ the fleet advert/link is open to your entire alliance, in addition to the pilot who you/your corp/your alliance has 5 or above standings towards

• Even if the fleet is only ā€œOpen to Allianceā€, other non-alliance characters can always be manually added to the fleet by those with the required fleet roles

• ā€œMy available fleetsā€ should list all the fleets you can join through an advert, whether itā€™s because itā€™s open to all public, public with standings requirements, corp or alliance.

• the standings drop down next to ā€œmy available fleetsā€ in the fleet finder is only for you to to filter the list and is based on your personal standings towards the fleet boss. It has nothing to do with how the fleet advert is set up (I know this is very misleading)

The FC or the other commanders can always drag those few members into your fleet, or right click on them to invite them.

Edit: Itā€™s worth mentioning that through the Fleetup you have greater control over the standing requirements. So if there are some that you trust more than others, the corp/alliance could for example set those to +5.1 rather then 5.0 and set the standing requirements in the fleet advert to 5.1.

Please let me know if I continue to misunderstand you or if you can spot where the misunderstanding lies :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just gotten completely worn down by PvCCP, I donā€™t mind fighting other players at all, I usually lose but its still intense.
Fighting CCP just sucks.
After the last year of them attacking the players both directly and indirectly Iā€™m just losing interest.
My problem is that I love Eve and the people in it, but I seriously donā€™t like or trust in any way the people making it. Thatā€™s not to say there arenā€™t some good people at CCP, Iā€™m sure there must be, but they donā€™t seem to be making any of the decisions.

6 Likes

LIES!!!

The Chosen know it as the Age of PREEeeeeee!

I think Iā€™m engaged in reee or post-reeee or somethingā€¦

Mouse lives matter!
Stop pointless extra clicking!

They got bought by a korean company that is trying very hard to remake eve into space farming simulator.
More grind, less reward.
Seems to be ok with chinese and koreans, but drives most everyone else away.
I think itā€™s a cultural thing.

2 Likes

This ā€œpatchā€ feels like, ccp was looking at the calendar, ā€œDang its already February and we have nothing at all! Hurry, make the Launcher blue and throw out a Trailerā€ā€¦

2 Likes

Pearl Abyss does not control the development of EVE Online, thatā€™s still left to CCP.

1 Like

I understand your point of view. I donā€™t mind if they try new things and new directions. EVE is an old game. Maybe theyā€™re trying to revamp it, update it to todayā€™s tastesā€¦ I understand players who have played it for a long time not liking the new direction but hey, if it doesnā€™t grow it whithers and die.

1 Like

How? When I try to edit a contact, it only allows me to select 5 different ā€˜standingsā€™ levels: 0, +/-5, +/-10.

1 Like

oops, sorry, a little brain fartā€¦ the corp can set such standings

1 Like

Gotcha. Is there a reason individual players donā€™t have access to that slider, btw?

[Edit: the reason I ask about this is, corps might find certain people more trustworthy, but individual FCs can simultaneously feel like that same person has been a problem, or they just donā€™t personally mesh well. And especially in smaller groups, that can cause some serious cascade effects in a fleet. So FCs might want to auto-exclude specific people without making them appear at ā€˜not blueā€™ in the brackets. Just seems like being able to set them to ā€˜4.9ā€™ or ā€˜9.8ā€™ might be a useful tool for FCs.]

And why have the choices/info about character backgrounds and ethnicities been removed? Is there something planned for those? Because it kinda feels like CCP is giving up on the roleplaying groups in EVE, and giving new players less information, fewer options, and fewer hooks to get into that part of the game.

1 Like

I agree with that, I loved the cultural stuff and wanted more, not less of it. Now apparently they have yanked it from the character creation tool as well, though I havenā€™t seen that yet.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t be fair to the triglavian characters - they just have three clades, with no ancestry.

In writing, perhaps.
In effect, the change is somewhat obvious.

Itā€™s a pvp game that centers around resource gathering, and naturally leads to a M.A.D. arms race.
In response to that, theyā€™re gutting resource gathering and isk farming.

The largest battle, and subsequent loss in the history of video games will likely never be repeated, as itā€™s much harder to produce your M.A.D. fleets.

1 Like

Tbh, I donā€™t really know. My guess would just to keep it simple. The corp/alliance standings probably started like that then had to be expanded because the groups had need to have it more granular.

And regarding the other question, I donā€™t really have an answer for that either. IĀ“m not working on it and donā€™t know all the details (also would not be my place to talk about it :slightly_smiling_face:)