Version 19.04 - General Feedback

Hello, the “Pin” button has been replaced with a “Lock window size and position” button. With this change, transparency is now toggled by right-clicking the window and selecting “Enable/Disable Light Background”. I hope this helps!

10 Likes

Use undocked scanner window and put in on the left side, then you can open and close the system map and still have access to signatures in a system in a window form. This is superior method.

1 Like

That does indeed help a bunch. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regarding the standings, it’s insane how you’ve got this so wrong.

Make it more accessable? Sure. Drop the standing requirements a little. But to completely remove them?

It’s now the most accessable space in the game, bar your death clone.

Undock from anywhere in new eden, use specific filiment, you are no more than 6 jumps from the exact system you want to go to - and that’s if you’re unlucky. You’ll probably end up with less than 6 jumps needed.

Pro edencom people being allowed to use trig gates also lol.

Tl;dr : CCP once again fundamentally fails to understand their game and push out **** tier changes without communicating or thinking it through. Dw tho, you get 3d aura which we all wanted.

16 Likes

Lets do Cloaky Camping. Lol

Hi,
So there’s a big bug with this update, somehow the probe scan window and D-scan window have moved to the right side of the solar system map when docked in it. I know this must be a bug because I’m sure you guys wouldn’t have done this on purpose with no way of moving them back to the left hand side. I mean that…well there would be just no words if you did this on purpose…I use all three of these windows 90% of my time in eve and I’ve gotten used to them the way they are. So used to it, that it feels like a different game now, one I’m not interested in playing. Please fix this bug quickly. I tried undocking the windows but its too messy to use well for me. There’s a saying somewhere…let me think, oh yeah if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That info should have been in bold at the top of the release notes. Now you have 10k+ unhappy users reeeing about the forced window transparency. But why oh why do you have a setting for transparency and then just go on and ignore it? You see I’ve turned of transparency for a reason, so why force me to go around and block it individually on each window? Sorry, but that is utter idiocy!

8 Likes

It’s easy to do (everything else meant effort), and lobbied heavily by the null bloc CSM for obvious reasons. Sure pick for CCP. I fear, this just destroyed a unique eco system.

6 Likes

Was lowering the required standing for border/internal gates by half or something too much of an outlandish idea compared to removing them completely? And why stop to border and internal gates? Why not remove home gate standings? How about putting a trig gate in Jita with instakill guns in the pochven side to make it even more accessible to new player? You could even make pochven 1.0 security status. Damn, I’m full of good CCP-themed ideas today. Good for me.
Big middle finger to those who wasted time to grind Trig standing. Great move.

7 Likes

Do you guys even watch/play the game between patches?

You just made Pochven into Lowsec without local…

As in, no one will live there, until there is something to gain/shoot, at which point some bloc will move their fat 250 man fleet in, do their thing and leave again…

8 Likes

I mean, it’s totally nuts. In total there are apparently ~7800 star systems people can visit. Been like this for years.

Finally something new comes along that requires a bit of a grind to access. People have something to work and progress towards, with a carrot at the end. Granted this was a bit long, so reduce it some. Cut the requirement in half and we’re probably in a good place.

But now it’s almost like every other system, and everyone who has done the work and grind have pretty much been spat on.

10 Likes

I think the main issue is CCP forget that not every piece of content needs to be accessible immediately to players, its ok to make people grind, but the instant gratification crowd can’t stand having to wait

This is the direction CCP has decided to take EVE and its going to cost them in the long run, sure they might increase profits from the increased casual crowd, but they lost peoples respect and are now becoming nothing more than a smaller version of EA

I miss CCP :frowning:

10 Likes

I too think they overdid the removing of standings for Pochven gates. But hey, CCP is on a rampage lately destroying everything so why not add Pochven to the list as well?

4 Likes

After this update, when in stations, it’s dark as in dark :frowning:
Did check my Brightness slider under settings :frowning:

1 Like

Well, you won’t let me edit my post. That is alarming in and of itself. You say you won’t allow edits of posts to allow for better discussion. I have to strongly disagree with you on this move in the forum. Just monitor chat, its not that hard. Not allowing edits to posts will just frustrate people like me who want to communicate with you about the details. So here are some details. Part of why its too messy is that I like having all the windows docked together. I use them to scan down sites in hs/wh mostly and like to keep it open even while working combat sites/hacking sites to watch for new sigs to pop up or to watch d-scan or both. Also I often am scanning while working combat sites/hacking. I’ve learned how to do this efficiently. Having all 3 windows undocked means I’d have to adjust/move each of them while working/ or when I’m finished with a site and want to focus on scanning again…vs just one move/adjustment with the docked map. Please, please please bring it back.

2 Likes

Dear CCP,

Can you please return the probe scanning window back to how it used to be ?

It completely obliterates the overview and everything else when it opens…

Why the heck did you have to change it anyhow ? It was damn near perfect the way it was…

Can you at least give us an option to put it back ?

Pretty please ?

11 Likes

Change to something I do on a daily basis with no need. Bad!!!

Green buttons are ewww too.

1 Like

Still no fix for the buggy pochven observatory flashpoints then.

4 Likes

No, it also shut out anyone trying to attack those players, making for incredibly one sided combat.

VERY VERY ANNOYING… Changes that make things worse. Local is transparent no matter what. Have to right-click on the window. Pain, Bad

Disable light whatever doesn’t work with tabbed chats. Didn’t anyone try this? Bad
Move buttons and upset muscle memory while scanning. Bad.

Colors are ewwww. Bad

Change things slowly. Remember that we have all played this game for a long time.
How or why does one plan in EVE for something long-term when CCP will change it before you reach your goal.

"> You need to wait 15 minutes between posts in this topic

15 Minute delay on posting. OMG are we a bunch of children where the teacher controls us. PATHETIC!!!

Comes across as changes to change not because they are needed.
Thumbs down again.

4 Likes