Version 19.08 - General Feedback

Most active and most engaged doesn’t mean he cares. Someone who says that the window is good and just needs some bugs fixed to be even better doesn’t care for reason. He only cares for what he wants. And what he wants is crap, like always.

Not that it matters much. CCP needs to be smacked hard over yet another farce. It is quite telling that CCP does not respond to all the criticism in any tangible way. What are the community developers Swift and Aurora doing, I wonder. All kinds of people have been telling CCP that this new menu is not remotely good enough, even new players who are who are supposed to benefit from this new menu. The real “swing and miss” here came from CCP.

It is unstackable because stacking could lead to the window size going below the intended minimum size. Or it could interfere with its functionality, as the disappearing Character Portrait in the Char Sheet demonstrates.

1 Like

As I have said many, many times before, I don’t let my personal feelings get in the way of doing my job. I was probably the most critical of the window in our meeting yesterday, and I’m going to continue being critical because that’s my job.

Just because I personally don’t mind it doesn’t mean I can’t recognize that a significant portion of the player base doesn’t like it and has more than “this is new” issues with it.

1 Like

Dang… you did in one sentence what I wrote a whole paragraph explaining.
Awesome and perfect comment that pretty much sums up 90% of the feedback comments to this latest change. I applaud you!

Well now I applaud that statement regardless.

Thats what I wanted to hear.

Wait a minute…

1 Like

Can you (and/or @Mike_Azariah ) please bring the “annoyance” that you can’t export a skill plan anywhere else than inside the game (I was able to drag a personal skill plan in my bio, so it is not just to be shared in chat, and I can imagine Mike adding them to his famous Notepad :slight_smile: )

For example, for youtubers to put into the description section the skills needed to properly fly the fitting they are showcasing (meaning, could be more than the bare minimum to use a ship and modules). For corps to provide the skill plans on their Discord and/or website, for any doctrine they use. Etc. Or just for ourself, if we want to clipbord and save in whatever tools we like (not limited to the bio…) and then share within our alts

Considering you can export to clipboard the skills needed from the Fitting window, CCP definitely knows how to explort skills…
Considering you can import from clipboard skills into the skill queue, CCP definitely knows how to import skills…
It seems deliberate that CCP didn’t implement a way to export skill plans to clipboard and to import them from the clipboard.

They probably just need to handle the extra name and description, to the list of skills. And they probably can handle it in a similar way as to what they do with fittings:
[Skill Plan Name, Description for the skill plan]
Skill 1
Skill 2

1 Like

Let’s hope it was enough and yields some reasonable results. If they really want to attract more people into EVE and make their stay more enjoyable, they should have some response .

1 Like

Rookie here… well, sort-of rookie… the trick I learned on hitting a Refuge is:
Begin the attack and take out as many as possible, save the location of one of the NPCs farthest from the “center” and warp back to a repair station, repair, warp to the saved location, rinse and repeat. In a destroyer, it take about three repair trips if you are in a ship w/o missiles… with missiles, that can be reduced to two repair runs :wink:

EXACTLY!
It irritates me not just that if I am hitting a Hideaway for a daily “Kill 5 NPCs” and before I can get a lock on one, some battlecruiser is taking out all the NPCs… then they leave w/o “abandoning” the wrecks. What these players with the battlecruisers don’t realize (or maybe do and don’t care) is for a rookie, that loot can be valuable - on a Hideaway I got my first Shadow Serpentis implant as a drop, along with modules that sell in the market for 2M ISK… that’s a lot of income for a rookie to be left as yellow by the guy or gal in the battlecruiser.
It’s not really the ISK or quality of loot that bugs me, it’s the “they destroy everything and jump to a new system w/o releasing the loot they aren’t bothering to take”… making rookies either turn to piracy or losing out on the kills or anything that might help them progress - and wait for another anomaly to pop up.
To me… it’s selfish to not abandon wrecks if they aren’t going to loot them. First they take away the kill and then don’t bother with any loot - I get it, nothing a Hideaway would drop is worth looting to them, but it is to the rookie.

1 Like

Sure, we can ask for that.

2 Likes

Notepad AND thinking of making a channel or two to link ship and skill list to decently fly. Mainly destroyers for start.

m

2 Likes

Yeah, good idea for your fits and recommendations (your Mod 14 I think you call it)

1 Like

Hmmm, which reminds me, I was surprised I didn’t see the notorius Magic 14 as a Community Plan. If not endorsed and included with the Certified ones.

Oh, and I still can’t digest the fact that the Armor Repairer module and System Repair skill is force into my Caldari (even the ones older than 1 months…). I can’t use the Certified skill plans unless those old rookie buy and train System Repair, a useless (and dirty) skill for a loyal Caldari :slight_smile:

It just don’t make sense.
They should have used a module and skill that is neutral to the empires (lore wise, and because Caldari ships with armor module you get a flag in the fitting window).

Or do what the previous tutorial was able to do : give a specific module (and skill book) relevent to the empire. The old tutorial it was turrets and ammo. I understand they wanted to use a modules that requires a skill book, to show how to use the Skills window during tutorial. Fair enough, I’m for this. Thus, this time the Gallente and Amarr could have had the armor repairer, I guess, and Caldari and Minmatar either shield booster (not sure if requires a skill book) or Light Missile ?

CCP will reimburse the purchases made through the skill training window.

The effort is appreciated. Thank you.

As a Drake addict, that sort of thing would aggravate me. I don’t leave anything behind except illegal items(which I abandon).

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine Not sure this came with the last patch, but Network Diagnostics is missing from the launcher tools. The instructions to use it are still on the support page. Will it return to the launcher or is there an alternative method, or just obsolete ?

1 Like

the patch notes link also disapeared from the launcher a few days ago, was bottom left. ccp have not mentioned why.

1 Like

Comment from a friend that has never played EVE and saw the new skill pane: “Who is trying to revive the Windows 8 metro layout?”

While I showed them some before and after pics, and described the update issues, they commented on something else that did not register until it was pointed out - having big red/gold squares to emphasize what was already represented by the 5 dots size & coloring is redundant at a toddler level

All in all, they preferred the old layout, called the new one a dysfunctional eyesore, and they (CCP) would be better served taking layout design tips from fisher price instead of trying to pull off a retro M$, AoL, or myspace theme.

9 Likes

I made a new character to try out the new tutorial, its an improvement for sure, though a few bits left me wondering why they were even in it.
The problem was when it shoved that thing, that terrible thing into my face for the skills I had no idea what I was looking at or what to do with it. And I know how skills work, how to deal with them and so on. What the hell is “air”? What’s it got to do with anything?
Then it was onto the same old career agents after shutting the skill thing (without figuring out what it wanted) and I said “screw this” logged out and that was that. If I were actually new that would have been it, I would have been done with Eve at that point.

1 Like

It uses ram, CPU and in a lot of cases apparently far to much GPU.
If you do get it working it sort of stands there looking bleak like someone is staring at it wondering why the hell it showed up where it wasn’t invited. That would be you.
I think its CCP’s attempt to see if we will settle for even less, Its Captains Quarters Ultra-Lite.

Edit: It just stands there and you cant interact with it at all.
Oh, and its got a lot of clipping, the hands spend a lot of time passing through the hips…

4 Likes

They removed that quite a while ago…
I don’t think they wanted people knowing why they were being disconnected or where it was happening anymore.