Version 19.08 - General Feedback

I have to agree with GeeBee. The skill sheet was fine for years and you did the same thing with this as you did with other things - gave it a flashy new UI while also making it functionally worse.

7 Likes

New skill sheet window is a step backward. UI elements are far too large and almost impossible to navigate in lower window resolutions.
Icons etc a far too clunky. The Eve UI should be refined!
Skill plans could be a click down rather than taking away space from the main UI element. Also completely obscures other windows and game meaning you canā€™t set skills easily whilst flying around etc.
Maybe add more width to the Skill Catalogue, remove so much vertical space between it and the Training Queue.

5 Likes

Showing my age here, Nortorn Ghost 9. Worse than 8.3 because they removed the useful disk imaging option, but thatā€™s okay because if you never used 8.3 before you do not know what you are missing? Does not make it ok. :frowning:

The system did change and now I look at my skill queues via the EVE Portal app. #opsuccess

It had been a week of near silence untilā€¦

Did it really just take an entire week for CCP to respond to concerns about the new skill UI by referring people to ā€˜known bugsā€™ and completely ignorning the critisims of the entire ā€˜featureā€™ that was released?

This is eve. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hate the new skill que. CCP @CCP_Swift you donā€™t change the Start button in windows cause thatā€™s what most of the user base is used to. Same way you donā€™t change Character sheet in EVE Online.

What is CCP trying here, most of your subscriptions are paid by the players who has been playing this game for years instead of developing the game for them you are chasing new players who are not in the game and molding it to a new player base that does not exist.

You want Gen Y players well you are not gonna get them. Eve Online need A lot of Time and Patience to learn and adapt. The young and new players who you are changing the game drastically for donā€™t have that they need instant satisfaction. This game only appeals to only a Neche group of players who want a parallel world to escape and live in away from their actual one. Check the average age of eve online players and you will understand.

Know your player base stop wreaking the game.

8 Likes

New UI definently not an improvment as one would expect from an updated feature. It lacks personality and is over burdensome from a user angle. EvE is not a phone game and like others have said the direction is poorly implemented.

2 Likes

showed the skillui to a few interested kids. now they are no more interested and laugh all day.

1 Like

i am about to go on a 2 week vacation. decided to update my skill training on multiple accounts. This is just painful. please allow us to select the old skill screen please.

3 Likes

Use the portal ap. Itā€™s easier and you donā€™t need to log in.

2 Likes

A structure will no longer be eligible as a courier contract destination if it is still onlining (ie has not yet completed the Quantum Core onlining timer)

How the hell could I have missed that amazing thing until now. Thank you for this long overdue exploit fix.

My game finally does not crash anymore when the new character portrait is shown. Had to go back to DirectX version 9 as a workaround, which feels like a few step backwardsā€¦ and took a week of trying different suggestions from CCP support.

Mentioning it here in case anyone else has the same weird problem. Hopefully it will save them some time and frustration.

The interactions/standings page is so slooooow with the character portrait - sigh - it is a great pain to look through it. So instead of using the new menu Iā€™m using notepad to manually keep track of some standings and dates when I did certain missionsā€¦ double sigh.

Iā€™m not bothering to stack the window to hide the portrait, because part of it is ā€œkindaā€ listed in the other thread as an official known bug - so it might get changed/fixed/somethingā€¦ so not going to rely on it as a permanent solution until I know for sure what they are doing.

Still only seeing 2 rows of skills in the great new skills window. Gets very irritating to try and browse through itā€¦ instead Iā€™m relying on my memory of what I have trained already, along with Notepad to plan ahead. Plan my skills out myself and making a list - then only visiting the menu when I absolutely have to, to implement my plansā€¦ more sighs.

I have noticed another bug caused by the scaling of the skills menu. In the old menu and the new menu, if a skill on the queue opens up weapons, modules, blueprints etc it draws an icon to show you what is unlockedā€¦but in the new messed up scaling the icons are partially or completely hidden depending on the length of the names!!! And does not tell you what is being unlocked. So you can see an icon and know you can do somethings more after the skills is finishedā€¦ but you donā€™t know what because it does not tell youā€¦ great workā€¦ sigh.

And the large skills icons in the Neocom causes another weird bug for small resolutions. If you have a few windows open the blank part of the neocom at the bottom gets filled quickly. When it runs out of space the shortcuts/icons to the active/open windows get stackedā€¦ which is fineā€¦ but if I minimize any of those windows, their icons become unresponsive. They icons remain there and show the windows are open, but they cannot be opened again! Icons act is if they are stuck or frozen. I have to close the whole stack of icons, and then I can re-open some windows. (And by stacked icons I mean the icons themselvesā€¦ not the actual windows)

2 Likes

Here is an example of the scaling bug I mentioned:

Skill Scaling Problem

At level 4 this skill opens up various manufacturing options for rigs.

In the good old menu you could hover the mouse and it would show you details.

In the bad horrible new menu, you can hover or right-click as much as you want on the ā€œachievementā€ icon - nothing happensā€¦ nothing is shown.

And as can be seen from the example the icon is partially hidden. For longer names it is even worse - the icons are not shown at all! Hidden by the time remaining. And this is on 1366 pixel width. On 1024 which is the minimum requirement for Eve it gets a lot worse.

4 Likes

Why canā€™t I see how much time a skill will take to train any more?

New skill UI seems to be a downgrade in every way.

5 Likes

Hopefully coming soon.
I see the time needed to train the next skill level on Singularity test server right now (saw it first yesterday),.

I also see the current trained skillā€™s SP per minute when I hover it in the list, like before

There is hope I guess.

Maybe they will also fix the AIR lady to give the Caldari and Minmatar new capsuleers a Shield booster and the Shield Operation skill book, instead of the Armor Repairer ( @CCP_Swift please, pass the words to the devs, for the love of lore and making sense of Caldari and Minmatar ships bonuses, thanks).

3 Likes

The New Skill UI is awful. It makes training skills, planning skill training, reviewing what skills I have trained worse. I hate it.

5 Likes

funny, thatā€™s something I never needed, the longer I play the less stuff I use in that thing

Actually I have it down to mail which I never check, the market, the fitting thingy and the mapā€¦ Then thereā€™s the crap at the top I cant get rid of two of which I wish Iā€™d never seen.

1 Like

If this is the third quadrant of 2021, wonā€™t we be missing a fourth quadrant this year ?

1 Like

Actually, this is the 7th quadrant of the year of our Lord CVD

1 Like

This:

Looks like the same subsidiary is developing UI for both games. They want to cut expenditures on this stuff. Iā€™m afraid that the next UI changes will come to Ship Fitting and Market UI :frowning:

6 Likes

Not really.
CCP never promised that the 4 Quadrants of each year would be of equal sizeā€¦