Version 19.08 - General Feedback

It could be that the character exceedes the 5M skill point alpha cap, but there aren’t any tooltips/alerts that inform you of it

1 Like

damn think like you have only 500.000 isk… you ■■■■■■ ! and you just click lol

Or “Hmm I wonder how much a Titan skillbook costs?” click “NO GOD NO WHY?!?!?”

6 Likes

Inability to see how long a skill takes to train unless it is added to the queue = FAIL
Inability to see how long a queued skill will take to complete= FAIL
Queue training time overlapping pause button on reduced window size= FAIL
Not integrating new skill sheet into character sheet= FAIL
Inability (STILL) to copy skills in the queue and import them to skill plan= FAIL

What a ■■■■■■■■■■■. You boneheads had player feedback and you ignored it. F You!*

21 Likes

thats a new lvl of scam :)))) what they call it? click bait?

5 Likes

Agreeing to 5 of the 6 lines above…

CCP, Please exile the person responsible of this mess…

• Why are the skills group listed alphabetically now?..
  • Why are the skills list in each group listed vertically now?..
  • Etc
    Please add player ability to select how he/she/it wants those lists sorted
5 Likes

A. They didnt read it
B. They don’t give ■■■■. than why do ask feedback ?

I am totally paralised with amount of FEEDBACK pop ups every second day on top right corner… how many posts open i cant track it even anymore which one was for which update or application
My sugestion:
use reddit … better

3 Likes

I make my comment short:

is new interface better in any way? no, then just revert back, please!

13 Likes

I’d like to add to this list:
No border on the skill window when you select to reduce it’s size = FAIL
Massively huge screen-greedy UI = FAIL
Breaks ability to drag items and names in chat = FAIL
Huge gap between skills and training queue = FAIL
Can’t see price of untrained skills and clicking them just buys them without asking = MASSIVE LOLOMGWTFBBQ FAIL (someone should be fired for this)

15 Likes

Asking others to test for them is not the same as testing themselves.

This should have gone through several stages of testing.

• The team writing it should have tested it themselves to make sure it actually achieved goals and didn’t have flaws visible within seconds of loading it.
  • Other teams within CCP should have tested it as well.
  • A dedicated QA team within CCP should have tested it.
  • THEN perhaps open alpha and beta testing with customers (who need an incentive to test). Different groups as well - experienced players vs newer players, etc.

And only once it went through those stages (and issues noted resolved should it have been released to customers on the live servers.

Looking at it now, I struggle to believe the team coding this actually looked at it once finished. It makes literally zero sense at all that these sort of errors would slip through if anyone who actually plays the game had taken a look at it.

This isn’t a “we really won’t know until it’s used in anger” change either - I get that some changes (changes to the economy, industry, etc) can only really have their impact known after they’re dropped on the live servers because you just need the real player-base and economy to adjust and see where it sends things. I’m not even talking about the changes to things like removing the 24-hour cap for alpha accounts here - just the basics that as soon as you open the interface are clearly visible to anyone with even partially functional eyes and a heartbeat.

6 Likes

Takes way too much space, you are feeling stucked whenever playing on minimized window. Not as clear and instinctive as the old one.

6 Likes

This “new” skill catalogue… everytime i open it, i get a deep but strong feeling building up inside me that i wanna hit in the face those who thought this will be cool…

I already hate it, all parts of it: the unnecessarily big icons, the changes in alphabetic listing, the queue “design” , that i cant see how skill injecting would effect my skill plan (only if i move my cursor to the bars), the wasted space.

Moveing it seperated from character sheet is acceptable, but the design is a big standback. Its not an improvement, its a source of frustraion. At least give us an option to get back our old skill window style! Please!

10 Likes

anakin_meme

God, what kind of subhuman did the design of new skill lists? answer me WHY kill something that works? what kind of crooked-armed oaf did the design? WHO could even think of allowing a person to scale the interface in this innovation, which was necessary (in fact, not).
are you kidding me? yes, a 2nd-year student will do better at times… both the scale and the interactive (imagine there is such a word) interface… return it as it was, fire the hell out of the person who released it in the release…

5 Likes

I think it would help a lot to have links to each of the (officially recognised at least) language-specific help channels in the MOTD of the Rookie Chat channel. I personally don’t see the issue with brief conversations explaining in languages other than English how to get language-specific help, but it would make the channel harder to manage/use (for English and non-English speakers) if it were a constant mix of multiple languages.

THAT was the number one request in the test server threads about this.

9 Likes

So I didn’t bother checking this out on Singularity, since you guys seem to ignore feedback there… but this new UI is pretty terrible. Why would you decouple the skill window from the character sheet, but simply add bunches of blank space and bigger icons to fill it up, while at the same time removing many of the useful items from it? The semi-kludgy skill catalog from 2011 looks even more dated blown up and spread out. Where is the ? icon you could hover over to find out what skills you’re missing? Yes, you can still get there, but you have to open the information window for that skill now. Much less intuitive and more tedious. My biggest gripe though… What The Hell Happened To The Training Times In The Catalog Window??? Talk about unnecessary clicks and popups, you shouldn’t have to add a skill to a queue to find out how long it will take to train!!

Two steps backward guys. Please either return some of the features that were available under the old skill window or add the ability to select the old version completely. I haven’t hated anything you’ve done this much since the BIG RED DOT days.

5 Likes

thank you… This is also exact reason WHY i do not write any serious feedback for AIR NPE

Reason is very simple:

A . THEY DON’T HAVE LISTED GOALS FOR THE TASK.
B . they don’t have any systematic about how to achieve to these goals
C. their working strategy is not coherent and consistent…

You cannot achieve anything without these for the beginning… I will not mention rest and
soo amateur that I can’t even see where is the handle… ? wherever you hold its falling apart. they really need someone to tidy and clean up this mess

1 Like

And not only that, but then force the 3D accelerated full height animation of our character to be there all the time with the character page open. At least we could hide the banner previously.

2 Likes

Why is low sec being penalized again?
By reducing the gas rate spawn you are effectively making this game less attractive for new players that are showing any interest to come spend time in low sec by mining. It is a relatively low SP requirement and challenging enough to force them to use several skills (scanning signatures unlike ice anomalies - alpha pilots cannot even train Ice Harvesting !)

It’s an ecosystem, if the miners leave the PvPers will have less targets. Who has more risk?
Let the miners soak up their gas without reduced rates so we don’t have to all live in one system for low sec pvp.

That’s a terrible change you’ve made.
I don’t even mine in this game but this is the first time I’ve ever responded to patch notes - ands it not even in my behalf it’s for the New Player - retention is fkn difficult as it is.