Version 19.08 - Known Issues

Why does the Gear icon in the skill plan Save a skill plan to the personal plans? A Gear icon is meant to open settings, not save something. For saving we have different icons that do not confuse people…

And just as I write this I notice that this blurry mess of an icon is a god damn star in some deranged spin position. Who comes up with this ridiculousness? :thinking:

Why is there no button in the plan list to delete and modify plans to directly access these options from the list. I can delete Jump Clones in the in the list without expanding them or opening other menus because they have a god damn button to delete them on the list row! Why do I have to right click the plan to delete it? Why is there no delete button inside the plan?

Ouch that’s bad, I bought a few injectors today but didn’t check if the time was right, I hope I haven’t lost training time…

I Regret to tell you but i think the launcher is broken for some players,
i have even dl the full install and the binaries, and installed eve to a different hard-drive and the launcher will not open.

ICE Belts are not respawning 6hrs after they are cleared.
ID EBR-223565

I am unable to launch the launcher. I had it closed until recently, then attempted to start the launcher. It downloaded a patch and then promptly (and silently) closed. I started loglite, and tried to launch it again. No error messages appear, it just ends with

CustomWebPage(0x17c46c48) acceptNavigationRequest, url: QUrl(“EVE Online Launcher”) , type: QWebEnginePage::NavigationTypeTyped , isMainFrame: true
CustomWebPage(0x17c46c48) loadStarted (clears Javascript loaded flag)

I can confirm that the new launcher doesn’t close when told to. Even if you right click on the system tray icon and select “Exit” it still runs in the background. The tray icon disappears but the process doesn’t close. This prevents the launcher from being reopened. Attempting to do so results on the CCP logo flashing on the screen for 2 seconds and then nothing happens after that. You have to end-task on the launcher process in task manager in order to open the launcher again. Why is this?

If you go into task manager an kill the launcher process it will allow you to reopen the launcher. For some reason they broke it so that it never actually closes which prevents it from opening again because it thinks it’s already running when it really isn’t.

this is nothing new. they introduced that month earlier.

Yes. If you have another stackable window open (for example, EveMail) you can drag the character sheet onto the other window to stack it again. If this isn’t working, ensure you’re clicking and dragging the character sheet header to the right of the character portrait (if it’s dragged using the character portrait header, the window won’t stack).

That makes literally no sense.

Not the instructions, but rather the behaviour. It’s just so inconsistent with everything else in the in-game UI. Why would you do this? Is the end-game that every single window in the game behaves slightly different to every other window in the game?

This clunky new UI with fat buttons and huge fonts was obviously made for tablets, aka EVE Echoes. If you haven’t noticed, this isn’t EVE Echoes.

The UI overlaps itself, and you can no longer see how many SP the next skill level takes.

4 Likes

And what is with the seafoam/institutional green buttons on the launcher?

You can no longer simply double click on a skill name to place it into the queue. You HAVE to click on that stupid blue button…

1 Like

Purely for the NPE:

• Aura’s spoken text happens a bit too quickly, if you click “next” on the window she already starts speaking before we see the new text and it feels a bit rushed, also happens in other sections

• after using the skill injector Aura instantly says “close all other windows” (again, too quickly, feels rushed) without showing how to close that window. The whole skill window is full screen and it’s going to be problematic for newbies to find the close window button, could use highlighting

• after that it talks about “try activating the armor repairer” while it SHOULD read “try ONLINING the armor repairer”

• when talking about the career agents it kinda implies that you have to make a choice, it would be better if it was presented as “here are some basic choices, go try them and see what fancies you”.

On the whole though the new NPE is a VAST improvement! Well done.

thank you very much for the patch, it is clear that a lot of work has been done.

1 Like

tenor (1)

9 Likes

We cannot deploy a mobile depot (or other deployable structures for the matter) on Career Agents Systems anymore? This is intended?

Edit: Wow… just read it was intentional… I can understand the ban of cargo containers, but why Mobile Depots or Tractor Units? :face_vomiting:

Because stupid people clogged the entire grid on starter stations with chinese propaganda, russian propaganda, german propaganda, japanese propaganda, english propaganda … that they call “Recruitment”.

5 Likes

Parts of the skill window in floating mode don’t catch the click and allow the next layer down in the UI to catch that click. Clicking in the pink circled area in the example below causes my fleet window to pop to the front.

(Edit: Raised as EBR-223611)

i find this categorization almost as offensive as this entire patch that should just be rolled back

1 Like