Version 20.02 - General Feedback

sure make them optional… but you cannot interact with anyone that is currently in one of the sites, or interact with them upon coming out for 15 min…

Blockquote

Yes it was. In a game where the economy is the single most important component of the game, massive and endless over supply of anything is only ever bad. And if you mean ‘back then’ as in before the abundance error when there were fewer minerals and ratting sites for isk that there are now, yes that would be correct, it was better then.

New event Guardian combat boosters are interesting, as did the “Air” boosters in the Convergence event, but their limited lifetime makes them not worth doing extra work to collect them; they don’t have a future.

I have no interest in mashing “click to claim” buttons: short-term boosters and “soulbound” character-only rewards aren’t worth the trouble. The rewards are in the sites themselves… which is wonderful; it gets players into space trying to find stuff.

But may as well delete the event challenge points track. Both this time and last, the ultimate reward is crates of these limited-life boosters. The ultimate reward should be something unique and tradeable.

Back in 2018 CCP Dragon had thoughts about a Leaderboard UI for Event points; this feature would help drive some interest, beyond loot collecting.

1 Like

Did Wormholes increase in capacity? Five straight holes have required more mass than before to roll them shut. Don’t see that in the patch notes, but that’s a big change if I’m not just unlucky on 5 straight wormholes.

what ever the market says i think…

dont know about TQ, but on SiSi the LP store shows 0 isk and 0 lp to get the new books early…you just have to fly to Ore NPC space to get them.

It’s an EVENT you’re supposed to find the sites… Why do think this ■■■■ should be some magical Easter egg hunt? You still have to find a system with a site in it and scan it down. Nothing changes for you.

During the Dr Who thing I had exactly the opposite reaction. “Good heavens! How many worm holes ARE there!”

Everything changes with a filter. Oh I want to find event sites? Lemme just filter literally everything else out so I only see the event site sigs so I can scan those down and just ignore the task of having to determine which one is an actual event site. Not to mention, makes it much easier for hunters to scan down specific sites and just sit cloaked watching those.

Whats with this OVERSIZE on the skills window, notification window and now the Neo com :-1:
These size increases are more than 300% too big please give us the option to reduce FONT SIZES as this game is not played using one box of info at a time we have many windows open and these changes take up too much real estate on the screen.

Good humour with the Jita hole :+1:

I also find these trinkets and gifts mostly a waste of time, restore items and parts of the actual game that have been taken away over the years.

The new width for the Neocom is incredibly annoying.

After the v20.02 patch I accidentally clicked on the border… and now it is wider. I can’t get it to go back to the narrow width I had before. It seems the minimum size had been increased for no logical reason.

It was happy with the way I had it set before. Everything was easily visible. But now I have less icons visible :frowning: To prevent icons stacking I had to hide some of them… which means some icons I regularly use are not visible anymore… but the silly NES and other un-hide-able icons take up space I could have used.

6 Likes

The logical reason is lackluster development. CCP did not implement proper scaling mechanics for the new skill training circle indicator. At minimum neocom width it’s still the same line thickness as with a higher neocom width. To not turn it into a dot, to prevent clipping issues with the queue paused icon, and to avoid having to put effort into implementing proper width scaling mechanics for the circle, they just limited the neocom minimum width as easy bandaid.

REDNES

4 Likes

they should read this every morning.

Today I accidentally touched my neocom and now it is way bigger on my one toon compared to the rest and my DAY IS RUINED!

This needless change was not required and letting me get back to what I am used to should not be impossible!

I know its just a little thing but its now like a little stone that grinds in my shoe day in and day out…make that damn circle scaleable!

3 Likes

Still not fixed the Neocom size… Fix it please it’s too big still…

Thank you thou for fixing blinky annoying warning… the progress circle is still ugly thou…

2 Likes

See I was exactly on the other side. I was looking for literally anything other than those sites but they were all that was around. So I quit scanning.

Do boosters like the “Wightstorm Nirvana” not get renamed to “Expired W…” anymore?

REDNES

2 Likes

Soo…I’ve accidentally extended neocom and was doomed with new obnoxious icon sizes.
To sort the mess and get rid of some stuff I can live without I’ve proceeded and reset neocom setting. And when you think things can’t get any worse, here am I staring at new fat sidebar without 3 icons at the bottom that everyone was complaining about!!!

5 Likes

Sometimes when I look quickly, the new round skill progress ‘bar’ looks like something is busy loading - a little bit like the resource loading indicator at the bottom - causes me me to look a 2nd time just to realize it is just my skill training… Not anything big, just somewhat annoying, and not as intuitive and obvious as the old skillbook.

(Does the person that designs these new ‘fancy’ things even play Eve regularly?)

3 Likes

I am pretty sure you can safely assume that person does not play at all.

Same as the person who designed the info panel - mission texts for career agent missions

…or the person who thinks thats all how it should be and does not call for correction of the mistakes made.

1 Like

to follow up on this, CCP Elise Randolph, i suggest you communicate to the dev team responsible for this new neocom look to do one of three things:

1. fix it so the client recognizes when it’s alpha character are all maxed out their training to 5m sp - and thus have a way to introduce either an automatic blink disable for that client, OR introduce a new icon for that situation

2. not being able to fix this, that dev team should simply disable ALL blinking for the exclamation. period

3. oh, i don’t know, allow us to manually deactivate blinking for that icon like the rest of the EFFING neocom buttons do, amirite? facepalm

okay, so. the wording of the exclamation/pause is dead wrong. it ‘should’ say:

1. ‘pause icon’ = “the skill queue(s) are unavailable”
  2. ‘exclamation icon’ = “there are no skill queues active on this client”

btw, i’m betting the system has no way to create a third icon that both detects there are more than one training queue eligible AND that there is an inactive queue along with an active queue?? it be nice if it was able to do that, and be cool if the way the dev coded it works like that currently…someone willing to test that ingame (who has an active MCT option?)

1 Like