Version 20.02 - General Feedback

Yep did 18 Data sites in lo sec today and not even one ORE Research Data Fragment :frowning:

Yeah, before you usually got not more than single digit number per can, this “rounds down” to 0 now after the nerf. The VIP hacking sites brought you 150-200 before, now ~15.

One could understand that the original value was too much (the VIP sites made me ~250M each), but why not being transparent about it. Not that you can hide the fact anyway.

2 Likes

@CCP_Swift @CCP_Paragon

Something seems to have gone wierd with Bounty Risk Modifiers.

In the system i am in, on monday night (48 hours ago) it was a BRM of 138%. it’s Military Index, was level 4~80%.
Right now, it is 50%, and it’s Military Index is level 4 54%, this means that in 48 hours, there hasn’t even been enough kills to maintain the Index, yet enough to knock the BRM from 138% to 50%?

there are 3 other systems around here with similar issues, Extremely large drops in BRM that have moved it below 100% dispite very low usage/Strategic indexes.

That seems strange.

Is it possible that (because I think BRM is bounty based and ADM is amount of rats based) someone killed few but high value targets that significantly dropped BRM without much effect on the millitary index?

For example they killed NPC dread or titan spawns in that system but not much else?

Maybe that could explain the big difference between BRM and ADM changes.

i’ve killed 3 dreads in a system in a 24 hour period (and all the havens that spawned them along with a heap of other havens) and havn’t seen it drop more then 6% from that. also worth noting that when i did those dread clears, i took it from level 5 103% to 199% not a negative ADM.

I assume the ADMs went up because you also killed all those havens in addition to those dreads, not just because of the dreads themselves?

Anyway, if 3 dreads drop the BRM by less than 6% this may not be the cause for the big difference in BRM and ADM changes.

same happend to the system i am in dropped from 148.6 to 88.9 military index only went up 3% i have no clue how this has happend

Am pretty sure the BRM system got “stuck” as systems have been sitting on the same BRM for weeks.
I suspect the issue was resolved, and the last 2-4(?) weeks worth of ratting/bounties all got processed in a single BRM cycle, destroying it in any active system.

There seem to have a handful of systems that increased as theirs were stuck on a low BRM so they were ignored by ratters.

This is a possibility, i am relatively active in this system that went from 138 down to 50, averaging a few hundred mil a day over the last few months. while each amount wouldn’t be enough to make it go down in a 24h period, if it added all that together over a month or so and it calculated in a single tick/day/whatever the check period is for DBS, it would surely tank the ■■■■ out of the system.

Didn’t see a thread about the recent fanfest announcement but

A new role bonus has been stitched onto all battleships which increases the effectiveness of armor plates by 50%, and bumps shield extenders by 100%.

I am particularly pleased with this proposition at first glance, but there is a risk some balancing problems could occur regarding the passive regeneration of shield hit points and the doubled effectiveness of shield regeneration modules.

Anyone not see a problem in this? Someone good a theorycrafting can give us some potential numbers?

Have to wait til tomorrow when the changes hit sisi

Today only boxes 180k in wormhole Great respect for the players ! Omg

For those that haven’t seen it, CCP Tron confirmed on Reddit that there was a big bug with BRM:

3 Likes

He hasn’t answered if the rate of BRM decline has increased. If we have anything to go on, it most certainly has.

The poverty patches have to end, the one guy said it best. “You can’t understand the huge disruption this has done to massive parts of nullsec”.

This means ‘there was a bug (keeping brm values at static levels). This is now fixed to the correct levels’. I’m sorry but this is unacceptable. Players are being punished for a mistake not of their making. The brm should return to the flawed level and it can drift from there.

1 Like

Yes the explanation factors that also. It’s the converse of the declined figures (that the brm was artificially low and should have been higher - likely due to inactivity).

I am still remembers that alloys in drone regs was… Now BRM changed and suddenly i lost 33% of my income or should spend 33% times more to get same isks. Now i will buy less ships and play less pvp. Be more accurate, try to loose less ships - maybe transfer to hisec - much less headec. brgd

thats just crazy for a sistem BRM to go down 60 90% in one day…

Drop from 146.4% to 78%, because of a 30% increase the military index! before DT
2 Gilas round about 10-15mio tick
after DT same System you know now 78%
2 Gilas 5-7mio Tick

CCP u think really i go more ratting now. ■■■■ no

Humans are hunters and gatherers, BUT soon you will not have anything left to gather, and if it does, it will take far too long. So soon the hunters will ■■■■ on your head because there is no longer anything worth hunting.

As a player, I actually have a life outside of EVE.

And you go with your patches to a limit that exceeds common sense.

My time I invest here is now drastically reduced, no more daily play, now and then explode and that’s it. Astero cheap earns itself back quickly.

obviously your motto

IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE. MY NAME IS CCP

No one has been punished. in fact, it being broken meant that a lot of isk was earned that shouldn’t have been.

Hell one of the systems I run in went up 15%, pretty great stuff.

1 Like