Version 20.03 - General Feedback

Wut. You realize the creators of EVE most likely were also influenced by that absurd show right? ROFL.

Yesm. When I first played people almost exclusively just used Cal for PvE and the rest for PvP LOL.

Depends what rats you’re fighting as well.

Also per @Shipwreck_Jones the buffs are a good thing. I also like they excluded the Praxis.

And although that devalues the Praxii? that I own now, I’m for it as they are versatile and so must have a trade off somewhere.

1 Like

Maybe CCP will hold a lottery to give away a set amount of BPOs and never actually seed them.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Yeah, you might want to take another look at your line of reasoning.

Let me put it this way. Your assumption that making shield tanked battleships harder targets will incentivize gankers to seek out softer targets is a reasonable one. Where it breaks down is in assuming that they’ll turn armor tanking battleships, which also received a buff. Active tanked ships did receive a smaller buff when it comes to ganking, but (1) they were still buffed, which still impacts gank difficulty and profitability, (2) there are certainly softer targets besides battleships for gankers to turn to, and (3) nerfs to ganking will impact how many people gank and how often. So, the idea that gankers will just pivot to armor tanked battleships has some issues with it.

And not for nothing, but your complaining about increased risk after you got a buff, and ganking just got another nerf really rubs me the wrong way -especially considering that you can always trade some isk efficiency for security by slapping a plate on there.

So, I don’t know. Maybe stop complaining about being buffed just because someone else got a bigger buff. You’re like a four year old that got a slightly smaller desert than their sibling.

ice belts not despawning/respawning in some systems, like in december.

1 Like

who knows

ROFL. You gotta be kidding right now my dude.

I mean the trolling is just :smiley:

I don’t care if the original ccp staffs got influenced by the poor UK tv show since it doesn’t matter to me.
I only care about the quality of end product ( EVE ) and felt dr who the hell is completely out of the place for it. Does it cause any problems for you lol

1 Like

That they did a crossover? Not the in the slightest. Its a smart move.

Lets be real bruv, you aren’t exactly RPing every single moment in EVE nor do you even consider the lore much.

EVE is no longer the grimdark universe it once was. And that is all the player’s fault, not CCP.

Torching all the Jove lore in favor of dumb and shallow drifter/sleeper/Triglavian lore seems attributable to CCP.

3 Likes

I’m more of the how EVE has slowly been carebearized and that’s just CCP reacting to the player’s tears.

I’m all for the lore as well. But lets not pretend its CCP’s fault that EVE is slowly not becoming EVE.

Perhaps you’re not as informed as you think you are, let me explain it really easy for the slower ones amongst us.

My initial point is that shield BS, which already are favoured for missions for various reasons, get even more of a lead.

Shield regen fit BS have to change nothing to receive the full buffs from this HP buff which means they tank MORE for zero cost, change or loss meaning they can fit even easier or swap out tanking modules for other uses making the disparity even bigger. Ships like a Rattlesnake go from already complete nonsense to total insanity.

Many shield boosted fit BS can now stop using boosters and instead fit for EHP/regen fits due to the increased usefulness of extenders where, with a bit of help, they get enough tank from the EHP/regen even though those ships might not be natural regen tankers. Ships like Golems and Vargurs are a good example, those ships can now switch to a high EHP fit (compared to shield boosted fits) and still have enough tank while not having wasted any extra slots for it. It’s free, easier to use and generally also cheaper in module cost, giving enough tanking capability and they get more HP to boot making them less of an easy target.

Armour tanked BS don’t fit plates because fitting plates for most PVE (missions in this case) make no sense: they don’t add regen and they use a lot of PG on ships which tend to be PG starved already. So to get any benefit from the HP buff an armour ship has to nerf its fit by wasting slot(s) and in some cases the fit stops working due to PG, like an Abaddon.

Conclusion: Shield ships either have to change nothing at all OR they can change their fit to another form of shield tanking that is easier to use, cheaper to use and tanks just fine AND take advantage of the HP buff meaning they become less of a gank target. Armour tanked ships, which already aren’t on par, drop behind further because their normal fits do not take advantage of the plate changes meaning that in order to BE on par on terms of HP they have to nerf their fits, if it even fits.

Result is that not only become shield ships easier to use (while they are already preferred to begin with), they also become less obvious gank targets compared to armour ships meaning that instead of going for Golems or Vargurs gankers go more for Pallies and Kronoseseses unless those armour ships fck up their fits (and make the initial disparity even larger).

Does that compute?

3 Likes

Armour fitted missions ships don’t get a buff from the HP buff, unless they nerf their fits. So in an already non-equal situation which in and of itself already isn’t good AND it results in becoming, percentage wise, more of a gank target.

Also, you’re not refuting any of the points so that already tells me that you either lack the understanding or the willingness to be honest. Go refute one point from that post.

@CCP_Paragon Not in the patch notes, so I guess this is a bug.
Skill Catalogue, if my filter is set to “Have prerequisite for”, the skills trained to level 5 don’t show up anymore. And it was showing for at least the full year I’m playing (even on the previous skill UI). The basis is, I still have the requirement for that skill. Just like a skill trained to level 5 still show when the filter is set to “All skills” or “My skills”. These filter are not assuming “can train”, but rather “I own it”. Once I have a skill, I’ll always have the prerequisite for it, so it should always show up on that filter.

A skill trained to level 5 should only be not visible if the filter is set to “Can train now”, because obviously I cannot train it further.

Okay, let me try again.

First, I understand your argument and dispute the idea that this will negatively impact risk for armor tanked battleships. Now, I can’t speak for every ganker out there, but:

• When it comes to profit driven ganking, the only thing that matters is whether you are profitable or not. If I come across you, you are profitable, and I think I can gank you, I will try to gank you. Doesn’t matter what anyone else is doing. I’m not making evaluations concerning anyone else’s tank or potential loot drop. I’m looking at you.
  • When it comes to ganking for personal reasons, it won’t matter what anyone else is doing. The only thing the matters is whether or not I have enough DPS to overcome your buffer.
  • When it comes to the opportunity cost of ganking, yes, it is true that making other ships harder targets will mean that gankers are more likely to pass on them, and keep looking for other targets. However, this indirect nerf to ganking will also have an effect on ganker activity levels, and be spread out across all potential prey, and not just armor tanked battleships. The end result will be a negligible increase to your risk.

Moreover, resist mods were buffed, which means you get an increase to EHP without having to change your fit.

Moreover, you still get a bonus to plate HP. Meaning that if you chose to fit a plate, you will greatly reduce your chances of being ganked.

I reject this framing. It’s not a matter of “nerfing” your fit -it’s a meaningful choice. You get to chose between prioritizing isk efficiency, or mitigating risk. Moreover, if you plan ahead, you can change your fit according to changing circumstances. For example, I’ve docked up and slapped an extra plate on my incursion ships when I’ve noticed ganker activity. And I’ll automatically slap a plate on my Ikitursas during the trick or treat live event. It is a choice between risk versus reward -and the fact that so many people blindly chose to prioritize isk efficiency over hardening themselves against ganks does not change this.

And no, I do not care that other ships got a bigger EHP buff without having to make any tradeoffs. As long as you fit one of the buffed resistance mods, you also got a buff without having to change your fit.

And, it rubs me the wrong way that you are complaining that someone else got a bigger buff than you while I just got handed a sizeable nerf.

But I guess I should be more sympathetic -this must be really hard for you.

Yes and shield EHP or Regen fitted ships like rattles and now also vargurs and golems not only have silly EHP but they also don’t perform any less compared to before.

Armour tanked fits either don’t fit plates and have a severe EHP disadvantage OR they have to drop low slots in order to gain EHP but lose capability while they already weren’t on par in overall performance.

An EHP fitted Golem that works well and easy for lvl 4 missions has 230k EHP against its lowest resist and enough regen to do its missions, with just T2 modules and a bunch if implants. Do you think that one gets ganked or the poor sod in his Kronos who couldn’t spare the slot or PG to fit a plate?

I don’t have a problem with ganking in general or at all, I DO have a problem with the idiocy of the Guristas ships and also how the shield ships in general just do better where with these changes the difference becomes even bigger. I love my laser ships but ho boy it’s a tough love.

You realize they are balancing for a variety of activities right?

Everything isn’t missions ROFL.

Its a solid buff all around. Even the resist buffs actually help things like abyssal too.

Get gud :smiley:

1 Like

So yes, buffer tanks do have the added benefit of being harder to gank, but active tanks can get a much higher repair rate. For example, I have a paladin with dual T2 reps and no implants that has 1.97k EHP/s before boosts. And with perfect boosts, that climbs to 2.86k EHP/s. So, yeah, buffer and passive tanks are the big winner with this change, but active tanks still have their advantages (and so does active armor in particular).

And take it for what it’s worth, but I do have experience on both sides of the blaster here -and I don’t think this is going to have an appreciable effect on the risk of active tanked battleships. I won’t be changing any my ships/fits over to passive/buffer shield tanks because of this, and I already preferred hunting active tanked fits. So, my target priority isn’t going to change with this -the only real differences are that my profitability and engagement profile has been shrunk.

I do but at the same time PVE balancing is also important, do you really think the Rattlesnake needed another buff and the Golem and Vargur needed buffs compared to the Kronos and Paladin?

It’s only a buff if a BS fits plates or extenders where, ideally, it doesn’t hamper the performance (too much).

You can very easily get a Rattle over 2k hp/s while also having idiot levels of EHP, without command bonuses but with implants (which kinda cancel each other out).

Armour is already, generally, sub par for most forms of PVE and these changes make that difference much bigger. Simple factual statement.