Version 21.02 - Known Issues

They can still be re-ordered.
The column sizing/order/columns actually selected has all been indeed reset and that;'s a valid complaint.

2 Likes

OOOH, I couldn’t find it. Can’t remember if I changed it there before and forgot, or if they changed how to… change it.

Anyway, thanks!

The annoying part is, we need to apply these to each and every column separately.

Edit: and the column sizing is not saved within the .yaml itself. so there’s no way to hack around that tedium (it’s in the ui settings files; the char_data_id whatever files, you set it once, then you can clone it to other chars. But the file itself is a binary).

2 Likes

So, CCP:

So, the selected columns shown in the overview tab, their respective sizing, and ordering - all has been reset to default.
You now select what columns are visible on a per-tab basis. That’s great.

But there’s absolutely no way to apply the same setting to all the tabs at once.

So if you have, say, 8 tabs, you need to mess with that 8 times.

Also, the .yaml file that hold the overview settings, does not hold the sizing of each column [that is somewhat sensible, coz reasons]; but that means there’s no way to easily transfer the overview layout to your other characters.

Coz ■■■■ you, do that ■■■■ 8 times, times however many characters you have. [yes, you can do the char_data in the appdata ui cloning]

I will now have to spend like an extra hour to set this crap, and probly each and every tab will be just-not-pixel-perfect. So there will be some overview “twitching” when I change the overview tabs.

Then I will need to go to the /appdata/ and start the tedious ui cloning process.
Coz I’ll be damned if I’m gonna do it manually 6 times.

1 Like

The salt, oh the glorious salt :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Starting from simple one. Show special brackets (like moons in space) settings are not saved after relog.

But there is more serious problem than brackets.
Photon UI is showing misleading informations and/or misrepresenting available commands (like warp or activate).
Look at screenshots below:

Both pictures show identical situation (landing on militia plex).
When coming out of warp in Photon UI you can see available commands in selected item window that should be grayed out.
This is also happening when you eject pod from destroyed ship and you try to save capsule by preselecting celestial to warp to.
Warp or activate are ignored by UI but showed as available.
Old UI had no problem with this and also radial menu works fine.

I lost capsule to this bug and standard answer from GM was “our logs show nothing” unironically this is correct because UI is not registering any commands at that shor period of time (finalizing warp or ejecting capsule).

I raised ticket over week ago and had no serious answer, only automated message to clear cache.
I tested this on Sisi and TQ before todays update and after.
And yes cache was cleared.

So if you lost ship or pod while using new UI and you damn sure you’ve click that warp button open petition to ccp for reimbursement. I know its wall of text but it’s not easy to explain and now even to compare as they force Photon UI to everyone.

EDIT: example on video Photon UI bug - YouTube
EDIT 2: after last patch all works as it should but in patch notes they only mentioned docking
“The Radial menu dock function no longer appears to be available while in warp.”

3 Likes

If you want the game player numbers continue to decline, keep this attitude.

3 Likes

You realize at some point, old software has to be changed. The new photon, while not perfect is a step in the direction of CCP wanting to be able to easily alter/change the UI. With the old UI I’m willing to bet it was a pain to alter anything. Having a brand new one will allow them to make changes as necessary in the future and theoretically be less resource intensive.

Complaining about the new UI and being negative isn’t going to convince CCP to change it back (Not that they ever will) but it also makes them less receptive to feedback in general when the loudest people are the ones bitching over stupid things (Not saying you specifically just in general).

Also as a note, I hated photon when it was first released. Refused to use it. After the last forced Opt-out I began to use it and become accustom to it. Just use it and set it to how you’d think you’d like it and go from there. You’ll get accustom to it eventually.

3 Likes

I’m not compaining about stuff being changed. I’m complaining about the bugs that came WITH THAT CHANGE. Or changes FOR THE WORSE. Or questionable design choices.
How hard of a concept is that to comprehend?

Ergo, if you think, this is an unwelcome, counterproductive feedback; my answer is as in the previous post.

Keep that attitude, enjoy dwindling playercount.

Also, freaking read the header:
Complaining about people complaining in a thread for complaining about stuff that’s broken.

Moronic.

8 Likes

Just something simple…
I’d like to be able to tell the difference, without having to get within 2 inches of the screen, between whether or not a number is selected…
Selected
Not selected
I’ve tried every theme, most settings (brightness doesn’t seem to stick BTW), none make any difference.
Play “how many chars are selected…”
Choose

8 Likes

I love the new ui, for years I’ve had to wear glasses to play most games - Now when playing eve all the buttons are , massive and I no longer need glasses to play eve, the colour scheme are so washed out I turn all colours off except for black and white with adds a bit of fortnight nostalgia to the mix, I’m really like it , it reminds me of my old commodore 64 that broke and would only play in black and white

2 Likes

I thought known issues was for CCP to fill in rather than us minions, can they not be bothered to even write up or acknowledge the issues themselves

2 Likes

It would be a single word entry.

Photon!

2 Likes

In the Fitting window, prior to today’s patch you could click on drone bay and hover over a drone to see some relevant attributes for it in a popup. As of today, that popup no longer displays when you hover over drones in the drone bay.

While we’re talking about it, I’d like to see more stats in that popup. (I’d list which ones are missing but I can’t remember which ones are actually in there.) It’s much quicker than opening the details for each drone after each fitting change.

Hi,

You removed the GRIDLINES IN MARKET CHART. This is unacceptable, rather thoughtless removal of an important feature. Please bring them back.

Another thing you removed from the market graph (previously): DECIMAL POINTS ON THE CHART. Look at the chart of tritanium and you’ll see that hovering over the avg price dot always shows a useless whole number, even though it should show hundredths place for such a cheap item. Ticking the “show cents” box in the wallet settings does NOT fix this issue.

PLEASE FIX! Thanks! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Removed the ‘Rapid Torpedo Launcher rate of fire bonus’ from the Komodo’s trait tab as it can no longer fit them.

Ok. But what about Damage bonus? I can forgive a player’s suggestion/feedback to be unclear, but the analyst writing the requirements for the devs, and the QA validating the change should have catch that.

1 Like

The wallet balance does not show in the market window when the market window is a stacked

3 Likes

Every marketeer should be spamming this one.

Please place the decimals back!

2 Likes

Yesterday I could run 6 clients on DX12 without a problem. Today, since the update, I couldn’t even run ONE client, even with everything down to potato mode. The only fix was going back to DX11.

There has to be some sort of implementation problem with Photon UI that’s chewing up processing power. Please have a look at it and fix it.

2 Likes

Did you change the default timing mechanism? It seems that wrecks are now disappearing after only about 20-30 mins rather than the 2 hours from before.

1 Like