Version 23.02 - Catalyst - Known Issues

It is possible to get destroyed while under the effects of an aggression timer leaving your character in a permanent state of aggression - unable to dock, use stargates, or log off safely.

Hey Fenris – fix the launcher please! It’s redownloading updates that already finished downloading just 5 min ago! I can’t play this game when | constantly have to download something, especially since I already downloaded it earlier! It’s the 3rd time it’s downloading the same update today (and no, I did not close the launcher in the middle of update).

I’ve seen this happen once before (i.e. launcher perpetually redownloading updates that it just finished downloading), and this needs to go away.

Playing on Macbook Pro 2017, MacOS 13.7.5.

1 Like

Many, MANY players are reporting that the AIR Career Program is not counting missions.
Obviously something is broken.

hamster-hamster-driving

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve an issue where since visiting Exordium my safety setting default is always set to Green when I log back in (even in lowsec etc). It used to default to my preferred Orange, but now every time I log in I have to remember to change it back as it is Green again.

I didn’t see this as a known issue, but has only started since visiting Exordium, and those related changes.

Thanks.

3 Likes

I noticed mine was green yesterday and reset it back to yellow…

And I haven’t even visited Exordium…

I haven’t logged in today yet.. Hopefully it hasn’t changed back to green…

You must have some special skills trained for an orange safety.

Is that like safety-fluid?

Safety Regulation 5

That’s an interesting bug—if it is a bug. If not, I can think of only one reason to reset a green default on login…

Maybe it’s because CCP/FC = Can’t Code Properly / Failed Coding

Anyway, I’ll soon find out if it’s still set at yellow…

It may just be that I’m old and Cataract V is training in the background. Cheers! :heart:

1 Like

Don’t have to visit Exordium for it to happen.

For some reason it resets to Green on every login.

Should not do that for Omega accounts, should remain at whatever was previously selected BUT this is another example of a lack of testing.

Changes to Alpha accounts for Exordium has impacted the entire player database

2 Likes

Yup, just logged in and the Safety Setting was again back to green status…

I’ve reset it back to yellow status, hopefully this issue is quickly resolved…

@CCP_Kestrel @CCP_Swift

We shouldn’t have to keep resetting the Ship Safety Status every time we log into the game…

1 Like

Since yesterday, the client has arbitrarily reassigned esc shortcut to ‘close modal windows and open config menu’ (whatever that is. Nothing happens when pressed). It’s also locked in there, making it impossible to reassign. Esc needs to be the settings shortcut. The game is unplayable when it’s not.

2 Likes

CCP’s CEO (now FC) admits EVE has 20 years of undocumented spaghetti code that no one understands. How did it get this way, and whose fault is it?

Welcome to wonderful world of software development. If product is a couple of decades old- this is a pretty much normal situation.

3 Likes

They probably don’t expect EVE to last. They certainly didn’t seem to build it this way. But it’s all g

Never mind this. I don’t know how the F this is possible, but computer restart fixed it. It literally perplexes me that this is something on my side. How can my Mac settings interfere with EVE Client settings in a way that it changes EVE shortcuts? Even locks them in? If anyone can explain this, I’d be intrigued to hear it. (This is why I hate computers. Complete absurd errors will happen with them that make no sense at all).

1 Like

EVE is doing blinding things again and again it’s the fault of dictor bubbles.

1 Like

Welcome to EVE Frontier…