Vexor hardpoints

The Vexor used as a ratting drone boat usually does not fit any guns and lets the drones kill everything, With the new model the hard-points retract and are covered when in warp making the ship look nice and smooth, Is it possible to change the code slightly so the hard-points when not fitted with anything stay covered rather than having the flat empty hard-points showing. Aesthetically this makes for a better view of the ship as it looks sleeker when the hard-points are retracted and covered.

6 Likes

This new design was definitely made against people with OCD…
I would add the following: allow us to decide which hard points the fitted guns use, and disable the animation where no guns or other visible modules are fitted.

Support. Vexor change was largely wasted on that feature.

I propose a different direction.

Make the Vexor and VNI gun boats instead of drone boats so that the animation is no longer wasted. Since the Gallente don’t have one, an artillery boat would be perfect. Or torpedos… would be like silo doors opening.

…

Sorry. Had some pent up trolling to get out.

More on topic, yes I agree it would be cool if it would automatically detect whether or not hardpoints are filled. Given that it is purely aesthetic however, I wouldn’t want to invest more than a day or so of dev time into it.

Yes please.

The hardpoint assign is really interesting by the way, the single slot on the middle and the bottom one of the 3 on the front can’t be filled. I think the easiest would be if they would disable the double slot and the back animation.

Or all variants could get 2 extra high slots maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.