Vexor and Ishtar redesign feedback

I could not find a feedback post on the new forums for the recent redesign of the Gallente cruisers Vexor or Ishtar. So I thought I would attempt to start one.

Overall I must say, a missive improvement, In my humble opinion, you successfully managed to keep the overall shape and feel of the previous hull, and make it look better. The removal of the duel HR Giger style vagina shaped engine housings was by far your greatest achievement. I now no longer feel like I am staring at the back of strange female mammal when my view is behind the ship.

However, I would like to highlight the gun platforms and the amount of turret points visibly available once the weapon platforms have deployed. I count six… Yet the ships, both variants, have four high slots. I’m not sure I can take this… It is hurting my mind. …please make it stop…

It also needs noting that the platforms themselves, though the animations are all well and good, are not particularly Gallentian in feel, They could do with more curve man, too boxy. They also may …cough…will… look better in silver.

Awesome job though.

:parrotdad:

3 Likes

I too have been dying to know, WHY SIX HARDPOINTS!

2 Likes

For future possibilities that may or may never come to pass.

The Vexor was my first real ship when I first started but I honestly didn’t really pay much attention to this redesign. I think I’ll try and go out of my way to fly it sometime this week. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can someone tag me to the new Gallente Vexors look?

Also who wouldn’t want to stare at the Vag of a woman when they look behind their ship
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry lol, all replies are appreciated o7.

:grimacing:

7 Likes

lolwut

I did not notice any even slightly womanly shapes on vexor. You can be sure that I know how they look.

1 Like

Most of these issues are with the observer, not what is being observed.

1 Like

I’ve read that dev-blog but to be honest i haven’t noticed anything really new in these ships.

For me it looks like they changed texture and that’s it.

I found it quite…wait for it…vexing. :reversecongaparrot:

1 Like

Looking at the new model (I like it btw)…it gives me the idea of why (CCPlease) can’t we pick where our turrets and missile launchers go on the ship when we fit it? It would be nice to move all the turrets to the front of the Vexor for instance, but you cannot do this mechanically.

The different high-slots place things in different places on the model - I know, I tried (on a Vexor Navy Issue, in case of discrepancy.) It is, however, an oddly haphazard arrangement, as to get the VNI’s two turrets together, I had to place them in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, if I recall correctly - a more consistent and intuitive layout would be good, I suppose, but it’s not something I lose sleep over :smiley:

You need to develop a little OCD my friend. I have to unfit my railguns every night before I log off. If I don’t I’ll be tossing and turning all night knowing something is just not right!