Visual Media, Memes, Propaganda and muh Culture War!

That is actually highly incorrect, Ms. Vess, and I would like to ask you to avoid similar statements, as they attract infamous GalNet “monsters” from capital letter “T”, who just hyperinflate them to absurd levels, due to their sheer inability to contribute to conversation in any meaningful manner. As we can see from the previous poster example, it already began. And claiming that I do something, where I clearly don’t do it? That’s “their” tactics, Ms. Vess. Don’t ever do it again, unless you want to become one of them.

Anyway, what I can’t agree with is that knowledge promotes freedom. Because it is actually quite opposite. I probably have already told you that I’ve graduated with honors the most prestigious academy in the State, so I do know something about the education, and I can speak from my own experience.

The professors there liked to tell, that they are going to “arrange everything to shelves” when they were speaking about the knowledge they were giving us. Because the real, useful knowledge is one that is arranged properly, systematized, grouped. And you don’t even have to remember everything, you just need to realize, where and how to extract the knowledge: how to use the search engines, what exactly to look and where. When we solve a problem, we use a system as well, we build logical connections, use laws and formulas.

I wasn’t the best of the students, mostly because of my discipline problems - and in the State it contributes a lot to the score. But in the field like math, physics, I was succeeding. And my secret was - that I actually understood these principles. I never remembered every law and formula, but when I was realizing that I don’t remember for example a math or physics formula, I simply derived it myself, knowing what this formula is for, what basis does it stand on and how it was obtained. Some professors liked it about me, others hated, but I think that they have taught me properly. Because I know how to use the knowledge, how to use logic and how to obtain missing knowledge if I will need it.

You see, the proper knowledge is the Order, not freedom.

And how would freedom in knowledge look? It would be fragmented knowledge, random unrelated facts, mixed with lies, that you wouldn’t even know how you got them, how to test them. The freedom of thought means your thoughts are uncontrollably disjointed. And it is a symptom of madness.

1 Like