[Visual] Setting "Primary" and "Secondary" color for corps, applicable to controlled structures

So there’s been a lot of talk and general desire for SKINs for structures lately, and CCP has mentioned many times that they want to figure out a good system to allow them to work, given that regular SKINs are applied to individual characters. In place of that, and as a first, easier way of doing things, how about this:

Allow corp Directors to set a “primary” and “secondary” color for their corporation, which can then be applied to any structure controlled by the corp.

All Upwell structure types share a common base texture map - citadels have one, ECs have one, etc., and changing the color pallette based on chosen colors would be exceedingly uncomplicated, from an art-asset perspective.

Having the primary color replace the base and the secondary replace the highlight, with the colors set corp-by-corp, would allow for a fun level of visual distinction between different corporations’ structures - and it would be completely unattached from characters, just as CCP wishes to eventually do with structure SKINs.

(Heck, if they wanted to, they could use the same palette-swap to allow for “corp colors” on any ship they wanted, as well - though this suggestion is primarily for structures.)

o7

2 Likes

Although I like the idea … I am afraid it would just lead to a lot of pink structures all over the place. :unamused:

Sounds a great reason to wardec someone and blow their stuff up.

It is possible to limit the color palette to only have “normal” colors.
The Rosada Dawn palette unlock for corporations will be available in the NES store for 1000 PLEX.

+1 for the idea though, it would be awesome if people could set the colors of the structures at least. Ships will be using SKINs forever, it probably makes too much profit to change it.

not if CCP limited the color pallet like they planned to do when they were going to release skins creation to players.

sadly i suspect we will never see something like this for the same reason CCP stopped talking about player made ship skins. SKINS they make just earn to much $$$

1 Like

Setting one of the corp colors as the BASE color seems like a great way to get some fairly ugly structures floating around, to be honest. I’d rather just have corp colors being used for different secondary color areas, though the corp’s primary color can be used for a larger number of them.

Personally, what I think would be good would be for CCP to release SKIN authoring tools to the playerbase and then allow alliances to create a universal SKIN for their alliance and register it with CCP much like how Alliance logos are done. Obviously, as per usual, this does leave corps high and dry, though.

you kidding they made a program for players to use for making skins. ensured it was restricted enough that you couldn’t do anything crazy and tested it with the first line of SKINs then we went gave them a bunch of money and they decided letting us make our own for free would not be the best business choice and never spoke of player skins again

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.