VNI PvE Fit

Why is a Myrmidon unable to do nullsec anomalies? Is it because of the drone control range?

Is not, what I said. Repeat reading.

the VNI is easier in nullsec anoms. 100mn fit are 700 ish DPs, good apply, good tank 30-min rock haven cleaners : you can go semi afk and just attack the yellowboxes/pointers . in a myrm you need to target the rats, which in the end takes a considerable amount of time.

1 Like

Okay, on to the fits?

vni

• 100mn enduring
  • 4× drone damage amplifier
  • 1× omnidirectional tracking unit, tracking speed script

Then whatever you want.
In mid try to fit a passive shield hardener, you can add drone computer, a point
rigs can go drone speed, polycarbon, capacitor
you can add power relay for more shield, ord damage control for buffer, in the low, or even nanofiber.
high slot you can add drone link (not necessary), neutralizers, auto targeting. no gun.

And I forgot : 5 heavy drones. kinetic for serp/gu/mordu, em for blood/sansha, explo for angels. factions are must, or T2 if you have the skills.
You can add 5 lights drones or 5 ec-600 I think to chase neuts .

1 Like

Can you be a little bit more specific? I’m not really sure what I want to put on it despite you options given.

you have a thing that is called “singularity test server”.
I think you should go to the test server, and test the VNI in a haven rock site.
If you don’t understand what are the modules I linked, (set your game language to english, )press alt F, simulate a VNI, and in the “hardware” section, put in the names I gave. The simulator is a wonderful tool.

In the end, you re the one making the choices. Wether or not they fit you, is up to you, not me - so I can’t help you knowing what you like - just try and you’ll know it by yourself.

I gave you what I think is the minimum. People would tell you that the omni is unnecesary, they are right but after tests I feel it is noticeably better, while more tank is not.
I gave you the options I feel are the most important.

1 Like

You read my fitting guide, then you know

Off- topic, but any ideas on a Myrmidon C1/C2 fit?

Yes, don’t fly a Myrmidon in any class wormhole unless you pvp in one.

I think the VNI is a great ship, lots of options with drones and tanking. Just be aware of what it’s capabilities are, relative to what you are doing. Things, like sleepers, that eat your drones are probably not the optimal prey. However, it really owns mission running lvl3’s, and a few 4’s. I like that it can also carry 5 salvagers and an MTU to clean up after itself. If you want to mount a probe launcher, DEDs are definitely on the menu.

My purpose was for it to run DEDs, but now I realise its more of a null ratting fit with crappy shield regen and a 100MN AB :stuck_out_tongue:

You realize badly : the VNI is a very good ship.

I did some DED in a VNI in null and it was ok, if the ded doesn’t have too many/strong webs.
You can fit it with a normal AB and still tank good.

Don’t use salvagers in a vni. get a dedicated ship (catalyst or noctis), bookmark the 1-4 mtus in the vni.

1 Like

As long as you stay away from the Sansha 5/10 and higher DED complexes. The first rooms of a Prison Camp should be fine but the last room with the station has too many webs for a Vexor Navy Issue to handle and if you are unlucky, your drones won’t make it back to the bay.

I think the VNI is a better choice because some of the boss structures in some of the dedsites have a buffed rep within a certain range, so it’s nice to be able to use a full flight of sentries and sit outside of 50km. Not sure what region you’re in. Also the Myrm can’t do 3/10s, and those are definitely worth doing when you find them.

I would focus on 3-5/10s 6/10s are going to take forever in a VNI or a Myrm. Use a battleship for 6/10s, get established somewhere, create a safety net of bookmarks and gain intel on the locals before spending, potentially 45 minutes in a site.

On a side note to the other dudes in here: you guys being dicks to each other is really a bad look. Maybe show each other some respect.

Kind regards.

Edit: Oh and definitely don’t take your VNI into a wormhole. You’d be better off with a t3d or something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.