Vote Jurius Doctor for CSM 16

So glad you’re running again for CSM Jurius! CCP needs your intellect and bloodhound-style desire for accuracy and correct data validation!

You’ll definitely be on my ballot in a high position for sure!

- MacCloud
Talking In Stations Chief of Programming

3 Likes

Thanks MacCloud. That means a lot to me.

2 Likes

As a former CSM, I believe Jurius Doctor has the knowledge, attitude, and skills to be a great CSM member.

I endorse his candidacy.

8 Likes

What you have done for the community already and what you have done for new players in particular is outstanding. The fact that you are willing to continue doing so as a CSM member is fantastic!

EVE University remains neutral in the CSM elections as in the past. Individual members are allowed to express their opinion though and I will gladly do that publicly. I wish you the best of luck in your campaign Jurius. You got my vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, @Dunk_Dinkle, and thank you also @Hippla_Tsero. Your confidence in me means a great deal, and I am very happy to have your support.

@Dunk_Dinkle have you considered running?

3 Likes

No, I won’t be running. :slight_smile:

Glad to see JD will be throwing his hat back into the ring. Looking forward to hanging with you on the circuits (and hopefully CSM 16).

1 Like

Thank you, Brisc. I’m encouraged to hear you say that, friend. :slight_smile:

I, too, look forward to hanging with you on the circuits. And yes, hopefully I’ll see you on some Zoom or Teams calls. lol. I might even look forward to seeing @Phantomite there. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

without even reading through you got my vote… pretty sure i voted for you in the past as well.

1 Like

Thank you, Geo. I’ll take as many as I can get. :laughing:

2 Likes

I have PAUSED my 3 omega accounts until CCP gets the message people play EVE Online for fun! I will bet my hat you will see MINERAL BUNDLES for 4.99 with in 90 days!!! You should not have to buy PLEX and subscription fee to fly fantasy spaceships. As a solo player I play EVE for fun. I have a work schedule that keeps me out of NULL or WH space. Plus I am not a total ass. BUT I have enough bosses at work! I will be damned if I am going to pay to be BOSSED around on my own time. Good luck guys. Thank you eve for a wonderful 11 years! But I really think they way over did it here.

2 Likes

2 Questions:

1.) Would you support them implementing any base line overview, over the default one right now? I play on the eve anywhere browser many times, and it’s truly abysmal, I tried to show a friend the game and they were asking constant questions about what’s this or that, there’s no way this isn’t the first issue that people encounter immediately.

2.) There is very little information about how Incursions, Povchen, Trig invasions, Edencom, both those respective standings farming, and even basic things like the anomalies, no information of how hard or what kind of ships to expect on warp, and what you should be searching for while doing this.

Do you support some version of an ingame lexicon being added, instead of having players have to ask in the help channel with potentially good or bad results? Even the rat damage types, and explaining where and what rare spawns/faction/officer can even be spawned at.

There’s a huge lack of info that a player cannot get from the get go, and as you’ve said before, wormholes aren’t even in the starting experience.

1 Like

Hi Isaac, thanks for your email.

I am very happy to answer your questions.

1. Would you support them implementing any base line overview, over the default one right now?

If I understand you correctly, I think you’re asking if I would be in favor of CCP overhauling the user interface (UI, what the game looks like) and user experience (UX, or how you use it) elements of EVE Online for a more modern experience. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Writ simply: I definitely think the starting overview needs a lot of love. I definitely think that love needs to come in the form of change, and a more graceful easing-in. There are some economizations that exist in EVE Echoes that CCP can bake into EVE Online: simpler menus, more condensed info, and more helpful tips.

1. There is very little information about…

Yes. I mean, in general, yes. EVE Online has seen the development of a lot of new content and the addition of new regions of space, new features, new gameplay, but it has come in many cases sans context for new players. This is nothing new. The game has been active 18 years and there’s still no mention of wormholes in the NPE, and they’re not a part of the missions ecosystem. So I don’t think we should be surprised at gaps.

I think that, more important than an in-game glossary (which might operate like the Civilopedia in the Civilization Games), it’s important to give players regular, intelligent, responsive instruction prompts which help them over routine hurdles new players experience. This could utilize elements of the NPE and the UI Pointer Tool to highlight the things they’re missing. I.e. If you fail to take a gate into Pochven because you’re missing standings, and you spend 5-10 minutes at a Pochven gate attempting to jump, maybe the game should prompt to say, “Aura says you can’t do that because you’re missing the right standings.”

There’s a bunch of ways to accomplish that particular task, and I’ll leave the brainstorming up to the devs, but it’s clear after 18 years of gameplay (and recent developments over the last 3 years in EVE) that they have the capacity and tools to accomplish it if they are willing to budget the time to just get it done.

1 Like

Here is my interview, I had a great time! A man to watch!

Every year I make my endorsements public over on Eveoganda. And each year I pick candidates based on their integrity, what I personally know about them as people, and how well I believe they will serve the widest spectrum of Eve players. This year it is even more critical, since I am also running for CSM and want to ensure we have a council dedicated to getting things done. And while my concerns are primarily centered around LS/FW, I’m confident that Jurius will make a great addition to the CSM. That’s why he will be on my ballot this year.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, Rixx.

1 Like

I want to thank everyone in advance for their support with the elections. Your help and support is invaluable and appreciated, as is your feedback and your engagement - whether you plan to vote for me or not. Thanks for continuing to make this game great.

1 Like

Sorry it’s so late, but I endorse Jurius Doctor for CSM 16!
(I’m the idiot from A Bad Show for Bad People).

Thank you to everyone who voted for me. I’ll be running again next year. Until then.

2 Likes