Vote on Niarja

Look at the zkills, which aren’t even necessarily all the kills. I count 24 transport types as of this posting who have got got within this current EVE day. Maybe there is something I’m missing, but people are still going into Niarja head first, eyes closed.

I mean “you” as in EDI. Not necessarily you as an individual.

God, for not making me omniscient???

What kind of question is that.

1 Like

Let’s have a look:

MFW the fall of Niarja to the Triglavian Collective was not even it’s bloodiest month of the year. August was the highest in terms of shipping destroyed though, so I think you might be on to something. If what you say is true, that is mildly entertaining.

That makes more sense to me.

EDI is comprised of people from all over the place. I “grew up” in faction warfare so I am not only willing to accept players in frigates, but I am also willing to sit down with people and help them with fitting a ship based on their skill training and their interests whenever I am not commanding a fleet. Other people take a far stricter approach and see cruisers as an entry level, but frankly I was out-healing some of the cruiser logi in Eygfe whilst flying a Burst because Min Frig V, which was very funny.

I think certain individuals are confusing what is “recommended” for what is “mandatory”. It is an all-volunteer force so per definition there is no such thing as “mandatory”. People can give advice, sure, but they can’t force anyone to do anything they don’t want to do, and if someone does try to pull that stunt, people can just drop fleet because that isn’t how it should be done.

If people want doctrine and discipline, there are many of pre-existing alliances who have sided with EDENCOM which they could apply for. Which is incidentally why we do not have an equivalent of Zeta Fleet. It is simply something that someone else is already doing better. When they form a joint fleet, many of our more experienced players fall in with theirs.

I’m not sure - there is definitely an element of salt, but the poll results (so far) suggest the overwhelming majority of respondents either approve or are indifferent.

For the record, I voted ‘don’t care’ - they can change it back, or not.
It won’t make much difference to me because I already treated Niarja with caution when hauling because of the gankage potential.
I haven’t been through since it fell, but I have successfully made ISK hauling on routes that take me through other trig systems - with the right ship and fitting, scouting and bookmarks it’s within the art of the possible.
I guess the people acting salty are those who don’t know how, and/or can’t be bothered to learn those things which, in my opinion, they already should have done if they wanted to ensure getting their cargo through the likes of Niarja, Uedama, et al.

If someone wants to blind-jump a hauler into Niarja, they deserve what they get - but that’s no more true now than it was when it was simply a hi-sec ganking hotspot.

:Edits: Actually I want to qualify my comment 'they can change it back, or not." - I do not mean unilaterally change it back - people put serious effort into achieving that.
A better reflection of my sentiment would be “They can provide a mechanism for players to have the opportunity to change it back, or not.”

1 Like

i voted dont care, I dont like the way it was done but its done just would be better for CCP to creatte more engaging content for all sides in the next big conflict.

heres a question for null sov types. If you went to war with an enemy and you beat them in a system but they got to keep it anyway, would you consider it a victory? Then 2 days later they go and beat you in a system and you lose it?

1 Like

if system gates close down…

ccp can always make new jump gates to go past what use to be niarja

1 Like

We…ell I can’t see that happening for two reasons.

1. There are already jump gates to go past [what you say ‘used to be’] Niarja - it happens that there are rather a lot of them, but an alternative route already exists.
  2. If you meant (as I suspect you did) a single set of jump gates, bypassing Niarja whilst maintaining the same length of the route…wouldn’t that be de facto the same thing as rolling-back the change in Niarja’s status?

I don’t think it’ll fly!

1 Like

Join Brave Newbies. We always have room for a frigate pilots.

I might be a tiny bit biased because I am mutual blue with Brave on an Alliance level, but they do strike me as nice folks. Did a suicide needlejack into null on my main once, ended up in Brave territory, couldn’t shoot anyone without creating a diplomatic incident, so I just sort of waited there in my Thrasher, convo’d their FC after the needlejack gang had gone pop, went “Hi. Where’s your closest hub”, gave my Thrasher to the first newbro that X’d up in chat, then self-destructed back to Kamela. It was adorable.

2 Likes

I am very biased. Brave Newbies is an awesome group to be with.

Is the salt still floding in this forum ?

1 Like

Their fault if they are shut-ins that care for and take note of nothing else than THEIR little bubble where they lemming from A to B day in day out like a robot, having all warning windows disabled.
The news have been all over the ■■■■■■■ place. ingame in local and in dozens of channels, on the website, on twitter, on reddit on every ■■■■■■■ where.

Niarja is where it hits those that really deserve it. Best ■■■■ ever to happen.

That would be the same thing, CCP doesn’t interfere with gameplay.

OMG Show me on the doll where the bad goon touched you!! :rofl:

1 Like

:astonished: No, the CSM does :rofl:

WTS Aluminium Foil Apparel.

20% discount on Dinsdale branded hats.

2 Likes

I still have to wonder why people would still go through Niarja when the route clearly shows the risk.

They literally play the game they literally make. What do you not understand?

Also CCP hacks.

1 Like

Literally?

Playing by the rules and reverting a massive change are two different things. You do “get” what a sandbox it right?

They make the rules if you didnt notice yet.

EVERYTHING players complain about, is it about rules, mechanisms, assets, or effects of it, is fault of CCP. They are managers and they make the rules. What you cant blaim CCP about, is how awful players behave given the circumstances. But, even that can be minimized with certain mechanism.

The fault primarily lies in CCP. And Hilmar specifically as CEO. Lets talk about responsibilities.

2 Likes