Vote on Niarja

so what you are trying to say is… edencom gets a retry but triglavian side does not?

We all dream our dreams.

Dont stop believin’!

Geez you’re thick… Please learn to read.

I DID NOT say that Triglavians don’t get a retry. What I’m saying is that EDENCOM ought to get a retry - and by extension this means that Pro-Trig. get a retry on every other system as well.

What I’m saying is that the status of any system as Pro-Trig or Pro-EDENCOM should be a changeable state subject to continual ebb and flow and actions of players in game. It should not be assigned a final state.

Too late guys, Niarja is now complety cut off from all new eden :smiley:

In order for a person to think about the consequences, the thing being considered must first be known. With the Triglavian content CCP has been cryptic to a fault when it’s come to not divulging or making apparent the invasion mechanics in play. Thus, Nijara was for many - the first indication of those mechanics in practice. To put it simply, to play the game you must first know the rules.

Futhermore, there are some of us, like myself, only just having returned to the game (as I do actually have a real life). It was neither a case of laziness nor of stupidity. I was simply never logged in at anytime and so therefore had no impact on Niarja. I didn’t loose, nor was I beaten.

That’s the whole point. Finality in a game content such as this is a bad thing, because, it can rob all subsequent actions of consequence. And, when applied recursively, is the beginning of a bad game design.

Now, during the course of the invasions I’ve been involved with EDI and was duing this time advanced to the level of junior FC. I’ve led many system defenses, having lost some, but I’ve won more than lost. So, I don’t consider myself lazy, nor could I be said to have been beat.

other solutions exist… could just create new star/jump gate around it.

Well, content is created for people who play the game and, ultimately, for the people who get involved in the content assuming it’s optional - such as this case. If you are not playing the game - for whatever valid reason it may be - then, honestly, it’s not unfair you had no effect on the changes.

CCP wanted to introduce a new faction and change the high sec map a little bit, and I believe that’s why they withheld information on what they had planned. But some of us saw it coming. Probably that’s the reason when a system reached 100% trig conversion, it would stay that way. Now that the event is complete there’s no reason to go back and change them back.
I was not expecting Njarja to be affected, though.

It’d be amazing if they introduced dynamic gate spawning in high sec, so that the routes near the trig systems change every day.

Well, oddly enough I do play the game. I just happen to play it at a time of my own choosing - and if the changes DO impact my gameplay to any serious extent, I do consider it unfair that I can have no impact on the changes. For when such a thing happens, it reduces my motivation to play said game. When my motivation to play said game reduces I unsubscribe my account.

Now, had it been made known to me at that time, what was going on with Niarja, and what that would mean, then it is possible that I might have been able to play a part. However, that was not the case.

So a lot of the trite comments and claims to Kybernaught victory seem misplaced to me. The Kyber victory in Niarja was one of guile, deceit, and underhandedness. It was not one of actual tactical merit, because, I wasn’t there - and neither were many other stakeholders. It was a failure in the dissemination of information… As far as I’m concerned the contest for Niarja has not yet taken place.

The Kyber victory in Niarja was one of guile, deceit, and underhandedness. It was not one of actual tactical merit, because, I wasn’t there - and neither were many other stakeholders. It was a failure in the dissemination of information… As far as I’m concerned the contest for Niarja has not yet taken place.

Again. If you don’t participate, you don’t get to influence the events. Simple as that. Im not criticising that you don’t play, I’ve taken hiatus spanning a couple of years at the longest, but when I come back I don’t go into denial about all that’s happened to the game when Im away.
The game does not stop because you are not there, it moves on, as you are not the only subscriber. The Niarja “contest” took place and the Trig side won. There’s nothing you can do now if you were not there. You are borderline delusional if you think there’s no merit to it just because you were not there to play.

I did not participate in the Edencom vs Trig war, Im not complaining about the changes. It is what it is, the contest has gone past and there was a legit outcome. You need to accept that and move on.

2 Likes

I think you need to better understand what people enjoy about this game and why they play. Of course variety is good, we like to see new and interesting content. But, there’s also parts of the game which we expect to be the same - and I think CCP is beginning to test those boundaries.

Which is to say that EvE is a little world we create where there is expected to be some consistency and congruency. It’s a place where we go to forget about our day. Yes, things do change in this little world - there’s always something new and exciting. Sometimes when we build out little ‘ant hill’ someone will come and knock it down. But, that’s okay.

Coming back to EvE Online after Invasions is like coming back to find your ‘ant hill’ knocked down and CCP’s gone and leveled the whole block, and then built a 4 lane expressway - and there’s nothing you can do about it. it actually kinda sucks.

See here’s the deal. If someone knocks down my Astrahus I can always build another. However, I can’t build another Niarja. Nor, after cultivating several trillion ISK in killmails from this ‘anthill’ that is Niarja, can I return to take it off you. Everything in this game, that is player-made should be destructible. It shouldn’t be final. So, when finality is bestowed upon the status of Niarja, this actually does represent a departure from the fundamental underpinning of this game.

So, I do seriously hope that the next chapters involve some evolution in the content where indeed these states become non-fixed.

1 Like

Ya I can’t believe all the ridiculous changes my hometown made after I moved away.

They didn’t even consult me on any of it while I was living in a different state and not paying taxes or voting in local elections or otherwise a stakeholder in that town in any conceivable way except through my own sentimentality.

And yet the winning side knew what was going to happen, identified Niarja’s strategic relevance, and organized a major effort to ensure victory. I get that your side failed, but why should CCP overturn your failure and give you more chances?

As for whining about “underhanded” wins, you do understand that you’re playing EVE, right? A game that is all about lying/cheating/stealing/etc to get what you want?

Why would it matter if they gave a 2nd chance anyway? Null would still be able to hold the sys, so it seems to me, the point is mote. If they couldn’t hold it the 1st time, they will never be able to take it back…

Because it sets the precedent that if you complain enough instead of adapting to the results CCP will give you another chance. Inevitably there would be more demands to reverse every “permanent” outcome, and what grounds would CCP have for refusing? Or what if your corp loses a station while too many of its members are offline? Should CCP respawn the station until there’s a “fair” fight for it and everyone with a stake in the outcome gets to participate? Why not, if the people who want Niarja flipped back get another chance?

Blackout. :rofl:

Not the same. Blackout was changed (and implemented) for design/balance reasons, not as the result of an in-game event decided by player actions. There could be a credible balance argument for flipping Niarja back (IMO there isn’t) but “my side lost, I demand a redo until I win” is not going to be that argument.

(I do disagree with CCP bowing to the nullsec botters and giving them their farming back, but it isn’t relevant here.)

I’m still iffy on that one. Except for Niarja, no one really tried to hold a sys. HS couldn’t agree on what to call TP collectively, never mind hold a sys. So it would have been interesting if HS did pull together to see weather CCP actually had a plan set in stone that X number of sys would flip.

A decision not to organize an effective defense is still a decision.

So it would have been interesting if HS did pull together to see weather CCP actually had a plan set in stone that X number of sys would flip.

Sure. I’d love to see the internal planning documents to satisfy my curiosity, but none of that should ever happen on the real server.

I voted “No”, however, I would not object to another gate passage being opened between the Amarr and Caldari empires. Obviously though, it should be far less convenient than the previous one, as 9 jumps between Jita and Amarr was too close.

1 Like

Before Merin jumps on your back like a demonic weasel, everybody had their chance to fight. Good luck beating the Null influence, but hey, they could have given it a try.