War Dec Roundtable - Saturday, January 5 at 1900 EVE

(Dom Arkaral) #81

What?
I’ve reported plenty of bots.
Idk what point your trying to put on the table, but it obviously fell short…

To appease the masses obviously

(Tora Bushido) #82

Looking how many changes we had the last few years against wars, pvp, ganking, suspects, etc. I would say, think again.

(Dracvlad) #83

You never answered this question:

And I asked this:

I was hoping that you might actually put forth some detail on those questions, but it appears I wasted my time asking you.

As a sub note I was in Tactical Supremacy when that botting eas exposed, most of us wanted to go and camp the hell out of the region but sadly they were blue to Legacy, we got slightly excited when they dropped blue standings on us and did a gate camp in our main constellation, the glee of the Aussies at that point was great. But sadly the diplos sorted that out.

There was no useful information from you , just a throw away line because you don’t know.

(Dom Arkaral) #84

I can say from each of your posts in here.
Still trying to derail and feel superior :sweat_smile:

But hey, if that’s what make your poor self happy :man_shrugging:

(Dracvlad) #85

During the round table the PIRAT guy said something I believe to be false which I pointed out. You told me I was wrong and you gave no details to say otherwise when the simple fact that the PIRAT CEO was botting and he was not doing that because he liked to bot, you do that sort of cheating for reasons. You also insulted the guy who exposed the PIRAT CEO’s botting, you have something against Reddit.

But this is where it gets important, so if you are telling me that PIRAT can fund their blanket war decs with their surrender fees, protection rackets and merc work then war dec fees do not need to go down, they need to go up.

My understanding is that they were botting with supers to be able to do the level of war decs that they did. Which indicated to me that war dec fees do need to go down.

And yet you think that this is derailing. Go figure…, you do not know and you offer nothing apart from one liners.

(Dom Arkaral) #86

that’s your opinion.
and your opinion on the matter is irrelevant as you’re neither PIRAT nor one of its client.

thank you come again

(Dracvlad) #87

It is my opinion and you are unable to change my mind by making comments like this

or this:

I have been war decked by PIRAT, where I did not surrender, where I did not pay protection ISK and where I did not fall for their scam ally attempts. I also spoke to a number of people who had the same type of war dec experience and they did not pay anything either, so my opinion is based on that. Yours is based on feelings, feelings, sounds like a song.

Facts, PIRAT CEO was botting with multiple Supers, that ISK was going to fund their wars.

One of the discussion point is the cost of wars, and I am in favour like many to reduce the cost of war decs, however if PIRAT is able to fund that level of wars with the current low population through surrender fees, protection rackets and of course clients then I think that the war fees will have to be increased.

However I believe that they needed the bots to pay for their wars. I would hope that CCP will take a good long look at PIRAT in terms of this so they can work out what is the correct level of war dec fees.

Simple really.

(Drago Shouna) #88

Wrong…

Anyone can play exactly as they like, and it’s not up to you or anyone else to tell them they’re playing the wrong game…

But I see it’s just the same answer over and over still.

(Drago Shouna) #89

It wasn’t specifically aimed at you, but as you said. More of a shotgun approach to the thread.

Nor were my comments aimed just at HS. I’ve been in Corps and Alliances in NS and the exact same thing applies.

It’s where that very old saying comes into play…You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. I can’t fault you for trying though even if it’s doomed to failure (apart from a few that might try).

(Drago Shouna) #90

I do get that, they can attack, I also get the fact that in HS Concord comes into play, so please stop with the mining is pvp references…

Everyone in this thread knows what is meant by pvp in a pure sense, and it’s not blowing up a Covetor in HS, as much as you’d like it to.

(Dom Arkaral) #91

repeating it won’t make it a fact, it will always remain your irrelevant opinion

thank you come again

agreed, but when the name of the game is pvp, what are they expecting?

(Drago Shouna) #92

Well it’s not just a pvp game is it?

In the new player handbook it promotes all aspects of the game and tells them they can be whatever they want to be, it says very little about PVP, although it does say it could land on you anytime.

Found the quote, if I remember correctly the first real mention of pvp is on page 15.

"In EVE you are free to choose your own destiny. You start out as a character from
one of the four major factions that rule the universe. Each faction starts
off with a very similar skill set and you can develop your character in any
direction you want. You are not restricted by predefined character classes
or professions. You can trade to make a living, conduct mining operations,
market your fighting skills as a mercenary, roam the spacelanes as a pirate,
conduct espionage and infiltration, focus on research and manufacturing,
or perform increasingly profitable missions for NPC (non-player controlled)
agents. What you choose to do day by day is up to you. You can play alone,
form a corporation (equivalent to a clan or guild) with a group of friends
or seek entrance to any of the large player-run corporations and alliances
which are already established. The EVE Universe and its more than 7,600
unique solar systems are yours to explore and conquer."

But this has been done to death so I’m out.

Have Fun.

(Daoden) #93

And when 1 guy multi boxes 30 accounts with an orca a freighter and a bunch of retrievers in an ice belt every 4 hours?

(Dracvlad) #94

Only CCP can work that out and I hope that they tried. You just don’t know period.

(Peter Yurgin) #95

Stupid. A lot of one man corps mirror war dec the same corps cuz they are all alts and get all the great bonuses while they gang up on the low rated corps.

(Drago Shouna) #96

What about it?

If he pays his subs he can do exactly what he wants, it’s still nothing to do with you or me.

(Daoden) #97

He’s hogging resources and taking them purely to pay for his 30 accounts. I highly doubt they pay a sub for those accounts and instead plex them. He’s mining ice purely so he can continue to mine ice with more and more accounts.

(Dom Arkaral) #98

CCP is still making money out of him.

He buys plex that someone bought and put on the market.

I don’t see where anyone should have a problem with that, other than “reeeee they took my ice belt

(Nfynity Prime) #99

It seems that a fairly simple solution to the war dec problem would be to just make each additional war declared exponentially more expensive. That would allow war decs for legitimate purposes and goals, but discourage the type of blanket, random war decs that discourage a large portion of players from even logging on, and in many cases just unsubscribing.

(Daoden) #100

My problem isn’t that he’s taking ice, it’s that I can’t war dec him.