War Journal: Triglavian Collective

There may be some truth to this. I don’t know. I’m too busy navel-gazing.

“…if ever in your future struggle for our people you should find your resolve faltering, tempted to drink from that bitter cup that is life’s sorrow, then remember this: Within your frailness of spirit, uncared for by the cold winds of fate, and wept for by none in the endless snows of despair still beats a heart. A Caldari heart. A heart that carries within it the hope, the dreams, the will, and the fierce determination of every citizen with the fury of every star in the State against the darkness of the long and lonely night. […]

[…] to ensure the safety of those we love as our duty.

If ever in your future struggle for our people should you think yourself alone, lost, or afraid, look to the ones you love and know that the sound of their Caldari heart beats the same as your own, and it beats as strongly now just as it has for a thousand years:

Doki!

Doki!”

I used to believe (my duty lay) in fighting “For the State”, my comrades, brothers and sisters, for the safety of those we love…

…but now I’m alone, lost…and I used to be afraid, but now I just feel empty, and the ones I loved…I’m not sure if their Caldari hearts have ever beaten the same and as strongly as my own.

I used to have a heart that carried within it the hope, the dreams, the will, and the fierce determination of every citizen with the fury of every star in the State against the darkness of the long and lonely night…

…But now my resolve has faltered, my spirit has become (or perhaps it always has been) frail, I’m uncared for by the cold winds of fate, and wept for by none in the endless snows of despair…

My Caldari heart was broken.

Perhaps…this was my test, and I have failed…but I’ve come to question everything I was taught.

2 Likes