War Journal: Triglavian Collective

Or not. I feel its really not about the numbers, but the location.

Well … we’ll know soon enough I guess.

TOTALITY LIMINALITY HAVE BEEN REACH

The Great Work is done. Totality Approaches.

1 Like
1 Like

So y’all are done eating suns now? Finally.
Maybe now we can sit down at the diplomatic tables and start talking like intelligent beings?

2 Likes

It’s been interesting to watch from the relative safety of Anoikis. Prior to Niarja, it was, “is this high sec connection usable, or should we not bother with logistics through that chain?” After that, it became a much more interesting decision, with, “Are we on Jita or Amarr side of Niarja?” Logistics became a whole lot more complicated, especially in class 4 and higher without the direct known space connections.

And now, we wait and see what happens next, and how our new logistics chains work out now that 27 systems have fallen.

1 Like

I’ve adopted a nomad caravan lifestyle as I’ve responded to the recent invasions, first from the back of a Tayra and now out of an Orca. More and more it seems as though a, pardon the pun, stationary lifestyle is less than optimal.

1 Like

Star’s still much as it was; gates are still functional. Locals indicated a world ark turned up and did a little tinkering of some kind a few hours ago, and the beam from the transmuter got more intense.

I’d love to be able to get in there to watch the transmuter directly, but I’d be shot down for sure.

1 Like

Well … I guess the Triglavians know they’ve got mostly what they came for.

Here’s another message from the Collective, this one apparently a fairly rosy status update.

Kuharah still looks pretty unchanged for now: gates active, star unchanged. I guess if that changes it might not be immediately. Really it was never very likely we’d see differences at once, if differences are coming, even if that would have seemed dramatically appropriate in some way.

What a thing to expect reality to conform to, right?

Anyway … holding here, monitoring conditions. More later.

1 Like

It is easy to have a cooler head now that it did not happen.

People went bat-crap-insane at the IGS thinking that there would be trillions of dead people from the sun manipulation within a few days.

“Let us see what happens” was met with a lot of hostility.

As I have said, the real damage will become apparent when the existing ecosystems collapse from a sudden lack of strong sunlight. The full extent of the damage will never truly be realized without an identical ecosystem allowed to flourish.
And because the plants and animals of these systems are now facing an extinction event, the livelihoods of their inhabitants are as well.
To summarize, you are treating entire worlds full of people like some experiment with labgrown bacteria. THAT is why I have been hostile to the point of taking up arms.

Furthermore, without a control group, you aren’t even doing the experiment right!

1 Like

It’ll be met with more. And I’m not at all sure the prediction was, “within a few days.”

Or “trillions,” actually.

The problem, Ms. Tsukiyo, is that there is literally no way at this point that what the Triglavians are doing is or has been “okay” by any of our societies’ standards. There’s no way this gets fixed, no way it becomes something we can just accept. Every single empire has lost systems-- not people, not cities, not bases, not planetary provinces, not even planets; systems.

They took what they wanted, and we couldn’t stop it-- mostly because so many of our own abandoned their homes and turned eagerly to new masters.

We could have stopped it. We should have stopped it. But we didn’t, because our class was given too much freedom to choose our own paths. When the time came to demonstrate we were worthy of that trust, we showed New Eden exactly who we are.

And if there’s a chance to repay that. . . .

Hostility? Heh.

2 Likes

To check at some point in the future.

Reality has changed.

Come on, do not belittle the effort people had on the defense of New Eden as we knew it and mostly, all the systems that have been defended and fortified. 27 out of how many total? Of how many that could have been conquered?

ENDECOM and Capsuleers did a lot to make things stay similiar to what they were.

A lot of stopping happened. That “freedom” is what helped to protect systems when the navies could not handle the situation alone.

People. We are (currently) people. We are pieces of the universe arranged currently in a meat suit, we do stuff, we get of of the meat suit.

Every nation have “good” and “bad”, so do we.

Capsuleers defended, capsuleers attacked.

Oh, always. Repayment fuels the economy, makes war go, make CEWPA exist, drives a lot of the dangling straw dogs to do stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re not actually very funny, Ms. Tsukiyo.

Or maybe I’m just not really in a mood to appreciate it for some reason.

1 Like

It was not a joke. A lot was saved, could have been very different, enemies talked and organized to protect civilians, there are a lot of interesting things going on that could also be part of your Journal and Chronicles, not only the spilled milk, but also what was left of it or even the earth it nurtured.

But it is your journal of course, you transmit what you want and what you percieve.

Let us see what happens next

1 Like

I see. Your reluctance or inability to experience empathy is a blight on your understanding, but, also, makes your understanding a blight. It is well to carry the world lightly, but you feel none of its sorrow-- a crippling limitation.

I see. . . .

1 Like

I was passing through a shattered hole today. I now wonder if something with them will change now, too, or maybe with the Drifter wormholes.

Change is coming, but what it is, well, only the gods know. May Bob keep you all safe.

2 Likes

Morning again. It’s easy to lose track of my cycle without time stationside.

Gates active, star unchanged. Looks like they didn’t do anything big while I slept.

Time for breakfast I guess. Nutrient drip. Yum.

I wonder what the Triglavians actually live like, day to day. I’ve read the theory-- “troikas,” tripartite persons. But is that everybody, or at least, everybody incarnate? Are there other voices, part of the “flow” but not given bodies to inhabit?

When ARC got a hold of a Drifter corpse it turned out to be mostly nanotech; not much “human being” left beyond the extremely superficial. The human corpse provided a sort of base shell for the rest, but there really wasn’t much biology there.

With what we’ve seen of Triglavian bioadaptives and how cagey CONCORD has been about what they’re physically like, I imagine them being nearly the opposite: vigorously biological, though so distorted by frequent bioadaptive use that a lot of what we think of as a human form might kind of get lost in the mix, especially over time. That kind of radical alteration would probably have other effects as well. I’m sure they don’t die of cancer, but I equally expect that it’s a constant issue. Depending on how rooted they are to particular forms, they might just have a troika switch bodies when a given one becomes too unstable.

If they’re stuck in just one, though. . . .

Maybe some time in the weeks ahead we’ll get to actually find out. (This isn’t the first time I’ve said that, though.)

2 Likes

World Ark active. Apparently they’re active in several of these systems; maybe all of them. Some of the equipment they’ve apparently deployed is a little alarming, like a sensor doing gravimetric readings and referencing them against a set of Abyssal coordinates?

It makes me wonder if I really am going to wake up in the Abyss tomorrow or the day after.

1 Like