Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I’m not. I’m telling you what you’ve told me. It’s been in posts like this one. Or this one. Here, or here, or even in how important it is to you to choose your words carefully.

Now, I’m sure you’ll tell me that I’ve misunderstood your words… but I don’t think I have. I think you’re subconsciously choosing to be inconsistent because you don’t like me doing to you what you just did to everyone else. And you shouldn’t like it. So don’t do it.

As for the Caldari outlook… I don’t think it does. I think it’s pretty foundational to the Caldari outlook. It’s expected that people will make the choice to serve. When they don’t make that choice, it’s offensive to a lot of Caldari—we’ve seen that again and again on this forum, and I don’t just mean from She Who Shall Not Be Named.

If the choice itself weren’t critical, it wouldn’t be offensive. It’d just be ‘well, you’re dumb, but whatever’. It may not get analyzed enough to consciously determine ‘this is why it angers me’ by those folks, but people don’t get offended by things they don’t consider important.