War Journal: Triglavian Collective

Oh, also, did anyone else get this?

[https://web.ccpgamescdn.com/fiction/eveonline/Triglavian/zve1000poch.webm]

Zorya Triglav is talking to me again. Message received 122.09.17. It doesn’t feel much like the message is meant for me, though.

3 Likes

I just wish they wouldn’t go so overboard with the distortion so we could actually understand what they’re discussing.

1 Like

Went out to people with Semiosis Consoles a few days ago, uploaded all around the GalNet by now.

And to think this was the most understandable message so far!

Thought that might be it. That’s what it was last time something like that turned up. Thank you, sir.

Okay, so, I got a few more shots of what’s going on around the star. Also around the system, but the star’s probably unsurprisingly where the activity is.

Stellar harvesting (or something) at Kuharah. Looks about as it usually does, but look at all that orange!

A closer look. Doesn’t it look like it’s kind of … burning? I say that fully realizing how absurd it is to talk about a star that way.

A Triglavian industrial somebody didn’t quite manage to breach the hull on provides a handy visual reference. It really does look like the stellar surface is smoldering. That’s almost certainly not what it’s actually doing, but something’s creating that pattern.

5 Likes

So … since waking up today I’ve been watching those shimmers a little more closely. I get the feeling I’m not seeing something on the surface, but something happening deeper inside the star. At least some of the “shimmer” I’m seeing might be interference in the outer layers.

My reasons for thinking this are several. For one, bright or dim, the areas of highest concentration remain the same. They don’t move around, even though they’re in or on an ongoing thermonuclear reaction. Also, try as I might, I can’t see any orange motes beyond a certain line near the stellar horizon. There are other possible explanations and I’m having a terrible time getting a shot of the star that captures the effect, but it seems like what’s flickering orange in the star is a smaller, internal sphere.

So, is that maybe just a buildup of the exotic plasma the Triglavians are projecting into the star? Various collected pockets of it in the star, roughly forming a sphere? Or … uh. I almost hesitate to suggest this, but-- is it something more structured? Like an internal lattice of some kind?

We nanofact solid structures in space all the time. It might not be surprising if the Triglavians could do something similar. But whether it’s matter or energy-- a coherent structure inside a star???

Of course, what seems like an impossible feat of engineering and physics to us seems for the Triglavians to be literally Tuesday, or, I guess, “now-time.” But still.

1 Like

I increasingly feel like I’m seeing submerged shapes in the star, made indistinct by depth and distortion like objects deep under water. It seems ridiculous, except that I can still see that transmuter beam’s contact point right through the star. I can’t see the rest of it-- none of the disruption zone or the plasma flowing back up the beam, or the beam itself. It’s just that one point shining through, so it doesn’t seem too far-fetched for lesser concentrations of the same or related substance/energy/phenomenon to be visible through a lesser volume of stellar material.

Come to think of it, to manipulate the stars as they have been they’d have to have some kind of influence going on on a larger scale than just delving into that one point. Some kind of internal energy lattice might do it, or at least part of it.

Are any other observers seeing anything like this?

1 Like

Very minor update: after some further observation, yeah, it looks like it’s just surface activity. Still an alarming shade of disintegrator orange, but at least it’s not behaving in a way that’s obviously bizarre?

Good luck.

1 Like

Well, the Triglavians have definitely been fortifying the system. They seem to have mostly lost interest in the planets, but both the gates out of Kuharah have four disintegrator werposts in position around them. (One of those is new; yesterday Futzchag only had three.)

And then there are the asteroid fields.

Belt III-1. The “extractive supernexus” is passive for now, but they’ve sure defended it. Four werposts here, too, and it looks like they took offense to a Thukker mining expedition that showed up.

One venture wreck, plus a couple slashers and scythes and a bellicose that came, I guess, to try to rescue it. No such luck. Poor souls.

Naturally, the Triglavians are studying the wreckage.

This must happen at least somewhat often. The local kybernauts have set up mobile tractor units to automatically loot the field when people show up and get killed. They’ve really invested in the system, actually. I’m seeing multiple Athanors, plus a Fortizar. (I’m told they were there before the Triglavians, though.) I guess probably a big share of their potential security issues the Triglavians just take care of for them; attacking those stations would be … complicated … for any alliance that isn’t itself dedicated to the Collective. Word is, they did this to establish a carrier base here. I wonder if they’ll be able to leave once the Collective does whatever it’s going to do.

I guess we’ll all find out soon enough.

1 Like

Belt V-1, similar scene.

Lancers this time. There’s a Jove observatory here. It doesn’t look like the Drifters sent a response fleet, though.

Considering the heavy Triglavian presence, that’s probably wise. Four werposts here, too. Oops! More lancers just warped in …

… yeah, that was short. Didn’t even have time to get any images.

It’s pretty clear, pilots. This is definitely Triglavian space now.

Edit:

Oh, wait! There was a response this time. Drifter cruisers. Triglavians took a couple losses-- Drifter reactive doomsdays sting-- but I don’t think they care.

1 Like

The Jove Observatory at Kuharah. Drifters traditionally take serious offense if you approach one. It looks like they’ve stripped this one virtually clean. Probably they’ve done the same everywhere; they’ve certainly had time.

Look at that! Peeled open and stripped out, nothing left but peel and pith. And it looks like they’re working on the pith. Still some lights on though.

Some lancers just arrived. No sign of Triglavian activity, though-- no wrecks, and the locals haven’t set up any automated looting. So I guess this is still Drifter territory. Maybe nobody else knows how to get anything out of this ruin.

I wonder if it’s recorded anything interesting since the system went liminal. Is it still functioning at all?

Either way, I don’t have a way to go looking right now.

3 Likes

Drifter shot their obseratory after a while

Did you know you can use an entosis link and get some nice information about jovian and drifter in general
?

My career (within my memory) has kind of paralleled the emergence of the Drifter threat, pilot. I’ve been around and active about as long as they have, and I’ve worked with ARC a lot of that time. So, yeah, I knew about the thing with entosis links; it’s what I was thinking of when I wondered what new data the observatory might have collected.

Probably it’s not functional, though.

I … don’t think the Drifters have been shooting at them really, though. The observatories decloaked about the time the Jove fell, and the Drifters showed up around that time. (Caroline’s Star is even a color I’ve come to think of as “Drifter green,” which isn’t proof of anything but definitely makes me suspicious.) They, or their Circadian Seeker / Autothysian Lancer minions, seem mostly to approach the places like treasured archeological or resource sites. They’ve dismantled them little by little over time. Sure, it looks messy, now, but at the start it wasn’t so dramatic.

Shoot, no, don’t think so. Deconstruct, though, oh, absolutely.

It would have been interesting to try to secure one of those sites fully, to see whether there was anything we could do with it ourselves, but … yeah. Between how resistant they are to our own hacking and salvaging methods (or exploding methods, for that matter) and how aggressively the Drifters protect them, that just kinda wasn’t happening.

Spoke with a local yesterday. It seems the star’s appearance basically hasn’t changed since the system went final liminal.

Oh, well.

We had a good talk, otherwise. I still just … really don’t understand kybernaut reasoning. He didn’t seem like an unpleasant person, but it really still seems to me like their explanations and justifications are so diverse because they’re all ultimately just making excuses for something they know is terribly wrong-- so wrong that it seems a little hard to find one who’ll admit to just being a mercenary in it for the promised reward.

This one seemed convinced that capsuleers are monstrous, and that in some way the Triglavians are here to save us from ourselves. … By encouraging us to betray nearly everyone we’ve ever met, apparently?

It doesn’t make … sense.

A while ago ARC tried to do a kind of study seeking to identify patterns of reasoning among Triglavian supporters. I sort of tried to be involved, but just couldn’t get into it. To me, it was obvious: there was going to be no coherent pattern found.

I do kind of wonder what ever came of that, though.

3 Likes

Word is, the Triglavians have laid claim to 27 systems total, now-- 3^3, a … significant … number to them. Something may happen soon.

Looks like I’ll be missing the jubilee parade this year.

1 Like

26 now; fight’s still on in Krirald.

1 Like

Oh good!

Won’t be for long, as far as this is going.

Understood.

Elsebeth, can you or one of your people maybe shoot me a message when the flip happens? I’ll be on watch either way, but it’d be good to have a shoulder tap. I’ve been out here for a week after all.