War Journal: Triglavian Collective

depending on when you are reading this, what I assume is concord or the scope is releasing live footage of gates turning off
at the moment of this comment, it’s the N-8SI1 <=> K3JR-J gate that shut down
and the map show this:

EDIT::
here is the recording of the shutting of the mentioned gate:

1 Like

I have contacts in the currently affected system and word is that ALL gates in that system are down, not just the one on broadcast.

So beautiful :heart_eyes_cat:

thanks for the confirmation.

The gate then take around 13 min to boot up again

until what I assume is the graviton link being established again

After that, the gate seem operational again, while the pulsing still is here, it may only be an artefact of the energy causing the disruption in the first place.

What bother me is that we don’t really know if the gate shutdown is made by CONCORD to safeguard the gates (my guess) or if it’s the storms causing this to happen.

2 Likes

I always assumed the gates at the Final Liminality systems will be the ones that’ll be affected. I wasn’t expecting Venal. Live Scope footage is now on Catch’s GE-8JV <=> V-3YG7 gate. I’m guessing this is going to be a chain reaction…

It’s not a “chain reaction” in the sense that it’s not one event cascading to repeated failures, or if there is a pattern, it does not look like it’s an obvious one.

the storms definitely seem to be a variable at play, but we have tooo little data to draw any conclusions.
well, my team and I at least, maybe others, with more funds and… insights… have more data ?

but it’s my policy tu share what data I have to the public.

3 Likes

So far every affected system has been part of a Metaliminal Storm. These storms are exacerbating the issues suffered by the gate network is my assumption.

2 Likes

Are Cynosural Fields also affected?

Unknown.

It can very well be a possibility that, as with the blackout, CONCORD prefer to use resources to maintain navigation in their own space than in “more or less controlled space”…

The thing is, it’s easy to get fooled by visual data…
take here: the gates get red, but it can be a sign of simple “we are offline” visual indicator, or, a sign of triglavian action…

we don’t know.
It’s, as far as I know, the first time the gates act like that.
maybe if someone has footage of the jove gates shutting off, we could compare.

1 Like

This is not true. We’ve had system gates shut down in systems unaffected by storms.

Cyno up with gate offline in Fade

maybe it was true at the time of the message.

@Morgana_Tsukiyo thanks for your data input.

At the time of writing, all systems broadcasted had been within metaliminal storms. I have since learned that other systems have been affected as well.

The time has come. The Proven have ascended.

We live in interesting times indeed. I am curious how the situation will develop. Aria’s perspective has been refreshing in its lack of imperialism.

So … a while ago I half-joked about waking up in the Abyss one morning.

I’m not sure this is the Abyss yet, but…

"Hi, I’m Kuharah, and WOW are the Triglavians not being subtle about this anymore!

“… I used to be blue, by the way.”

Yeah, I think that might be the deadest stargate I’ve ever seen. Somehow that doesn’t look like the result of standard shutdown procedures. Guess they didn’t get them closed fast enough in the end.

Moons and such seem to still be in place, but the asteroid belts are just … gone. I’m not sure if the Triglavians mined them out completely when I wasn’t looking or if the … change … pushed them out of their orbit.

New gate. The Triglavians have opted for some kinda stiff security, and apparently Kuharah’s actually a particularly high-security system. I can’t really blame them; it’s a sensible approach. Maybe if CONCORD had restricted travel based on proven loyalty the Collective wouldn’t have found quite so many traitors. That’s not really how K-space society works, though.

I can still see the stars of New Eden through the distortion, at least for now. It might as well be Anoikis, though. Local comms beacon’s gone dark. Whole area’s unsecured space. Maybe the kybernauts will stand united after all this: band together, trade resources, coordinate defenses, form up to make a single community.

Somehow that doesn’t seem entirely likely, though. And somehow I’m not sure the Triglavians would have it any other way.

3 Likes

pardon my enthusiasm, but the stargate pic is entirely coherent with my Mass-Energy Ratio.

By altering the MER of the system, what was before a point of neutral energy balance switched to matter state.
And the gravitational well formed by belts was enough to create a deadspace pocket !

I assume that planets, moons and stations are still in places ?

If my calculation were correct, there was an important risk that all in space crafts would be destroyed as well.

My team has difficulties contacting our operating base in Igne, as if FTL communications were harder to reach!

If you set a route across new eden does AURA still capable to send you a visual ?

So much things to do !
thanks you for your continuous share of information !

2 Likes

They seem to be, yes, sir.

I wasn’t, but I was shut down under silent running while I got a little sleep. I don’t really have data for what happened.

Not outside of “Pochven,” sir. It’s like setting a route while you’re still in W-space; Aura can’t predict wormhole access. Inside Pochven it works fine, but it seems like making the trip could be a little harder than it looks even for the kybernauts. Apparently it takes really, really high standings to get into Kuharah through the gate network.

I feel oddly privileged to have arrived as original equipment.

for the route, I was more speaking about getting a visual route in space, set a destination to one side of the cluster and another to the other side so the theorical route cross the whole cluster, in WH space you can see it, it has been used to calculate the distance between anoikis and new eden and confirm that it was indeed “just” another cluster.

It appears we’re still here, Mr. Fallenstar. I mean, like I said, I can still kind of see the local stars. The system hasn’t moved, hasn’t … “left.” We’re still right nere in New Eden, just the gates bounce us around between our former regions pretty freely.