Wardec and suicide ganking

Agreed.

And if you and me agree on it, that’s got to count for something.

1 Like

I have, they always go on about nerfs and never mention their buffs and there has been so many buffs.

The issue is that as soon as CCP made using neutral RR a criminal offense and thus blocked allies from doing any repping they screwed the ally system over completely and effectively blocked people joining together to defend each other.

In any case wars are never fair from the off.

I am not sure I agree with this, because they did not mind the odd war, but when it became all the time it was a big turn off. Why impose that sort of stuff on mainly casual players. It is all well and good for people to moan about a lack of players and all that, but killing the player base at the starting level is not wise.

I suggested that each entity can war dec up to four entities without the need of a war hq or structure. Of course it would be abused, but it would enable smaller stuff to happen and would not be a total free pass.

I know you, we met in game sort of, but when you do PvP you want a chance to win, I do have some knowledge of PvP so I have been trying to help some people along, but at the core level you want to fight people that you have a chance with. For example me, having a war dec with PIRAT would see me picking them off, it is easy to do and I have developed the characters to do it, however I don’t really want to face them, that is not my objective.

I would agree with you based on how I am, I did the same as you, war decs were a joke to me, but then again I have two accounts that I have subbed all the time, some accounts I can use when I want to and the three characters on my main accounts all have a lot of skills. For me getting around such stuff is easy. But a new causal player, no, they have their eggs in one basket…

I think you are a great player.

I think with the war HQ system CCP should cut the war dec fee to 10m, it makes no sense at all to be at 100m. But lets be blunt a Raitaru is not exactly a highly expensive item, but it does hurt small newer players in terms of getting into the game so a smaller less costly war HQ would work too.

I juts helped in a war which was very successful for us in the end, it is doable and it can be a lot of fun.

The key thing is to move this away from the bling fitting farmers and into small groups kicking ten bells of hell out of each other and having a lot of fun. To me blanket pipe hunting and trade hub hunting war decs are so meh!

This is really what we can develop in hisec.

It was a progression thing.

So you start out as small group and gradually get larger as you take on more members or join larger groups. (and players would stop where they were comfortable).

But recently it feels more polarising. Pushing people into big groups on one end with nerfs to wars and big focus on null sec. And on the other end enabling solo play with more safety and abyss space etc.

Well yeah, of course. That’s the thing. A game starts from nothing, and everybody works their way up, and the environment of everyone going through that process provides a certain set of opportunities and behaviours.

But then people reach new plateaus and the environment changes. It was one thing to small-gang hunt in low sec when you encountered mostly other small gangs, solos, and a few bigger ships. It’s another thing to small-gang hunt in low when half the people you run into can cyno in a capital group if things go poorly. The environment has changed even though ‘the game’ has not. (Just an example, not saying this is a common or important issue.)

When you look at your game and say “Hmmm, activity X is important to the game, but power creep and player progression has made activity X much less viable”, then it’s time to re-design certain features of your game.

CCP has, by and large (IMO), lost sight of the ‘small scale’ game in order to focus on pushing players towards the end-game and larger expenditures. But without the small scale game, very few people are finding EVE interesting enough to even bother considering reaching the end game.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.