Wardec infinite rehash

Thats how it is.

Its up to the players to make the consequences.

They provide the “reward” so why cant they provide the risk?

6 Likes

Hai
Send isk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No! :blush:

Wardec works both ways. Where did you get “impunity”? Defending party even can get unlimited allies for free.

3 Likes

Considering it is easier to avoid war decs these days, that they are more expensive, and there are probably less people engaged in them…I find this hard to believe and nothing more than self-interested speculation.

And…you want to get rid of a play style supports this argument how?

So you have CODE. and war decs and you want to remove war decs…tell us again how you are not after increased safety.

They only attack with impunity because you let them.

There is, if you engage in an act of aggression outside of the proper context (war decs, suspect flags, etc.) you get your ship blown up. And if you want a war dec you have to spend ISK.

No, they are a pain in the ass for CEOs who have no idea how to run their corp, and therefore the members under that corp have a shitty time and choose to play other games.

This all goes back to the Crappy corp that the Idiot CEO decided to make. If your CEO has no ability to teach and lead your corp, then your corp sucks and should fold. There are already hundreds of crappy hisec corps that offer everything while actually having no substance. Its the blind leading the blind, and we dont need that.

Including one that curbstomps crappy corps that have no reason to exist, sure.

Wardeccers are the ones that pay the cost to wardec. They are the ones who risk losing isk when the CEO decides to jump corp or stay docked for a week.

But more than that, dont you think that a CEO should properly understand and know how to protect its corp? Sure, it might cost isk to protect your corp, but thats the responsibility of being the CEO. You have the access to taxing and taking income from your corp members, but at the same time you are also responsible. And if you think it sucks that you have to put isk and effort into growing, but more importantly, protecting your new players, then maybe you dont deserve to be the CEO. Maybe you dont deserve to run a corp.

2 Likes

I am personally not against wardecing anyone however I believe a cap of 30 wardecs per alliance doing the decing and 10 for corps would make the big wardecing groups focus on larger entities unless they want to waste slots or to cycle through their target list periodically.

That’d be totally correct if you ignore people making alts, making corps, and deccing more.

You thought that through really well, i’m impressed. :slight_smile:

Why would it do that?

4 Likes

Do you know why there is mass war deccing?

1 Like

puts finger on nose
Bagsy not explaining it to him.

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll be honest about this.

(1) Never make an analogy between WOW’s armor and an EVE Online ship. EVER. I’m a miner but i would even wardec you (and rent some mercs) just for you ‘putting the anal in analogy’.

(2) The wardec system (just like the bounty system) is COMPLETELY BROKEN. There is NO ONE LEFT with enough game knowledge at CCP to fix (rebalance) it, so here are some tips and tricks:

• Stay docked for a week. The offender has spend 500m on NOTHING and will let the war expire and not repay for waiting for you to undock another week. In the mean while you can explore the two alt slots you have on your account and make one toon in another corp and one in a npc corp just in case. All of them should have access to a chat channel you created called something like “MostComplexGameMechanicsBeingTotallyExploited” or a chatroom name less long. Now since your first toon is still in the corp and has access to the corp hangar in the NPC station you can grab from the vault and contract out or just give to a clanmate that is on his corp-external toon. There, full access to the clanvault and a few offenders cloaked near the spacestation waiting for days for you to come out and play. Note that you can on occasion use your wardecced char to taunt your ennemy in believing you are going to wait them out then exit the station and mine [ITS A TRAP DO NOT EVER GO OUT ITS JUST TROLLING THEM WTF! ARE YOU RETARDED YOU ARE WARDECCED STAY IN AN NPC STATION WITH YOUR MAIN] Yet your alt flies by them without them knowing. There, the ultimate troll-carebear solution.

You can however fight the offenders and learn how to actually “Git Gud” and get access to more of the game. That’s not a paywall like most say, it’s a learning curve. It’s hard but awesome once you advance to another level or playfield as EVE Online is NOT linear, it’s a sandbox with different playstyles. Yes, it’s dangerous but rewarding if you keep searching for solutions. And no most people won’t hold your hand like me as more and more completely un-committing people flood the game wrecking it…

1 Like

Nowhere near as drastic measures needed mate.

Avoid the trade hubs, scout the pipes.
Use an NPC/unaffiliated character as a scout.
done

That’s it, that’s nearly %90 increase in survivability right there.

Pretty much all of the lads around now camp the hubs and scout the pipes and will only bother actively looking for you if you go out of your way annoying them

9 Likes

True, but I just want to give them a 100% failsafe system. Remember, they used to play WOW. What you indicate are also very good points newbros should train in!

All those recommendations do is perpetuate the fallicy that you can’t continue to play and enjoy the game under a wardec.

They do nothing to actually help people looking for advice and end up requiring people spending extra money for dual character training so the alts can use the ships that the main has. That’s a terrible outcome for people, which makes it terrible advice.

3 Likes

people dont want to spend isk or effort, though. And thats the problem. They think that Hisec is the equivalent of a PVE server, where nothing can touch you and you are completely safe.

The day they find out differently, is the day they whine or leave. They dont understand the concept of risk vs reward, because all the other games equivalent of “risk” has always been “miniscule amount of time wasted”.

1 Like

Why does WoW have anything to do with it? On a pvp server they still faced risks.

Yes there is. Wardecs are used for what you describe, but on top of that they are used by highsec gate- and stationcampers, who target anyone in hopes for shiny killmails and loot drop. the targets are nullsec alliances, lowsec groups, wormholers and other highsec inhabitants alike. they are so highly specialized you could call it PVE or an industrial job, with the occasional romp and stomp from a larger null group who is pissed at them.

Compare that to ganking, btw. Ganking as I see it, is a much more interesting mechanic and while there are people who don’t like its existence, they’d have to agree that it is much better balanced than wardecs.

To the current wardec mechanic.

I think at its core it has one fundamental problem and all other problems derive from that, if we think about it not only from the perspective of the decced or the deccers, but the space and people around them as well.

To compare:
In J-Space and 00 anyone can freely shoot everyone, without any intervention by NPCs and without any punishment by the system in form of security status loss. Those who do not wish to have a constant mark on their back, will want to join a group as large as possible, so that at least their cohabitants of a system and immediate neighbors will not shoot them. PVP occurs when outsiders come to fight for the sake of fighting or taking space or when ninja pve-guys are catched by locals.

In Lowsec everyone can freely shoot anyone, without being Concorded, but with security status loss as a possible punishment and, should the fight be started at a Stargate or Station, with structures shooting the agressor - unless the agressed is a valid target under high-sec mechanics, so below -5 or blinky red/yellow. People who live in Lowsec do not necessarily align themselves with any prevalent local group, depending on what it is, they want to do. Despite the existence of professional-grade gatecamps, it is easier to move around Lowsec and you have NPC stations you can base out of. Groups who want to dominate certain areas cannot really claim it for any mechanical profit, but they can put out constant pressure on others. The success of the latter is limited by the existence of NPC stations, so catching people on the move, with gatecamps, is a necessary part of it. However, no matter how much people think that the area is theirs, the station and gate guns will not agree. PVP occurs like it does in 00, but also coinhabitants of a system or region fighting each other.

In Highsec everyone can freely shoot anyone, but will be Concorded, lose security status and take NPC guns, unless one of the following applies: target below -5 sec status, blinky red/yellow, in your Corp and option to engage each other is set to legal, a duel was accepted or, finally, both parties are currently at war. Concord punishment is always the destruction of your ship,

Now let’s look again at one point:
J-Space: everyone can freely engage everyone
00: everyone can freely engage everyone
Lowsec: everyone can freely engage everyone, with certain disadvantages
Highsec: everyone can freely engage everyone, with being CONCORDed, unless criteria X is met

Let’s say we have 2 Corporations, called “Wardec me now” (WMN) and “Gonna decc you” (GDY).
What happens if GDY deccs WMN in either of the 4 areas of space?

J-Space: everyone can freely engage everyone, no change whatsoever
00: everyone can freely engage everyone, no change whatsoever
Lowsec: everyone can freely engage everyone, with the disadvantages of taking gate guns or losing sec status being deactivated if both parties are at war with each other
Highsec: everyone can freely engage everyone, with being CONCORDED, unless it is GDY and WMN fighting

So, for both imaginary war parties, what does it mean, who can attack them:
J-Space/00/Lowsec: everyone can attack them, which includes that they can attack each other
Highsec: no one else can attack them without immediately losing their ship to CONCORD, but they can attack each other.

I think your issue derives from there. The wardeccers basically live in safe-space and they can cherry pick targets for a price in ISK. Now, you have to understand that Highsec was never meant to be safe-space for anyone, apart from a few New Player systems. That of course includes new corporations: there is no intention of protecting you from PVP. On the other hand, someone who decides to engage in Highsec PVP outside of duels or blinky-baiting, has to either Gank and get the full punishment of Concord, or can be a safe-space pirate on his own terms for ISK for however long they want to do it.

As a decced party, you have a few ways of approaching this mechanic:

1. You could come to the Forums and beat the dead horse of how wrong it is. You are not right, but you are not wrong either. It’s a bit jaded and could use an overhaul.

2. You could analyze your situation and ask yourself why they are so strong and what can you do to change that. Hint: look at their current wartargets. Write them up and explain your situation. Try to work together with as many of them as possible and fight back. Your corp alone won’t make it, so turn Highsec into Nullsec by forming a Blue Donut and deal with wardeccers as a huge group. If you are mad about the wardec, make sure to contact future decced parties and invite them into the club.

Hope that helped. o7 zluq

1 Like

I have characters (including this one) in 3 separate small corps. None of them have EVER been war decced, despite running missions in somewhat blingy ships. Even this one’s corp has never been war decced despite posting on forums (occasionally being rude), and in the past I was even using this character as a scout/warp in/looter for my ganker. Either you or one of your corp members are really pissing people off somehow. Another possibility is SoE level 4 mission hubs are often targetted, and you might have competition paying for these war decs you’re receiving…maybe relocate to a less popular corp hub.

2 Likes