Warp Deceleration Rigs

This is good to know, seriously can’t believe I didn’t know that. Ty.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Warp_time_calculation#Deceleration

Deceleration is calculated slightly differently. Instead of using k to calculate distance and velocity, it uses j , which is defined as ![\pagecolor{Black}\color{White}\min(\frac{k}{3},2)](upload://mZLWA6NqSXn4koVMXIkV6YPMxEQ.png A different rate of deceleration is used to prevent ships suddenly transitioning from “many, many AU away” to “on grid and out of warp” more rapidly than other pilots (or the server / client) can keep up with.

2 Likes

Fact check before you tweet Donald :wink:

You don’t know what fact you got wrong until someone tells you.

If you knew where he was wrong already, you should have told him instead of the complete nonsense you just puked.

You didn’t notice the wink?

Don’t make ■■■■ what it isn’t.

1 Like

I only noticed the dump in your post.
The wink I am not able to guess with 100% certainty what it is for, so I think it’s a dump like the remaining.

Next time you want to say something, say it - don’t expect people to magically guess your stupidity. That’s a basic of conversation.

2 short lines, big dump right?

I know what is really wrong, you spilled your milk on your MAGA hat :rofl:

1 Like

Hyperspatial rigs warp accelerators ascendency implants what more you want? You can make a ratting nyx warp and land faster than a frigate

Someone missed the whole thread

1 Like

Yea your rig idea is dumb when we already have the effect through other rigs mods and implants

why you really shouldn’t assume tone when reading online posts

Says the guy that claims he is deleting his accounts.

The content is coming. Do us all a favor and do it early.

1 Like

You’re right lets get rid of tracking computers since we already have tracking enhancers. Also locus coordinators and metastasis adjusters. How about we make it so there’s only three modules speed attack and defense. You dropped on the head?

1 Like

I’d highly suggest you read and fully digest this:

Then see if you can rewrite the python and/or build a spreadsheet to model warp behavior based on the Eve University link already posted. Once you’ve done all that and understand the design goals maybe we can talk about ways to change the deceleration constant.

It might be desirable to increase the deceleration constant of ships that aren’t hitting the cap already via a rig or module. That would, for instance, drop frigates and T3s on people’s heads a bit faster at the cost of calibration and/or a slot. However, that goal can already be achieved with hyperspatials.

I’m less convinced that getting around the hard cap of j=2 would be a good thing. I’d certainly have to see some data around what that change would look like. How much shorter a period would incoming ships be visible on dscan? On grid? If we have numbers maybe there’s a conversation to be had. As is, this all seems far too tenuous – especially given the explicit goals of the hard cap.

on dscan, the distance to decelerates would not decrease a lot. so at 14 AU you would catch people the same.
on grid, maybe with the increase of grid size CCP could also increase the max WS deceleration.

1 Like

I have totally changed my mind, having you follow me from thread to thread has made me realize how much my groupies like you would be impacted.

You don’t want to make fights more likely, you want to make ganks more likely. Ganks =/= fights.

2 Likes

Absolutely carebear.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.