I don’t know what to call this so I dub it “warp tank”, and I have tried various angles of google-fu but can’t ask the question right to even get CLOSE to answering this one myself, so please help out!
Premise: Warp takes 3 things to occur. 2 of them interest me right now.
- Time to 75% acceleration.
- Time to alignment.
Time to alignment can be disregarded when stopped.
So this is the Warp Tank idea…and if this already exists, by a certain obvious name, just tell me. And if it’s not feasible because of game mechanics changes just tell me, because maybe some of my readings are out of date.
Can you do all 3:
- Reduce stop time (stop on a dime)
- Increase Acceleration time
- Reduce max sub-warp speed?
If all three are yes:
- Will this enable active piloting so that you can beat the 2seconds to warp timer by issuing a stop command, reaching 0, then issuing a warp command?