Warp Tanks

Well what you described was how the game works. What she described was the metric of that mechanic…the alignment time.

I assumed the alignment time was a non-factor, and did not describe the 0-state.

Alignment time has a few different, related meanings in EVE depending on context. One of which being from 0 to warp. This is the usage that Pyfa uses

T2 is not usable for Alphas. And I reeeely want to see what can be done as an Alpha before going Omega. Because then my Omega experience will be like a juggernaut.

I don’t remember off the top of my head if this is true for T2 inertial stabs specifically, but I want to make clear that this is not true in general. A year or so ago they made Many T2 modules available for Alphas, including turrets, for example.

K well, all that aside, does someone have a fittings browsers that isn’t a downloadable?
I just want to be able to easily navigate modules/rigs so I can start to see what is needed to fit-test for accel(+) and speed(-)

No goods ones worth considering off the top of my head

Oh shjz…I’ll double check. Every T2 I’ve needed so far has been Omega’d so I gave up on looking.

I am 99% certain that T2 inertial stabs, cargoholds, etc can be used by Alphas. But for sure many T2 things are Alpha-friendly. Not ships, of course, but many modules

So far I’ve been Exploration fitted, so I was severely T1 capped, but that is for obvious reasons…a T2 Explorer can explore ALL the sites easily with some basic SP to boot.

I can see that T2 weapons etc might be allowed because otherwise the Alpha would be relegated to a tutorial, and for a game this vast…tutorials can’t quite get you hooked.

It’s not WoW that’s for sure…games like WoW you can master in a day and jerk off playing…

Do that here and some better player will gank your stuff and make you spit soda on your monitor while you watch 2 weeks of isk get popped.

1 Like

Confirmed: T2 stabs Alpha friendly

Sweet, well I’ll play with the fit to see if this question is moot for production.

But, academically I’d still like to find out if it can be achieved the other way.

Obviously if you can get an alignment time of 2sec by any fit, then doing it the easiest way is best, unless you for some reason REEEEEELY need that low slot? Lol

Inertial stabs increase sig radius. A hunter with good scan res takes advantage of those. I would never use. But that’s personal. Their turning in a scenario when trying to gtfo is countered by increase to sig radius? Last I played anyways.

Basically…

But when I looked at it it seemed rather balanced.

I know you’re resistant to reality, it’s okay. It’ll help when you’re in someone’s crosshairs, die faster.

This is almost never an issue in practice, esp. if it’s a travel fit (that is, for the purpose of arriveing quickly and safely, and once you arrive in your destination you refit; if the destination doesn’t have a place to dock then you use a mobile depot to refit in space).

I know a lot of people favor nanofiber hulls because of this, and while there are pros and cons and use cases for both, that in itself is not usually a reason to avoid them. The agility bonus is simply not as strong as the alternatives; when it comes to 2SWO, escaping quickly, faster acceleration, etc inertial stabs are usually the way to go. Even with the stack penalty the effects are usually better than using nanofiber hulls, for example.

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any rig or module that boosts your agility better than inertial stabs. (Interestingly enough, nanofiber hulls, despite their description, do not reduce your mass)

nanofibre and polycarb. I told you I knew something. I ALWAYS caught people with those.

1 Like

You see my face? I ain’t afraid of you

I’m not asking you to be afraid, I’m asking you to be informed and not fight reality. I detest that.

1 Like

So your goal is to fit your cargo ship better against ganks?

Not exactly, I just wanted to know more about what modules adjusted those parameters for a faster warp so I could theorycraft it and apply it as situations arose.

1 Like