Warp Tanks

Oh I get it. Well higgs anchor rig is alpha friendly and makes you heavy and slower, maybe you can us that mechanic some way. Another trick is mwd trick.

Cool I’ll look into both :slight_smile:

Wow this actually is exactly what I was looking for. What do they call this kid of rigging/tactic that uses such a specialized tool to decrease warp times?

Higgs increase the mass of the ship, so it has many uses, like make difficult to bump your ship, roll wormholes , etc.

Indeed! Because of your point, I found this article and it was a good read.

Higgs Anchor

You’re reading about eve? Hallelujah

Can’t you see what you need to with the in-game fitting tool ? It’ll certainly give you stuff like speed, acceleration and inertia.

Nanofiber Internal Structures are better in this respect, as they decrease Align Time (although by a lesser amount than Inertial Stabilizers) without increasing Signature Radius. However, every upside in Eve has a corresponding downside, so fitting Nano’s will decrease your EHP (i.e increase your vulnerability), where Inertials don’t affect EHP.

We went through this. I know this, he does not. But fitting inertial stabs against a high scan res ship is suicide.
Maybe haulers, idk, but never used them. I realize the ones I mention weaken your ship, the polycarb has no negative effect i don’t think.

2s align means most ship (those that don’t have huge scan res) can’t target you before you warp out from a gate.

1s is doable (I can only think of hecate) and it’s the only one that is not catchable at gate.

the direction has no meaning when you are standing still.

or a destroyer(sunesis, hecate, jackdaw are easy) or a cruiser(cynabal)

align time is not influenced by you max speed by any mean. to try this : add overdrive injectors to your fit. Your align does not change.
he only two factor that influence your align time are

• your inertial multiplier.
  • your ship total mass.

hecate with serpentis inertial is un catchable(<1s align)
on some fits it’s mandatory to use inertial to reach 2s.
A 3k scanres can target a sig above 20m radius in 1s. A 2k needs 45m sig to insta target. A 2.5k scan res needs 27m to insta lock. In reality it needs a bit more due to ping.

The lowest inty is 30m sig claw. with a restrained SE in the mid, 3 stabs and 2 rig extender T2 it goes to 43m. 3k and 2.5k scan res still target you in the same tick(1), 2k scan res still target you in the same tick(2), so there is no point in not putting those inertial stabs.

here are the graphs of targeting speed vs sig radius for 2k,2k5,3k,4k scan res.

1 Like

Your wisdom related to my quote is flawed.

Your post contains no argument at all, just random words put together.

If you use inertial stabs, you’re a noob, and an easy target. That was my only point. You can keep believing it until it’s proven to you that you’re wrong. Unless they’ve made difference they increase sig radius, that’s your answer.

That’s not a point, that’s random words put together. In most cases inertial stabs don’t make a single difference in targeting time - that’s the argument I proved on the previous posts with numbers.

My friend, I have to vehemently disagree. There are so many use cases where inertial stabs, even after taking sig penalty into account, are better. Travel fits employing the MWD Cloak trick, for example - The instant I break the gate cloak is the instant I activate my MWD and cloak, and in having done this thousands of times I’ve only ever been “caught” less than 0.1% of the time, and this includes moving larger ships such as buffer-shield tanked battleships with inertial stabs through tighly packed gate camps employing instalock ships. The fact that I can align and warp out sooner also means the chances of them ramming me to decloak and warp jam me is decreased to a slightly larger extent than nanofiber hulls. It’s worth pointing out that the agility bonus on the inertial stabs is enough that you can stack a few of them and, even after the stack penalties, the agility bonus is still superior to nanofiber hulls.

Keep in mind that the server operates in ticks, and that multiple actions can be bundled into a single tick. Again from experience: the probability that an instalock high-resolution ship preempts an instacloak ship is very much in the instacloak ship’s favor, especially when they instacloak after breaking a gate cloak. I’m no stranger to facing instalock ships, which is why I am advocate the use of inertial stabs, in the proper context, both from a theoretical and practical perspective.

I think where inertial stabs fall apart is prolonged combat: the sig radius means the enemy is going to hit you a lot harder (and, in the case of missiles, you’re helping them overcome both the hard and the soft limits on damage regarding sig/explosion radius). While it is true that Nanofiber lowers your hull integrity, this is easily compensated for on armor/shield and at least doesn’t increase your vulnerability to damage. So yes, in cases this this I can see the value of nanofiber over inertials.

That’s okay, I don’t plan on pvp’ing again or read long forum posts sorry. I can prove you wrong in another lifetime? lol

Yes.
Fit a higgs rig.

2 Likes

It’s required to point out that using a scram, point or any other module affecting physics (movement) there’s an additional tick delay. That’s why it’s always better to try shooting insta-undockers, instead of pointing, even when pre-locked.

hu ? No additional tick delay, you can point someone who has <2s align time, by experience.

What is required is to take into account the ping from the server to you, twice. So if you have a 50ms ping to the server, you need to actually target the ship in less than 900 ms to have it locked by the next tick (also remove the delay to spam lock and the delay for the server to handle the information, it’s safer to remove 200ms).
But besides that, all offensive modules take effect the moment the server receives the activation - while warping off (according to an old CCP presentation) only is considered at the end of a tick, like aligning starts at the beginning of a tick.

No, there really is a delay when physics gets involved and it’s observable.
Using turrets does not do that, but using a point, scram or web does.

Maybe it’s not actually an additional tick and just enough to push sending of the packet into the next one, I don’t know, but from extensively trying to learn how to properly catch insta-undockers I know that there’s a significant difference between trying to point compared to trying to shoot them.

When you point/scram/etc during a tiny amount of align time he might have, the overview shows him as yellow boxed when your ship is fast enough to lock him during his align time, yet he’ll manage to get away because there’s a delay involved when using tackling mods.

When you do the same just with turrets, he’ll explode. There’s a chance of noticing the yellow box, but when they’re in a ship small enough to instapop, it’s hard or not noticable. It’s definitely noticable when using a tackle module, though.

This is first hand experience, not just theory. Unless they’ve changed this in the last years, which I doubt, because it’s pretty fundamental.

1 Like

Dude. I tell you you can point someone that is <2s align.
So there is no delay of 1s to the point, because targeting is already at least one tick. Unless as you says, if they changed it recently.